2010.04.23 Where did the lead for river really come from?

LeLe1953

Former Member
Reaction score
It keeps being reported that Tommy, Misty or granny was the source of the tip that led LE to do the river search. Maybe just maybe it was Donna or the cousin arrested with them. We haven't heard much of either of them. Donna spent a lot of time with Misty. Considering the way Misty loves to talk, I find it very probable she dropped hints to Donna about the rope, bricks, river. Personally, I don't think LE would spend one dime seaching based on anything Misty or Tommy said w/o them passing a poly based on the story they are trying to sell. I don't think it was any of them that pointed LE to the river. Makes more sense to me it was someone else close to Misty as in the cousin or Donna.

I can't figure out who it is, but I have heard the word EYEWITNESS more than once since it came out. I'm thinking that would rule out at least Granny (who was in TN at the time I believe) and Donna (who hadn't entered the picture yet). Of course, the term eyewitness could be that tossed around journalism we've been getting so much of, too.

IMO, from an examination/analysis of TomCs LDT, corroborated by MCs recorded phone calls to GMFlo.

Originally GMH stated she was the one who told LE, and she also told TN & GGMS about where the search was going to be, then on NG last night, the gma's were on and CC called in and GMH said she got it from CC, who was trying to say (but was talked over) that she got the info from a letter from Misty --- whew - what a mouthful, and that is some daisy chain ...

Hardy said the tip didn't come from Tn.

I guess one day we will find out, but for now, I don't think it came from any family member unless from the cousin that was arrested with them. I honestly think it could have come from Donna. I know they have said "eye witness" but I am not buying that as I think an eye witness would have come forward sooner, if not for justice for Haleigh, than for the reward money. Even though Donna was not there when Haleigh disappered, I think she was there for the 1 st search. Even Tim has said the river was mentioned to him & he offered to put side scan sonar in the water. If Ron was dropping "hints" Joe liked to fish there or throw animals into the water for the gators ( I dont recall who said that) I don't think it's outside the realm of possibilty that Donna heard that info while being part of a search or that Misty dropped hints like flys to her during their time together. After all, if you were Donna, wouldn't you tell all you knew? It just makes sense to me that Misty trusted her, she got her hair & nails done, got her teeth fixed, took her on road trips & maybe even did drugs together. Sounds like she showed Misty more of a good time than Misty had ever had. I think Donna made Misty feel special. It's just to quite on the Donna, cousin ( what ever her name was..is it Hope?) and Ron front. I think 3 are yacking and dealing & rest is just smoke & mirrors to confuse Misty & Tommy. I say just take snot nosed, foul talking Misty & show her the chair, let her sit & get comfy then hand her a note pad & tell her " its the pen & pad or the chair." She'll talk. Good thing I am not in law enforcement, they would REALLY being calling the Gov.

Originally GMH stated she was the one who told LE, and she also told TN & GGMS about where the search was going to be, then on NG last night, the gma's were on and CC called in and GMH said she got it from CC, who was trying to say (but was talked over) that she got the info from a letter from Misty --- whew - what a mouthful, and that is some daisy chain ...

This might help w/ a timeline -- at least as far as who might have known what & when during the 2nd week of April -- it's from ToC's atty on JVM tonite.

JAMES WERTER, ATTORNEY FOR TOMMY CROSLIN: Well, that`s why I put my release out last week. It just -- all the rumors and speculation that are going around just totally annoyed me. And I put a press release out last week outlining how law enforcement came to the river on Monday night. That would have been April 12.

If you remember on HLN on the 26th of March, I informed you, well, maybe not you, but HLN that he would take a polygraph, and he did take a polygraph on April 8. I spoke with him on April 10 -- that was a Saturday morning. And on April 11, Lindsay called me, his wife, Tommy`s wife. So Monday morning, April 12, Steve Brown, the investigator, and myself sat down with Tommy. We discussed the results of the polygraph. And that evening...

and

But because of the polygraph that night, Monday night, April 12, we were on the dock with Tommy and law enforcement. That would have been FDLE, Putnam County Sheriff`s Office, and those two agencies. We were there discussing the scene with Tommy.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1004/23/ijvm.01.html

This is my short-hand version of a timeline based on all of what Werter had to say tonite...dates & time are jumbled up so this is just my interpretation.

Apr.8th - ToC takes LDT
Apr.10th - ToC speaks w/ Werter
Apr. 11th - ToC calls Flo - tells her to call Lindsey & have her get in touch w/ Werter because he needs to see him & Brown
Apr. 12th - Morning- ToC ,Werter, Brown, FDLE, & investigator discuss ToC's LDT
Apr. 12th - Evening - ToC, Werter, FDLE & PCSO on the dock

After looking at this, it seems that ToC was responsible for the SJR dock search....(Altho, at this point Werter is the only one who's spoken up about who was talking to whom & when.....LE could've been talking to other folks who'd put in their :twocents: about the SJR dock area.)

Now if ToC didn't say anything to Flo, what did she tell GGMS that made her & TN run down to the woods by the river?

I'm betting that the initial bulk of it came from whatever Tommy said, backed up by some degree of similarity to something Misty said, and reinforced by the LTD. I doubt of there is any 1 single bombshell tip. Rather the stories are just starting to mesh into a place where LE can see the common areas of what is and isn't being said.

From what I know about these people I'm almost willing to bet that the lead came from everybody flunking the question, "Is Haleigh in the river" and the follow up questions about the different locations in the river.

Everything everyone has said makes perfect sense. I just think outside the box sometimes. IF all the info had come from Tommy & Misty I think they would have been charged, if not with murder then with having knowledge of it & covering it up or lieing to LE. I do think the grandma in TN has played a part in this but not in the way we are being told. Who is to say LE didnt suggest granny in TN reach out to the cousin in jail or even Donna? Don't forget ole Lenny has been in touch with the gang , maybe when he saw he wasn't going to get the truth out of any of the Coslins he had a chat with granny in TN and put a bug in her ear on how to get info. I would love to see the letter Misty sent out to family & I would love to hear the phone call to granny. I know granny said she doesnt have minutes for her phone right now but I sure hope she finds a way to get some now. It will be interesting when the jail lets Misty see or talk to mom again, anyone know when that might happen?

Does anyone know if Tommy has gotten any visits from his wife since he has been to the dock? Has Misty gotten any visits from her daddy since then? What about Ron, anyone visiting him? I do hope Timmy has cut off the money to all of them. I still think who said what when is smoke & mirrors.

I'm starting to think it' all a made up story to try to get out of jail (drug charges be damned). And I'm starting to think Misty really was sleeping and a stranger came into the trailer and took her and she really doesn't know what the heck happened.

LOL How's that!

Press release by Tommy's lawyer stating how the tip came about. I believe him.

Press release below:

On Thursday, April 8, 2010, Tommy did take a polygraph given by technician, Ron Grenier. On Saturday, April10, 2010, this attorney met with his client to discuss the results of the polygraph.
On Sunday night, April 11, 2010, this attorney received a telephone call from Lindsey Croslin (Wife) that Tommy requested that we meet with Steven K. Brown, the private investigator involved for the past 10-11 months.
On Monday morning, 9:30 AM, April 12, 2010, Steven K. Brown, this attorney and Tommy met at the St. Johns County Jail to discuss the polygraph and February 9, 2009.
Based on discussions that morning, this attorney made contact with FDLE, the State Attorney’s Office and Scott Bolin, Special Agent, FBI, and arranged an interview with Tommy at the State Attorney’s Office, Homicide Investigations Unit, St. Augustine, Florida, at approximately 5:00 PM.
As a result of the 2 plus hours interview with Jason Jolicoeiur, Special Agent, FDLE, Detective Peggy Cone, Putnam Co. Sheriff’s Office, under the guidance of this attorney and Steven K. Brown, Tommy took the group to the Shell Harbour Road boat ramp, St Johns River, Putnam County, Florida.
The commencement of the river search for Haleigh was at 10:00 AM, Tuesday, April 13, 2010.

I posted this on the JVM thread, too, but alot of the info. can be used here, also. Didn't mean to double post, the JVM thread will be closing soon, too.

Steve Brown took Tommy’s word to be the truth after the failed LDT that Joe is responsible and took credit for solving the case. NOT! I believe Tommy showed deception on his test because he was hiding a story that Misty told him about Joe. There is no proof this is what happened, there is no proof Haleigh was disposed of at the Shell Harbour boat dock/pier. IMO, she was not. If yellow rope and cinder blocks were recovered during the search it could have been placed there by Misty or someone else as a RED HERRING. Or they could have been anyones. It’s not like they are uncommon items used in boating on a river.

It is my belief that Haleigh was not disposed of there. I think this because of the info. gators are not active in Feb. and if she was there she would have surfaced much earlier. I am not trying to be disrespectful to Haleigh in any way, just think Laci Peterson and she was not placed anywhere near the shore. There is no way she would have not decomposed to a degree that something would not have come to the surface and as popular as that place is to people fishing and launching their boats someone would have found something long ago.

Sheriff Hardy did the right thing by calling the family members together to inform them of the search instead of them hearing it through another source. If he told them of the Joe info. that came from Tommy’s interview imo he was wrong to do so. That should have been kept to himself as should all the info. GMA Hollars has been spewing. I’m sorry, but someone should put a muzzle on her. All she is doing is repeating hearsay. If Hardy told the family that Haleigh was deceased by Tommy’s info. alone he was wrong to do that also, imo. How could he do that without proof? Even if it is just a possibility, he shouldn’t of done that or said that to the public. Does he have other knowledge/proof she is no longer living? I certainly hope he does and does not go by the word of all of these liars! There is no way in hello I would have my daughter declared legally dead without proof instead of waiting the 7 yrs. to have it done legally. I am with GMA Sykes on this one, show me , don’t just tell me, which tells me that is exactly what he did. I am also not keen on LE not securing the search site Monday eve. when TC took them there. It was not done until the search started at 10 am the next day. Hardy also stated it is a good possibility Haleigh died at the search site.
Here he is speculating again, imo. This is what GMA Flo said on one of the shows she was on, also, so it leads me to believe she told that to LE.
If he is taking her word or Tommy’s word as the gospel truth there is something very wrong with him!
I would rather hear nothing from LE than speculations based on liars info. It all makes sense now…

Misty told Tommy (before the drug arrests) the same Joe story she told Chelsea in her letter to her but left the Tommy info. out of it.
Tommy failed some of the LDT questions because he was holding back the info. Misty told him.
When he was further questioned about the test results he told the story Misty told him. LE got involved and searched the area Tommy was told about but nothing of evidentiary value was recovered because it is all a lie. Did Tommy take another LDT to determine if the Joe story is true? I don’t know but I highly doubt he did. Misty failed the questions on her Joe story. When Tommy called GMA Flo Sunday evening and asked her to have Lindsy call his lawyer and have him get a hold of PI Steve Brown she claims she “broke him”. She did no such thing, Tommy had went over his LDT and knew it would be turned in to LE and they would soon be questioning him again. He decided to come clean and tell what he was told about Joe. GMA Flo asked him if it was Joe and Tommy confirmed it. GMA Flo made the assumption that Tommy had to be involved and went with Joe because he knew where to look for the evidence at. She is asked if Tommy implicated himself at all during their conversation and she says no. She just assumed he was there and helped but he is repeating a story Misty told him only in the version she told him he is not brought into the picture like he is in the Chelsea letter or the version Misty told her GMA. GMA Flo is also making this assumption about Misty, she had to be involved because she knew where to look for the evidence at and what the evidence is (rope and block) but imo Misty is lying about that and GMA Flo believes her. Someone told GMA the rope/block info. and when Misty called her she asked Misty about it. GMA leads, Misty follows and tells her more lies about how the block/rope was used. Where did the info. come
from that Tommy, Joe and Misty took Haleigh to Shell Harbour to dispose of her? GMA Flo, who is repeating stories she has heard from others and making speculations from that info. Is GMA Flo credible? I think so, yes, all she is doing is repeating things told to her. Are GMA Flo’s “sources”
credible? NO, imo. She reminds me of Art, she repeats things told to her with a little twist added at times, he/she can’t help it if those they are quoting/repeating aren’t being honest. I am not sold that Tommy, Joe, Lindsy, Timmy and Chelsea are involved.

I have a feeling all of this hoopla is another dead end. Ron looked so cool coming out of the meeting because he knows what was discussed is not the truth, except that Haleigh is dead. He is not angry with Misty because she didn’t crack and is still being loyal to him.

It all comes back to my signature line.

Haleigh, I am so sorry that no one cares enough about you to stand up and tell the truth.

JMO

My beliefs on how the tip came about:

I think the tip come from whoever gets the next continuance on the drug case court date.

It appears the lead for the search came from tommy. He took a LDT, Lindsey called his attorney, his attorney notified LE, FBI. FDLE and the District Attorney. They all went to the D.A. then they went to the dock together. I would say he spilled the beans...

LE is now attempting to go for physical evidence of what tommy told them. If they found anything, they are awaiting lab results.

How about this GMF gets call about river(no name) search, she called GMS. LE watches GMS and TN to see where they go. Then they search. Possible who knows.

Didn't someone see misty with a plastic bag in that area by the dock? Or did that turn out to be a rumor too? If it's not rumors than I'm guessing it was a.tip from someone who was or lives in the immediate area.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back