WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately some of the cell companies of possible POI's purged the files of the pings so they cannot tell where they were around the time of MC's disappearance.
We know there were missing records from cell phone companies. Also, we know LE had the 884 and 881 numbers. What we don't know is how they obtained those numbers. Le said 884 was called by MC 6 times on the 9th. How did they know that?
Speculation: Through family or friends, they obtained Mac's phone number, early on, and, in whatever manner, got its call history. How else could LE have known of the 6 calls and to which number?

Could be as simple as this, there was an accident during an argument. MC bumped her head and the person who caused this accident panicked. Maybe they even thought she was dead. Everything after was done to throw off LE and to point suspicion away from them?

The head trauma, contributed to her death and I believe that it happened first. Manual strangulation in the fit of a rage, if done with hands, shoe, boot, most objects would leave distinct impressions as well as additional DNA evidence. We don’t know how many times MC was stabbed with the knife. Less than five is different than over ten, if it was less than five, less rage. If it was over ten, it would be typical of a crime of passion.

There are so many things that don’t add up. The phone calls to no one and nowhere, the placement of the car, placement of the body, no one at the beauty school knowing where she was going then police evidence stating that she told someone that she would be back and was going to meet someone, evidence pointing to glass from a kitchen in her car, all of this makes it very hard for us to solve this case.

On top of that, rumors have pointed to just about everyone that MC knew. To cause additional problems, everyone who is a suspect has a personal advocate stating that they would and could not have done this. It becomes very frustrating.

Here is what I know:
1. Whoever placed the body at CB had to know about that place and had to know that the building was vacant, unless they are an idiot and just decided on a whim to take a chance that no one would see them.
2. MC went to meet them at the boat launch. If she met someone else there that person would have came forward. If it is the case that she met someone else at the boat launch and they were too scared to come forward, they should be arrested and prosecuted.
3. They went somewhere where MC most likely was killed. We know that this because the police found glass from a kitchen in her car.
4. In addition, whatever happened in the kitchen, happened before MC’s car was dumped at Pitcher Canyon, because there was glass in the car.
5. Between the dates on February 9th and February 12th MC’s body was placed at CB.
6. LE believes that something happened in the CB house connected to the crime.
7. She was not sexually assaulted; however, we do not know if she had sex before her death.
8. Someone living at the home where the car was dumped, knows MC’s brother.
9. MC’s phone called a home where someone that works with MC’s BF lives.
10. MC’s mom works in real estate and the home at CB is for sale.

These are just some of the facts that we know. If we had more information surrounding these facts we might be able to more accurately narrow our suspect list. There are so many relationships in this case that it is very hard for me to grasp a suspect. There are so many things that I don’t know, that it is hard for me to even determine what happened. This seems more like a Lifetime movie and less like an actual crime. We are having problems sorting out what we know, I can only imagine how hard it is for LE.

We know there were missing records from cell phone companies. Also, we know LE had the 884 and 881 numbers. What we don't know is how they obtained those numbers. Le said 884 was called by MC 6 times on the 9th. How did they know that?
Speculation: Through family or friends, they obtained Mac's phone number, early on, and, in whatever manner, got its call history. How else could LE have known of the 6 calls and to which number?

If the phone was through one of the parents, the parents could have found out this information simply by logging onto the phone providers account system. While it may not give specific information, it gives you the basics.

Could be as simple as this, there was an accident during an argument. MC bumped her head and the person who caused this accident panicked. Maybe they even thought she was dead. Everything after was done to throw off LE and to point suspicion away from them?

The head trauma, contributed to her death and I believe that it happened first. Manual strangulation in the fit of a rage, if done with hands, shoe, boot, most objects would leave distinct impressions as well as additional DNA evidence. We don’t know how many times MC was stabbed with the knife. Less than five is different than over ten, if it was less than five, less rage. If it was over ten, it would be typical of a crime of passion.

There are so many things that don’t add up. The phone calls to no one and nowhere, the placement of the car, placement of the body, no one at the beauty school knowing where she was going then police evidence stating that she told someone that she would be back and was going to meet someone, evidence pointing to glass from a kitchen in her car, all of this makes it very hard for us to solve this case.

On top of that, rumors have pointed to just about everyone that MC knew. To cause additional problems, everyone who is a suspect has a personal advocate stating that they would and could not have done this. It becomes very frustrating.

Here is what I know:
1. Whoever placed the body at CB had to know about that place and had to know that the building was vacant, unless they are an idiot and just decided on a whim to take a chance that no one would see them.
2. MC went to meet them at the boat launch. If she met someone else there that person would have came forward. If it is the case that she met someone else at the boat launch and they were too scared to come forward, they should be arrested and prosecuted.
3. They went somewhere where MC most likely was killed. We know that this because the police found glass from a kitchen in her car.
4. In addition, whatever happened in the kitchen, happened before MC’s car was dumped at Pitcher Canyon, because there was glass in the car.
5. Between the dates on February 9th and February 12th MC’s body was placed at CB.
7. She was not sexually assaulted; however, we do not know if she had sex before her death.

These are just some of the facts that we know. If we had more information surrounding these facts we might be able to more accurately narrow our suspect list. There are so many relationships in this case that it is very hard for me to grasp a suspect. There are so many things that I don’t know, that it is hard for me to even determine what happened. This seems more like a Lifetime movie and less like an actual crime. We are having problems sorting out what we know, I can only imagine how hard it is for LE.
The "glass chards", obviously meant to be glass shardsIMO stays on my mind. The seizure document which itemizes what was taken from Mac's car by LE actually states"unk# glass chards from kitchen@ home. at home. That bit bothers me At home. Whose home? Where did she spend most of her "at home" time? Is there a glass kitchen counter? Is it broken? I have thought maybe an accident, involving others, or not, might have caused her to strike her head on a glass counter acquiring the glass chards and the head trauma, Another thought is that a person in the car with her might have used an object like a beer bottle to strike her. Only speculation, what ifs, and questions

This seems more like a Lifetime movie and less like an actual crime. We are having problems sorting out what we know, I can only imagine how hard it is for LE.

*snipped content*

I agree with every point you've stated, JamesVic. Let's just hope LE has a larger amount of evidence than we do so their dots are a little easier to connect.

The "glass chards", obviously meant to be glass shardsIMO stays on my mind. The seizure document which itemizes what was taken from Mac's car by LE actually states"unk# glass chards from kitchen@ home. at home. That bit bothers me At home. Whose home? Where did she spend most of her "at home" time? Is there a glass kitchen counter? Is it broken? I have thought maybe an accident, involving others, or not, might have caused her to strike her head on a glass counter acquiring the glass chards and the head trauma, Another thought is that a person in the car with her might have used an object like a beer bottle to strike her. Only speculation, what ifs, and questions

re: glass shards and the "kitchen @ home." My guess (or IMO) would be it is the "house" LE knows as the crime scene - meaning there are/were probably glass shards at that location too. Which home? Leads me to think it is the CB house as that is the only for sure house we know of.
However that would leave out the spec house or an additional house/crime scene.:banghead: Any more documents out there we can sleuth?!:crazy:

re: glass shards and the "kitchen @ home." My guess (or IMO) would be it is the "house" LE knows as the crime scene - meaning there are/were probably glass shards at that location too. Which home? Leads me to think it is the CB house as that is the only for sure house we know of.
However that would leave out the spec house or an additional house/crime scene.:banghead: Any more documents out there we can sleuth?!:crazy:
What is the "for sure house" I don't understand. tia

What is the "for sure house" I don't understand. tia

Sorry Buzz, I mean that is the only "for sure" location with a house that had criminal activity, since it is where the body was found (vs. the named places like boat launch, parking lot, etc.)

Sorry Buzz, I mean that is the only "for sure" location with a house that had criminal activity, since it is where the body was found (vs. the named places like boat launch, parking lot, etc.)
Thank you. I know that right after her body was found-same or next day, LE said there was evidence of homicide on the beachAND in the house.If I were a law enforcement officer investigating a murder, and itemizing things that are found in the victim's car, a teen victim, and I said "at home", I'd mean the teen's home with Mom and/or Dad, or whoever the custodial person was MOO

Here is what I know:

Hi James, I don't see her death as an accident that happened during an argument. She was brutalized with one arm almost severed and received brutal injuries above the neck. It was said the perp 'vented his rage on the body. That doesn't seem to fit with an accident IMO but rather someone scorned or belittled who flipped in retaliation. She must have offered some threat to the killer which is why I think she died. xox

Hi James, I don't see her death as an accident that happened during an argument. She was brutalized with one arm almost severed and received brutal injuries above the neck. It was said the perp 'vented his rage on the body. That doesn't seem to fit with an accident IMO but rather someone scorned or belittled who flipped in retaliation. She must have offered some threat to the killer which is why I think she died. xox

I was just saying that it was a possibility I was not saying that is what happened.

There were three injuries to her body, blunt impact trauma to her head, manual strangulation and stab wounds.

Do we know for a fact that the arm was almost severed?

The three different injuries do not seem like someone who is in rage beyond thinking. I say this because if someone had that much rage, they would not take the time to hit her on the head stop attacking, manually choke her, stop attacking, then stab her. I have seen pictures of rage killings, sixty stab wounds to the neck and chest.

From what we know, I do not think that she had fifty stab wounds, or her skull was destroyed by a blunt object.

Until an autopsy report is released, all we know is what was listed on the death certificate.

If this was a rage killing, I am sure that someone out there saw some blood on the murder. Also there would be tons of DNA evidence one the body, in the car. If there is a person out there that is hiding some knowledge they should be charged with the murder. The last thing we need in this world is another person who would watch someone murdered and not have enough ethical value to come forward.

Property Seizure Record

1. REAR FLOOR - Food Pavillion receipt
  2. REAR FLOOR - Target receipts
  3. PASS. VISOR - JetPro car cash receipts
  4. TRUNK - Personal check (RC)
  5. DRIVER SIDE
    REAR UNDER
    FLOOR MAT - Pearl
  6. DRIVER VISOR - Registration / Insurance info
  7. DRIVER SIDE
    REAR FLOOR - Auto-Mocha card
  8. not provided - Driver-side rear floor mat
  9. not provided - Passenger-side rear floor mat
  10. not provided - Driver-side front floor mat
  11. not provided - Passenger-side front floor mat
  12. not provided - Misc. Notesbook's [sic], papers, etc...
  13. not provided - unk.# glass chards [sic] from kitchen counter
    @ home - LOI recovery
Based upon reviewing the combination of facts and assumptions in the case, I offer my thoughts [or MOO, if you will]:

Although some teenagers are not known for being neat, especially those who seem to live out of their vehicle, I'm guessing MC was neat regarding her credit / debit / gift cards and certain receipts .. she kept them in her purse.

Someone must have rifled through MC's purse, while sitting in the vehicle, and removed and tossed various items to the vehicle floor, such as MC's Auto-Mocha card and some receipts .. and perhaps kept the Debit card?

What of the pearl? If MC was wearing jewelry that day, the fallen pearl might have been the result of a struggle having occurred in the vehicle.

Floor mats? I assume these were recovered from their respective locations in the vehicle ... the 'Location Seized' field is not completed for these items.

What of the glass chards [sic]? Puzzling. The 'Location Seized' field is not completed for this item .. so from where were they seized? Reading the Item Description, I'm led to believe the shards were recovered from the B's kitchen counter, PCR .. the LOI recovery site of the vehicle (Location Of Interest, vehicle recovery) .. since the Seizure Record is specific to the vehicle and to where from which it was recovered.

If the shards were retrieved from the vehicle it would have been noted as such: from seat, floor mat, clothing, etc.

The B's apparently had glass shards on their kitchen counter .. interesting .. but I do not believe glass shards were found in MC's vehicle.

My main conclusions:

MC parked in the boat launch parking lot (for some privacy) to change clothes. I suspect this was not the first time. MC might have regularly changed clothes while sitting in her vehicle. I do not believe MC had any intent to return to the Academy that afternoon.

I suspect the perp unwittingly witnessed MC in her vehicle changing clothes one day, and eventually witnessed that on multiple days.

This time the perp surprised MC after she changed. He knocked on the window, she lowered the window or exited the vehicle and the two started talking.

At some point the encountered became suspicious and MC grabbed her phone and began dialing, intending to perhaps call JV, to elicit his help. That angered the perp. He reached to grab the phone from MC and she stopped dialing JV's number and instead dialed '1122' so the perp would not discover the number. The perp pressed re-dial numerous times to determine whom she was calling.

I believe the perp acted quickly and fiercly, and MC put up one heck of a defense and rushed to enter her vehicle. The perp followed her and landed a nasty blow ot two to her head, effectively squelching the fight in her.

The perp drove MC in her vehicle to the CB property and finished his deed. He then drove back to Wenatchee, ran the car through the car wash because some of the struggle occurred outside of and on the vehicle.

After the car wash he drove to PCR, dumped the vehicle there and walked back to the boat launch parking lot.

The above scenario is one of two theories .. one day I'll post the other.

I heard that MC had another myspace that no one knew about... I have no idea what it is or how to find it though, thats just what I heard... *RUMOR* Also, awhile back a poster mentioned that there was only one cell phone tower by the boat launch area, so she could have been at golds gym too. However, beings how her gas card is missing, there is a CFN station right by the boat launch, and it's very isolated and if i do say so myself kinda spooky to go there alone. so she may have gotten gas and had her gas card in her back pocket...

I was just saying that it was a possibility I was not saying that is what happened.

There were three injuries to her body, blunt impact trauma to her head, manual strangulation and stab wounds.

Do we know for a fact that the arm was almost severed?

The three different injuries do not seem like someone who is in rage beyond thinking. I say this because if someone had that much rage, they would not take the time to hit her on the head stop attacking, manually choke her, stop attacking, then stab her. I have seen pictures of rage killings, sixty stab wounds to the neck and chest.

From what we know, I do not think that she had fifty stab wounds, or her skull was destroyed by a blunt object.

Until an autopsy report is released, all we know is what was listed on the death certificate.

If this was a rage killing, I am sure that someone out there saw some blood on the murder. Also there would be tons of DNA evidence one the body, in the car. If there is a person out there that is hiding some knowledge they should be charged with the murder. The last thing we need in this world is another person who would watch someone murdered and not have enough ethical value to come forward.

Hi again James, The info we got about the almost severed arm, 90% of the injuries being above the neck and that the perp ' venting their rage on the body' came from the special guest in chat. She said she was a relative on Mackenzie's mother's side and didn't live in the area. There were things she said she could not talk about per LE. Evidently what she brought up was OK to discuss. She also said the body was found on it's side with arms drawn up over the head. I guess we have to take the info as we see it with a source like this.

I do wish the FBI had put out the profile for the perp. xox

James, Are you saying that Mac's murder was the result of a chance meeting with an unknown stalker; a crime of opportunity with no personal element? Your views sound credible to me. It's just hard to accept such an impersonal scenario. No girl gangs or rejected suitors, or any of the other plethora of suggested, rumored bad guys?

James, Are you saying that Mac's murder was the result of a chance meeting with an unknown stalker; a crime of opportunity with no personal element? Your views sound credible to me. It's just hard to accept such an impersonal scenario. No girl gangs or rejected suitors, or any of the other plethora of suggested, rumored bad guys?
\

Oh, I wish I were a FBI profiler so I would know the answers here. LOL I think we don't have enough facts to make the call.

For instance the possible perp James is talking about would probably have remorse if she were killed accidentally IMO. When found she was clothed. We don't know if that means re-dressed or her clothes never removed. But if we knew that say she was re-dressed it would show remorse on the part of the perp. Or laid down with care. I can't see where stretched out on a beach with her arms overhead is placing her in a caring position.

xox

Hi again James, The info we got about the almost severed arm, 90% of the injuries being above the neck and that the perp ' venting their rage on the body' came from the special guest in chat. She said she was a relative on Mackenzie's mother's side and didn't live in the area. There were things she said she could not talk about per LE. Evidently what she brought up was OK to discuss. She also said the body was found on it's side with arms drawn up over the head. I guess we have to take the info as we see it with a source like this.

I do wish the FBI had put out the profile for the perp. xox

I actually remember someone a month ago stating that LE thought there was an attempt to dismember the body and that they thought the suspect gave up at some point. Dexter makes it look easy. If it is true that the arm was severed while the suspect was taking out their rage on MC, why would they aim for her arm.

I think I said this a while back, I have seen pictures of a body that someone had stabbed in a fit of rage. There were over 50 stab wounds and they were all over her torso.

While I am not discounting rage in this murder, I find it hard to believe that someone would take their rage out on her shoulder to the point where it would almost be separated. Unless an object like an ax was used, hitting the joint while cutting is difficult. To stab an arm in the joint until it were almost separated it would take many strikes.

While I am sure that special secret guests may shed some light on this case, until I see a report stating that the body was mutilated, I am just going with what I know as fact.

\

Oh, I wish I were a FBI profiler so I would know the answers here. LOL I think we don't have enough facts to make the call.

For instance the possible perp James is talking about would probably have remorse if she were killed accidentally IMO. When found she was clothed. We don't know if that means re-dressed or her clothes never removed. But if we knew that say she was re-dressed it would show remorse on the part of the perp. Or laid down with care. I can't see where stretched out on a beach with her arms overhead is placing her in a caring position.

xox

Now that is what I am talking about! Are there any suspects that seem to be dealing with some type of remorse. Do we know of anyone that might miss her?

As I was reviewing some the Wenatchee World articles, I had a thought.
We know that the car was placed up Pitcher Canyon as a distraction for LE.
What else was done to distract LE. Could the 6 unexplained phone calls have been for an additional distraction?

If the person that did this knew MC’s brother was friends with someone at the Pitcher Canyon car drop site and that MC’s boyfriend was friends at the home MC’s phone called 6 times, this could have been done intentionally to throw LE off of the case. If this is true then the person who did this had personal knowledge of MC’s life.

Someone very close?

Who would be that close to know all of this inside information?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member