WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would someone dump a car so far away from where the body was dropped. Because glass is present in a "Kitchen" and in the car. I assume that whatever happened in the kitchen was done before the car was dumped.

If the kitchen was at the CB home, why dump the car up Pitcher Canyon. LE lost 3-4 days looking around the Canyon for MC. Also, only one set of foot prints left the car and disappeared on the pavement. The car must have been dropped after MC was injured at the very least.

There are hundreds of places between CB and Pitcher Canyon, where a car could have been dumped. Why Pitcher Canyon?

If MC died on the 9th and her body was placed on the beach that night. I think she would have been found sooner. Could she have died in the CB home and after a couple of days, no one found the body so the perp. went back and moved the body to the beach?

Just a thought.

Thanks I have a better understanding of what you meant by distraction.

IMO there is some relationship to PC for the people involved in the murder. As you said, “There are hundreds of places between CB and Pitcher Canyon, where a car could have been dumped. Why Pitcher Canyon?” My answer is that it was in their comfort zone.

Here's a picture from the practic....wenatcheeworld.com/photos/2010/feb/25/54969/

I think pictures speak louder than words and MCs best friend didn't seem upset at all at MCs memorial. Compare her demeanor against anyone else in the audience.

Snipped with respect.

All this is only my opinion.
I don't put much on the fingers pointing for several reasons.
1. The girls are doing a routine and the snapshot is only one instance in time which could be misinterpreted as taken out of context.
2. There has been some discussion about the girl who claims to be "best friends" with Mac and confirmed with reliable sources who know the Cowell family that this girl is exagerating her relationship.
3. People react differently emotionally to tragic events I don't put much on this either. Me personally, being a much older person, would tend to weep for a young life snuffed out and brutally. Young people are just not in touch with their mortality.

But I will admit, that is one strange doo she is wearing...creeps me out personally especially when you look at the academy class picture and their hair is pretty normal looking. I interpret this as a girl struggling to be noticed by others...needing attention.

But the picture gallery we are viewing...I can't help but wonder...is/are the perps sitting in that memorial? If we only knew.

Or should we ask the question, and only the locals can answer this...who should have been at this memorial and did not show up?

I have always wanted to know, how was it established that anyone(JV orSB) works at Target????

I believe it was stated several posts back..not sure which one. I am not 100%sure but I think some locals stated something to the effect of knowing JV and SB worked together. I don't live there, so I personally don't know, but I take things locals say like THIS as they would know. Hope that helps...:crazy:

LE confirmed that the text "hey" was sent by MC's phone (emphasis added since we cannot say with certainty that MC sent it) and in return the text "hey" was sent by JV. This has been confirmed by LE and repeated in the WW on more than one occasion.

I have always believed that this exchange of "hey" is very odd, if not suspicious. Remind me again what time this exchange took place? 3:40 PM? Hadn't MC just seen JV at Target? If so, what would be the purpose of this text exchange?

According to JV:

MC went to Target earlier in the morning, 11-ish to see JV, but he was with a customer so she left.
MC texted JV at 2:45 "hey."
JV texted MC when off work at 4:15, "hey, wassup." It wasn't received. He also called and it went straight to voicemail, indicating to him that her phone was turned off at this time, which was very unusual for her to do.

We have dicussed the discrepancies that exist between this timeline and the one that LE and WW has reported and there is no answer for them. JV told me that this is the timeline and that this is what he told the FBI from the beginning (showed them his phone, etc.) I have no idea why different times were reported.

According to JV:

MC went to Target earlier in the morning, 11-ish to see JV, but he was with a customer so she left.
MC texted JV at 2:45 "hey."
JV texted MC when off work at 4:15, "hey, wassup." It wasn't received. He also called and it went straight to voicemail, indicating to him that her phone was turned off at this time, which was very unusual for her to do.

We have dicussed the discrepancies that exist between this timeline and the one that LE and WW has reported and there is no answer for them. JV told me that this is the timeline and that this is what he told the FBI from the beginning (showed them his phone, etc.) I have no idea why different times were reported.

Miss Optimism I appreciate your information from JV, however, the facts as reported by the WW and LE are all that we (the public) can accept to be true. If there is a discrepancy that JV wants corrected then he should connect the WW so they can print a correction, or alternately, JV also has the opportunity to write a letter to the editor to correct the misinformation.

As a WB I can only accept as fact that information reported by LE and the WW, everything else is hearsay. Unfortunately, since MCs phone is missing there may be no way to substantiate JVs claim.

Miss Optimism I appreciate your information from JV, however, the facts as reported by the WW and LE are all that we (the public) can accept to be true. If there is a discrepancy that JV wants corrected then he should connect the WW so they can print a correction, or alternately, JV also has the opportunity to write a letter to the editor to correct the misinformation.

As a WB I can only accept as fact that information reported by LE and the WW, everything else is hearsay. Unfortunately, since MCs phone is missing there may be no way to substantiate JVs claim.
I would recommend putting the info reported on the ww as heresay.

Sun says "I would recommend putting the info reported on the ww as heresay. "

With all due respect Suns, if the WW (Wenatchee World) is heresay, there are little to no facts to discuss here. All of the timeline, cell phone info, location of the car, manner of death, etc. has been provided by LE to the WW for publication. If those aren't the facts what are?

Also, and again with all due respect, this is an anonymous website and no one here knows what interests you or others may have in the issue.

Despite your protest, I stand by my statement that only facts we have to work from are those disseminated by the media (including the WW) or found in public records by WSs. Everything else is heresay.

Maybe JV wants to publish his phone record for WS? That would be one way to substantiate his claims and add them to the facts.

With all due respect Suns, if the WW (Wenatchee World) is heresay, there are little to no facts to discuss here. All of the timeline, cell phone info, location of the car, manner of death, etc. has been provided by LE to the WW for publication. If those aren't the facts what are?

Also, and again with all due respect, this is an anonymous website and no one here knows what interests you or others may have in the issue.

Despite your protest, I stand by my statement that only facts we have to work from are those disseminated by the media (including the WW) or found in public records by WSs. Everything else is heresay.

Maybe JV wants to publish his phone record for WS? That would be one way to substantiate his claims and add them to the facts.
Ha Ha

So much that we have discussed here has not come from LE and WW. The car wash, spec house, lie detector tests, etc. have not come from either, they have come from sleuthers. I agree that there is little fact to go off of, but many of us agree that LE will purposefully lie to the public about facts so everything should be taken with a grain of salt. However, I have been around since the very beginning of this case and the fact that I can communicate regularly with one of the people closest to MC should say something to the credibility of my postings.

Maybe you weren't around when I explained everything with JV so I will sum it up again. I contacted him to tell him I was sorry for his loss. He was very apprehensive to talk to me about anything. I established a relationship of sorts with him and he opened up a little more. I was always honest with him and never posted anything he didn't want posted.

Many of the WS'ers here asked me to ask him certain questions, so I did. He had never heard of this website and so I told him about it as well as some of the rumors that were going around. The only things he has ever wanted me to clear up was that he didn't have gang affiliations and that him and MC didn't break up recently. He never asked me to post anything about his communication with her, and I think the last thing he is going to do is go have it published by WW! He is trying to get on with his life, not bring attention to himself. He knows that he has told the truth to LE and that is all that matters.

You are more than welcome to take everything I say as rumor, but I just want to make sure it is evident that I was the only wanting to share this information, not JV, and he deserves to be left alone.

Miss Optimism, it was not my intent to offend you or challenge "you" in any way. I was simply pointing out that: 1) there are opportunities for JV to correct misinformation; and 2) that it's not sensible (at least to me) to distrust information that LE is disseminating through the WW. I have to continue to value written information, i.e., WW, public record, phone records, etc., over verbal communications, regardless of who is involved.

As for the information provided by the WSs, I think everyone has done an outstanding job in locating public records, sleuthing FB, etc. I think everyone appreciates all the dedication and time WSs have put in to help identify MCs killer(s).

Again, I'm sorry to have offended you, and I appreciate you took the time to speak directly with JV, but that hasn't changed my mind about what is and isn't "fact".

I can't find the post right this min. but we were informed by mods not to bring this family up. If I remember right.

In case any of you currently reading the thread missed it - here's a good recap of a special guest's input that we had in chat one night last month:
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #16 - Page 19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Interesting read Liz, thank you for posting the link.

So as I understand it, 676 claims that Mackenzie was found in the same clothes she left the academy in, right?

But we know from the official docs that is not true, right?

Interesting.

This should also help to quiet the discussion about 'rumors.' Here is the rule again - unless supported by LE or main stream media, all information is considered rumor, theory, speculation or opinion. Individual posters may decide for themselves how much weight to give the info. And I think a re-read of 676's statements would show just why WS has such a rule.

Salem

ok, I can't find anything prior saying I can't talk about the G family. I can't understand why we couldn't so I am forging on.....I mean we have practically convicted a couple other people on here who I clearly think did NOT do it and they are still being bashed. If it's because of a last name, that makes me sick. So does anyone know if MG works out at Golds Gym?

Hello,

I'm not privy to any info about why certain topics can or cannot be discussed, but I can provide experience.

This is not the first time on the forum that members have been told to not discuss a particular topic.

One in particular that I am most familiar with has since been given more answers, and it turned out that the reason we could not discuss it at the time was because it was currently being investigated. Turned out, the topic DID have something important to do with the investigation and I guess it was best we didn't jeopardize anything.

In case any of you currently reading the thread missed it - here's a good recap of a special guest's input that we had in chat one night last month:
Found Deceased WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, missing 2/9/10, Orondo/Wenatchee #16 - Page 19 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
I have heard that some WSers who participate in chat, believe a Cowell family member has visited chat and said certain things.
I find it difficult to believe ANY family member of a brutally murdered young girl, would enter a public chat room and reveal sensitive, personal details about the crime. I think any such information is rumor until proven otherwise by Law Enforcement.

I have heard that some WSers who participate in chat, believe a Cowell family member has visited chat and said certain things.
I find it difficult to believe ANY family member of a brutally murdered young girl, would enter a public chat room and reveal sensitive, personal details about the crime. I think any such information is rumor until proven otherwise by Law Enforcement.

You never know who might show up on the world wide web, to make comments, and state facts, or opinions.

The person, chatting, didn't really share any personal details about the crime.

Yes, I think I understand that someone heard a different, maybe new, rumor this weekend.

I have removed several posts relating to an innocent family. If you want to sleuth this family - you need to show a CONNECTION besides one child dating another.

Does anyone know of any connection that would warrant this sleuthing?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member