Misty's First Interview Statement Analysis

Roze

Founding Member of AFKBPOFPOPL, Part-time Dentist
Reaction score
http:///2010/05/mistys-first-interview-analyzed.html

This is interesting thanks!

Very interesting - we have all known (recognized) her initial statement to be a lie, but it is very interesting to read the opinions of a more expert analyst as to exactly where the problems (red flags) are within that statement.

Thank you for the article. I learned so much about deception and lying!

It is important that we only view what Misty said
; and not what we think we heard. Nor should we interpret what Misty said. Statement Analysis says:

I kept reading the article waiting for him to address the very first thing Misty said.

I didn't make it to the bathroom.

If you read that and take it at face value Misty had an accident in her pants.

; and not what we think we heard. Nor should we interpret what Misty said. Statement Analysis says:

I kept reading the article waiting for him to address the very first thing Misty said.

Alas, we finally have an an explanation as to where her brains may have gone. They are/were in her Levi's.

Maybe that's why the laundry was allegedly going when LE arrived.:angel:

If this can be applied as a general tool, then one needs to examine why AS uses the word "we". Why does she not talk about events leading up to arriving at the trailer? Who called her? Why did that person want her to go to the MH? Who was there?

IMO, GGM's "it's a crock" interview is deserving of as much scrutiny as is Misty's first interview.

I'm sure he would analyze the any interviews or statements that you were interested in. He seems open to suggestions.

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting it. Whenever anyone talks about what didn't happen I call that sideroading and it's obvious they don't want to talk about the issue at hand. The whole crime scene and 911 call reeked of rehearsed deception to my mind. Unbelievable anyone could behave this way with an innocent child at stake.

I'm sure he would analyze the any interviews or statements that you were interested in. He seems open to suggestions.

Thanks, Roze. I'm equally impressed with our member list here who, among that body, have some pretty astute instincts to apply these techniques.

RE: BBM. I had to chuckle at your interpretation of Misty's remark because I had thought the same thing. There has always been so much talk about "pee blankets" that I couldn't help thinking that Misty's mysterious missing blanket might have reeked of urine :D

Seriously, Misty didn't "have" to use the bathroom so there was no reason why she had to "make it" to the bathroom. If she had really needed to "pee", she could have used the bathroom adjacent to the Master bedroom. The trip to the bathroom and/or the need or reason for the bathroom episode is a crock, plain and simple. imo

Some of the things he said, I have no argument with. However, some of things he chalked up to deception I originally chalked up to lack of education, and still do. Misty's English skills are poor, at best, and jumping from the present to past tense is a sign of that.

Some of the things he said, I have no argument with. However, some of things he chalked up to deception I originally chalked up to lack of education, and still do. Misty's English skills are poor, at best, and jumping from the present to past tense is a sign of that.

She also has a scrambled statement order. Things that happen later are mentioned in the wrong order in her narrative. If it were only one axis of this measurement, I might be able to put it down to her lack of speaking skills. However, we have two other examples of Misty calling 911, and at neither time was she jumbling up events, pronouns, verbs, adjectives, like she did in her 911 call on Feb 10th and many subsequent interviews.

That was the first part of her interview. It gets better.

1. The blanket was in the van they took.
2. If I was awake, I wouldn't have left them take her.
3. What would they want with a five year old little girl?
4. If they took me, I could have fought them.

According to Statement Analyses..It would appear like we are not looking at single person taking Haleigh.

This is very interesting. Thanks for posting it. Whenever anyone talks about what didn't happen I call that sideroading and it's obvious they don't want to talk about the issue at hand. The whole crime scene and 911 call reeked of rehearsed deception to my mind. Unbelievable anyone could behave this way with an innocent child at stake.

LOL, all my life this tactic was called "stone walling".
Dictionary defines stone walling as:

a. To engage in delaying tactics; stall.
b. To refuse to answer or cooperate.

To refuse to answer or cooperate with; resist or rebuff.

Maybe MC never made it to the bathroom.........to PUKE at the sight she just saw!

While I agree that Statement Analysis is interesting it's still not accepted as proof in a court of law. They are not 100% reliable.

In the region of Ireland my mother lives in, people very often use the present tense when relating a past event. It's a pattern of speech that is very much in use in that particular part of the country, regardless of level of education.
When Misty uses it, I almost feel like it really is part of her speech pattern. I don't believe she's being truthful but I wouldn't invest too much in Statement Analysis either.

I'm also wondering if everyone has seen her Voice Stress Test? It's on YouTube. At the 7min mark approx. she says "If I knew what happened to Haleigh, I wouldn't tell." A subconscious admission of guilt?

That was the first part of her interview. It gets better.

1. The blanket was in the van they took.
2. If I was awake, I wouldn't have left them take her.
3. What would they want with a five year old little girl?
4. If they took me, I could have fought them.

According to Statement Analyses..It would appear like we are not looking at single person taking Haleigh.

I'm not able to start a new thread, but if I were, I would suggest that WS members have a go at the above BBM. I agree with a poster upthread who said that membership is astute and has good instincts, and I believe quite capable of offering intelligent interpretations of Misty's statement. jmo

Thank you for the article. I learned so much about deception and lying!

Liar! :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I'm not about to defend Misty. I'm merely criticizing the conclusions of the interpretation of her statements and how they can't apply to everyone.

If these tactics were applied to me in my daily life I'd be accused of lying all the time. My short term memory sucks so I may go to the end and then back to the middle and not be lying.

4. Use of justification (why she saw the light and door) rather than reporting

That I don't get? If I were being interviewed I'd tell the cops why I got up. Why I went to the kitchen, how I found the door open.

Very early on in this people said she wouldn't have been able to see the kitchen light from where she was. She didn't have to see the light just the glow of the light which I'm sure was possible.

In the house I grew up in my bedroom was on the second floor and the kitchen was downstairs and away from the staircase. I could tell just by looking out my door in the middle of the night if the kitchen light was on, even if the doors were closed. The faint difference in light at that hour was detectable. In a mobile home I'd bet it's a lot easier.

JMO

Elementary, my dear Watson... most of us common folks found holes in this statement before these experts analyzed it... and a bunch of other statements too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back