Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
I thought people might want a separate thread to discuss this :(

Search Stalled On Gabriel's 1st Birthday
Leads Drying Up In Search For Boy Missing 4 Months
POSTED: 7:13 am MST May 4, 2010
UPDATED: 7:51 am MST May 4, 2010

Those involved in the search said their next steps are unclear.

snip

"To have no information getting you one step closer is really hard. I think it's getting more difficult for him and I think he needs to make some tough decisions about how long he's going to keep it going," Maloney said.

McQueary this week was on his way back from Illinois, where he was spending time with family. He firmly believes the boy's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, gave Gabriel away in a planned underground adoption and that the boy is still alive.

But every lead has been a dead end, and with dwindling tips and depleted resources, Gabriel's family and San Antonio police are left grasping for clues.

"In this case, we've exhausted hours upon hours, man hours. We had the landfill search that lasted weeks and weeks. So it is frustrating," San Antonio police Sgt. Chris Benavides.

snip

She may not be there much longer. Without a body, a murder charge is unlikely, and it may be difficult for prosecutors to find her guilty of kidnapping. Even with a guilty verdict on custodial interference, Johnson could be out in less than a year.

"Gabriel is alive or he's not. There was a meeting in the park or there was not. And that's it," Maloney said. "We continue on, and we're going to continue on until we have a resolution one way or another."

Video: http://www.kpho.com/video/23440965/index.html

Article: http://www.kpho.com/news/23446240/detail.html

I thought people might want a separate thread to discuss this :(

Search Stalled On Gabriel's 1st Birthday
Leads Drying Up In Search For Boy Missing 4 Months
POSTED: 7:13 am MST May 4, 2010
UPDATED: 7:51 am MST May 4, 2010

Those involved in the search said their next steps are unclear.

snip

"To have no information getting you one step closer is really hard. I think it's getting more difficult for him and I think he needs to make some tough decisions about how long he's going to keep it going," Maloney said.

McQueary this week was on his way back from Illinois, where he was spending time with family. He firmly believes the boy's mother, Elizabeth Johnson, gave Gabriel away in a planned underground adoption and that the boy is still alive.

But every lead has been a dead end, and with dwindling tips and depleted resources, Gabriel's family and San Antonio police are left grasping for clues.

"In this case, we've exhausted hours upon hours, man hours. We had the landfill search that lasted weeks and weeks. So it is frustrating," San Antonio police Sgt. Chris Benavides.

snip

She may not be there much longer. Without a body, a murder charge is unlikely, and it may be difficult for prosecutors to find her guilty of kidnapping. Even with a guilty verdict on custodial interference, Johnson could be out in less than a year.

"Gabriel is alive or he's not. There was a meeting in the park or there was not. And that's it," Maloney said. "We continue on, and we're going to continue on until we have a resolution one way or another."

Video (available on video page here - no direct link yet. sorry.): http://www.kpho.com/video/index.html

Article: http://www.kpho.com/news/23446240/detail.html

BBM. That bugs me. I don't feel they've done enough and they only did a limited search of the landfill because it was on someone else's dime. Where are the organized searches of wooded areas? Where are the pleads with the public for information? If it were not for the PI's and LM going to SA, this would have been entirely swept under their rug. :banghead:

ETA: IMHO, MOO. It may not be a popular thought I have, but it's mine.

Elizabeth could be out of jail in less than a year.

We just don't value our children enough in our society. We must do better than this.

I just don't know what to think about this......my mind's across the radar...

BBM. That bugs me. I don't feel they've done enough and they only did a limited search of the landfill because it was on someone else's dime. Where are the organized searches of wooded areas? Where are the pleads with the public for information? If it were not for the PI's and LM going to SA, this would have been entirely swept under their rug. :banghead:

ETA: IMHO, MOO. It may not be a popular thought I have, but it's mine.

I'm just sitting here re reading and re listening....Mr. Maloney comes across to me, JMO, as a little ticked off possibly at the PI ?? Why would he have not given a more upbeat interview.

This is so sad, I though for sure Gabe would have been found long ago:(

We just don't value our children enough in our society. We must do better than this.

This article upset me greatly earlier. I am not sure what to make of it coming out right now at this time.

But I don't understand how Elizabeth could be out in less than a year. What changed from the 20 years that's been discussed? How could the case against her not be strong?

A year is nothing, and Gabriel's still missing. :banghead:

This one hurts to read. Sounds so hopeless. Yet another dead end and to make matters worse when I finally felt like EJ was helping this report states the one woman who investigators believe holds all answers is not helpful, they said.
Maybe they mean she doesn't have any information that's helpful-doesn't know how to prove TS's involvement, has no idea who the couple is.:waitasec:

Well, this is depressing. :(

I wonder if they've talked to EJ further to try to get her to id the guy she was talking to or whatever, when she was in San Antonio?

She needs to be HONEST and tell them everything!

Can they offer her a deal? Like no charges for the assault on the inmates, all other charges being dropped if she tells EVERYTHING SHE KNOWS AND....it actually results in the recovery of Gabriel?

Another thing, is there some way they can get pictures of all these, acquaintances and family and friends of the S's, and that PERHAPS ONE of them was involved.

Where is the sketch of the alleged couple?

EJ HAS to know more or have MORE to reveal that can help in locating Gabriel.

What about getting on NG? Having the PI and Logan appear. They could make an appeal to the 'unknown' perps.

Just some ideas.

fran

PS....I'm realllllyyy sad to think that {evil} is going to win in this instance. :(

PPS............could they get MORE search warrants on the S's computers and cell phones..............going back a year to PRESENT.....??? Then SW every SOCIAL SITE TS has posted to in the past year,.....or who knows? even further back..............There HAS to be a way to connect the dots!

This article upset me greatly earlier. I am not sure what to make of it coming out right now at this time.

But I don't understand how Elizabeth could be out in less than a year. What changed from the 20 years that's been discussed? How could the case against her not be strong?

A year is nothing, and Gabriel's still missing. :banghead:

1) A year IS nothing - look at the 20 years the guy found guilty of hacking into the former Republican VP candidate's emails is facing!

2) I have to wonder if this article coming out now on the heels of the 2 part story on Gabriel wasn't planned to try to tug at the heartstrings of whoever has Gabriel and make them feel guilty enough to return Gabriel - IF they still have him - or at least tell what they know?

3) I STILL think the couple are from TS's church in AZ that were sent to SA to pick up Gabe. Is it possible that after TS's house was searched prior to her arrest that Gabe was brought there, figuring "the coast was clear", and that he's been there all this time?

4) Ok, it may have just been a prank or hoax, but going back to that bizarre posting on NG's blog page about going back to "square one" and LM "coming clean" with the key players, MAYBE, just MAYBE it WAS posted by someone who knows something but doesn't want to come forward. MAYBE the Hosanna Hallelujah was someone's way of saying that LM should make a plea for help to TS's church??? I mean, isn't "square one" really TS? MAYBE LM should think about making a heartfelt plea for their help at the church, since TS has CLAIMED all along that she is trying to help find Gabriel.

I'm just grasping at straws here, but this is what is in my head today. (Scary, isn't it? LOL) :crosseyed:

That's my feeling, artsy, they need to go back to the BEGINNING and go over EVERY LITTLE THING with a fine tooth comb. EVERYTHING AND EVERYBODY, reinterview, etc.

JMHO
fran

I wonder if they've talked to EJ further to try to get her to id the guy she was talking to or whatever, when she was in San Antonio?

I'm going to bet yes.

She needs to be HONEST and tell them everything!

I think she has. I think it's Tammi's turn.

Can they offer her a deal? Like no charges for the assault on the inmates, all other charges being dropped if she tells EVERYTHING SHE KNOWS AND....it actually results in the recovery of Gabriel?

I'm going to bet, based on events over the last several weeks, that they've negotiated something on that order.

Another thing, is there some way they can get pictures of all these, acquaintances and family and friends of the S's, and that PERHAPS ONE of them was involved.

Not going there.

Where is the sketch of the alleged couple?

If it was in the best interests of Gabe/the case, LE would have released one. MOO.

EJ HAS to know more or have MORE to reveal that can help in locating Gabriel.

I disagree, that is, I don't think she does know or have more. If she did, I think she'd have coughed it up by now. I think she realizes she's up a creek.

What about getting on NG? Having the PI and Logan appear. They could make an appeal to the 'unknown' perps.

I think Logan does everything LE advises him to do, and doesn't do what LE advises him could harm rescuing Gabe safely. He loves his baby very much.

So, you don't think Texas will charge her with murder? If not, I think you are right.

I think they still need to charge her with homicide even without a body.

I think ONLY then will she really begin talking.

As long as she does not have to talk, she's not going to.

So, you don't think Texas will charge her with murder? If not, I think you are right.

I think there is still a strong chance they will, but I think less of a chance than previously. Hopefully it will continue to dwindle. For Gabe's sake, I don't want her charged.

I think they still need to charge her with homicide even without a body.

I think ONLY then will she really begin talking.

As long as she does not have to talk, she's not going to.

Personally, I don't want to live under a justice system that brings charges as serious as homicide simply to play head games with people.

Obviously you don't believe, as was reported by SS, that Elizabeth has talked. What would it take to convince you that she has?

I think there is still a strong chance they will, but I think less of a chance than previously. Hopefully it will continue to dwindle. For Gabe's sake, I don't want her charged.

Do you not agree that charging her with murder because of her words to LM would motivate her to point LE in the right direction?

Do you not agree that charging her with murder because of her words to LM would motivate her to point LE in the right direction?

Whether or not I agree doesn't matter at all. We don't charge people with crimes just to play games. That would denigrate the integrity of our entire justice system, and render it a mere joke.

Whether or not I agree doesn't matter at all. We don't charge people with crimes just to play games. That would denigrate the integrity of our entire justice system, and render it a mere joke.

Absolutely. I just thought that because she said she killed Gabriel and he hasn't been found that it might be within the law to charge her. I don't believe Gabriel is dead, and hope she isn't charged also.

Personally, I don't want to live under a justice system that brings charges as serious as homicide simply to play head games with people.

Obviously you don't believe, as was reported by SS, that Elizabeth has talked. What would it take to convince you that she has?

Well then what do you suggest they do? They are not getting anywhere.

The only other thing I can think of is to charge her with Homicide.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back