Was Tommy really afraid to tell the truth?

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
This thread is for those who wish to discuss whether it makes sense that Tommy says he was too afraid to tell the truth about what happened to Haleigh.

Why was he afraid?

Does it makes sense that he says he was afraid?

Could Joe really be a threat to Tommy's family?

I'm not buying the latest version, but I can see the "weapon of intimidation" being the ole "if I go down, you're going down with me" weapon.

I don't buy that folks were there to "borrow" a gun. I'd be more willing to buy the story that they were there to steal a gun to sell for drugs, and when the gun was not to be found, someone went berserk.

To come forward and tell the truth would mean telling the whole truth, planned theft, drugs and all. So it's just easier to help hide evidence, make up a story, go along with the "search" and get five seconds of fame.

To and MC are now busted and therefore beyond that "weapon of intimidation" of blackmail. So why come forward and admit involvement NOW? RC is about to roll over, and wifey is about to fly the coop. Earn points with the wife by "coming clean." Take a bit of the sting of RC's testimony away by an "admission" before the fact.

If Joe is really this scary I hope Lindsy is being safe and not giving our her whereabouts. She doesn't have it listed on myspace and that is good.

I'm thinking that if tommy had to hear and see haleigh be killed then yes he would be afraid. Also didn't joe stay with timmy and wife while visiting? Could this be why they moved? I'm just not sure how misty and tommy played so cool after haleigh "died"......

This makes no sense to me. Why now? Why was he not scared of Joe today, but he was for the past 14 months?
I think maybe Tommy was scared, but, not of JO. I think there was someone arrested recently,that is presently in jail. Who is it? I have no clue! It can't be Ron because ToC knows Ron has been in jail for awhile now.

That just made me think of something! Remember when some of the Croslins went to TN? Was that just Hank Sr. and Lisa, or did Tommy and Lindsy go there too? I can't remember.

That just made me think of something! Remember when some of the Croslins went to TN? Was that just Hank Sr. and Lisa, or did Tommy and Lindsy go there too? I can't remember.

I think Tommy and Lindsy were supposed to come later.

I'm thinking that if tommy had to hear and see haleigh be killed then yes he would be afraid. Also didn't joe stay with timmy and wife while visiting? Could this be why they moved? I'm just not sure how misty and tommy played so cool after haleigh "died"......

If I ever witnessed a murder or the aftermath, I'd be scared $---less! I don't think it would take much for the perpetuator to intimidate me. No weapon needed, just a look in my direction.

If the perpetuator laid a guilt trip on the witnesses and they were young and foolish and weak enough, then they might be able to be convinced that their only option would be to help with a coverup. Once this was done, then psychologically, they were all in this together.

Tommy nor Misty were scared of Joe. The whole story is nonsense. They did not live in a gang infested neighborhood where some gang member would get them if they squealed. Misty even went to his home town to spend time with grandma Hollar.

If they had told right when it happened there would have been evidence. The way tommy finally tells it to is rich, he can't get my family now that I am in jail. Misty and Tommy's stories are so far apart and don't forget Misty had a knife up to her throat and Joe raped her. She is telling that story and tommy is calling BS on it.

Tommy must have been so scared of Joe he just let him rape his sister. Give me a break.

If you try to look at it well tommy grew up to not be a snitch, well those kind of people believe in taking the law into their own hands to and would have wasted the threat at the first chance.

No Tommy was not scared, Misty was not scared. Tommy did not stand there out of fear and watch Joe rape Misty and he did not stand there and watch Joe kill Haleigh. The story is ridiculous.

I think Tommy and Lindsy were supposed to come later.
Tommy and Lindsy were all set to go but Tommy was arrested on the stolen gun charge. And then Lisa got yanked back when she was extradited from TN on the check forgery charges.

The only thing I think Tommy was afraid of was getting locked up for what happened to Haleigh.

Here's something that really bothers me about this story. Tommy claims he was afraid something would happen to his kids. If he was afraid of JO doing something to his kids if he told what JO did, what a man Tommy is to finally spill the beans while he is 'safe' in jail, and his wife and children are out there on their own. So, if this story as told by Tommy is true, which I can't even pretend to believe, to me this says Tommy cares more about getting a reduced sentence than he does about his wife's and his children's safety.

Lindsy needs to have some second thoughts about the second thoughts regarding the divorce, MOO.

This makes no sense to me. Why now? Why was he not scared of Joe today, but he was for the past 14 months?
I think maybe Tommy was scared, but, not of JO. I think there was someone arrested recently,that is presently in jail. Who is it? I have no clue! It can't be Ron because ToC knows Ron has been in jail for awhile now.

Tommy may have been more scared of his own participation in the aftermath of that night than he actually was of Joe, and this is probably the reason for his descent into serious drug addiction. Once in jail, he was off the drugs and started to get healthier, he had lots of time to think, he had time for guilty feelings to build up, and he was separated from his wife and children which made him vulnerable. I think he began to see that his options were to keep quiet and end up with a long stay in jail or to tell what he knew in exchange for a plea. Plus, I really don't think he is a bad person. He got caught up in a bad situation which spiraled way out of control, but he appears to have a conscience.

well jo ms picture is scary to me and if u go to it he has 4 friends one of them too is previewed with a gun ....god i hate guns

The only thing I think Tommy was afraid of was getting locked up for what happened to Haleigh.

Here's something that really bothers me about this story. Tommy claims he was afraid something would happen to his kids. If he was afraid of JO doing something to his kids if he told what JO did, what a man Tommy is to finally spill the beans while he is 'safe' in jail, and his wife and children are out there on their own. So, if this story as told by Tommy is true, which I can't even pretend to believe, to me this says Tommy cares more about getting a reduced sentence than he does about his wife's and his children's safety.

Lindsy needs to have some second thoughts about the second thoughts regarding the divorce, MOO.

The way I understood this is that the whereabouts of Lindsy and the kids are not well known, so they are not as vulnerable as they were living in the house on Tyler St. Also, I believe they are with or near her family.

The way I understood this is that the whereabouts of Lindsy and the kids are not well known, so they are not as vulnerable as they were living in the house on Tyler St. Also, I believe they are with or near her family.

Maybe tommy waited to tell because he had to wait until his family moved to a safer place?

I've heard this floated around, but where is it coming from? I don't know where Lindsy and the kids live, and don't care to know, because it isn't relevant to me, but is it really a secret?

This was brought up by Werter on JVM today. Found the pic. so figured I'd share. This is from Joe's myspace.

joewithgun.jpg

I have no doubts guns are very important to these players. Cummings, Croslins and Overstreets alike. Heck even Charles Jones had pics of him and his friends posing with guns.

Maybe tommy waited to tell because he had to wait until his family moved to a safer place?

IMO Tommy waited to tell because he thought he was going to get away with it. I don't know when the family moved, (some posters were able to get a good idea of the date of the jail visits going by what was said about court dates, but I don't remember what they said) but it seems to me like the trigger to get Tommy talking was failing the LDT and the aftermath. He did LDT on April 8th, April 11th he is talking to Granny Flo, and there is already talk of Lindsy filing for divorce. He's also calling Granny Flo to get her to call Lindsy, so maybe she wasn't getting minutes on her phone to avoid talking to him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back