FL - Jaclyn Helsel, 21, charged in death of newborn, Titusville, 21 Feb 2006

aussiegran

Reaction score
An anonymous tip to police in Titusville, Fla., led to the discovery of a dead baby found wrapped in plastic, hidden inside an apartment's bathroom closet, according to a police report.
Police received information that there was possibly a dead baby in the garbage outside of an apartment located at 3156 Finsterwald Drive.

When officers investigated, they did not find a baby in the garbage.

However, during questioning of residents, investigators learned that Jaclyn Nicole Helsel, 21, gave birth inside of her apartment Tuesday. The child was apparently alive at birth but died within 10 minutes, according to the report.

Officers said Helsel then apparently wrapped the child in a towel and placed the body under a bathroom sink.

The report said Helsel and her boyfriend, Christopher Wood, then wrapped the baby in plastic and placed the child in a trash can outside of their apartment complex.

Thursday, Helsel and Wood then removed the child from the trash and carried the baby back to their apartment, the police report said.

The baby was found by officers in the closet later Thursday.

It was also discovered during questioning that Helsel had wanted an abortion but Wood did not because the child was a boy, the report said.

Helsel was charged with aggravated manslaughter and was booked into the Brevard County Jail. Wood has not been charged in the case.
http://www.local6.com/news/7386516/detail.html
:furious: :furious: Poor baby .

This is so sad....
I would like to know how someone, can do this...
Nevermind.... i don't want to know....

God Bless this baby...

Always

Yeah this is really sad...another unwanted baby...geez you carry the little angel for 9 months, why not just give it to a family that wants it:confused:

TITUSVILLE, FL -- A judge has released a Titusville woman from jail under some novel conditions: she is not allowed to have sexual intercourse.

The 20-year old mother of two is suspected of manslaughter in the death of her baby.

Prosecutors say 20-year old Jaclyn Helsel gave birth to two babies just seven months apart, but threw the second one out with the trash.

snip

A judge wants to make sure she does not get pregnant again. She had to agree not to have sexual intercourse.

And she had to agree not even to associate with any male over the age of 15, unless she's supervised.

Helsel's two other children are in the care of the State Department of Children and Families.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/florida/news-article.aspx?storyid=54951

Great idea, but how exactly does the judge expect to enforce this order?

The judge did this with a straight face??? I would have made her get her tubes snipped and burned. Oh, but that's not legal to force someone to do that. :snooty:

TITUSVILLE, FL -- A judge has released a Titusville woman from jail under some novel conditions: she is not allowed to have sexual intercourse.

The 20-year old mother of two is suspected of manslaughter in the death of her baby.

Prosecutors say 20-year old Jaclyn Helsel gave birth to two babies just seven months apart, but threw the second one out with the trash.

snip

A judge wants to make sure she does not get pregnant again. She had to agree not to have sexual intercourse.

And she had to agree not even to associate with any male over the age of 15, unless she's supervised.

Helsel's two other children are in the care of the State Department of Children and Families.

She agreed to it? Well, goodie, I guess everything is fine.
Jeez.

This is exactly why there should be mandatory birth control until the people can prove to be good parents!!!! It's terrible that it's easier to have a baby than it is to adopt a dog or get a drivers license!

howd she have two babies within 7 months?

and really how will the judge enforce his ruling?
I am guessing the (dead) baby was premature, and she started having sex very soon after the birth of the previous child.

I wonder if this means that if she turns up pregnant again that will prove she didn't follow the judge's orders and they can jail her (and maybe take the child?).

why not just sterilize her?

ot i'm usually pretty liberal about crime/punishment but crimes committed against the smallest, most innocent, and most defenseless of human beings should be a zero tolerance policy and met with the harshest of punishments. sterilization, chemical castration, LWOP and yes - I do believe some of these people deserve death penalty. I don't care if the child only lived 10 minutes before being killed - sounds good enough for a death sentence to me. JMO.

I don't believe that a judge can legally order a person to be sterilized. ACLU would have a field day with that. I am sure he would have if he could have.

What I don't understand is why instinct is being bred OUT of the human race. I knew nothing about children when I had my first one. I was miserable the entire pregnancy. But when I first laid eyes on him, there was an IMMEDIATE and complete bonding; a love so very deep that I cried then and a love that deep that I feel 36 years later. I have three other children and four grands that I love in the same way. I know that, very rarely, a dog or cow will have a baby that it refuses to care for. But that is RARE in the animal family. What the *##@&@ is happening to the human "family"?!

snip

This weird restriction by the judge is apparently as part of bond. This case has not had final disposition. She has a court date on 5/28/2010. That, at least, makes me feel some better. I was starting to think the world was flat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back