Steve Brown's opinions about Misty

Whisperer

Reaction score
After listening to Steve Brown, it sounds like he is saying misty did not harm Haleigh but knows what happened and was present. I don't think she would protect JO, but she may protect Tommy. Could it be that these two are really the ones who disposed of Haleigh? It seems that is what SB is saying. He did not completely rule out rc as he said he wasn't involved 'to the best of his kge'....not exactly a testimonial of complete assurance that rc was not inolved.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23145771/index.html

After listening to Steve Brown, it sounds like he is saying misty did not harm Haleigh but knows what happened and was present. I don't think she would protect JO, but she may protect Tommy. Could it be that these two are really the ones who disposed of Haleigh? It seems that is what SB is saying. He did not completely rule out rc as he said he wasn't involved 'to the best of his kge'....not exactly a testimonial of complete assurance that rc was not inolved.

I haven't ruled him out either Whisperer. I haven't gotten to him yet. I'm still wading through the extraneous felonies, petty crimes, family spats...the list is longer than my arm to figure out what is indeed extraneous and what is important.

Don't get me wrong I'm not discounting what Steve Brown has to say about MC. But it's just that given so much time has passed that I want to drop all of my conclusions thus far and have a hard cold relook of the facts.

I wonder if that if that is Steve Brown's personal theory? If it is, I respect that. But have to say that I respect the theories and opinions of the WSer's that have been on top of this case consistently from the first day. KWIM?

I'm sure we will both be moved to the OT thread LOL. Just wanted to thank you for your post and to say that you are one of the many that I look forward reading on here! :)

After listening to Steve Brown, it sounds like he is saying misty did not harm Haleigh but knows what happened and was present. I don't think she would protect JO, but she may protect Tommy. Could it be that these two are really the ones who disposed of Haleigh? It seems that is what SB is saying. He did not completely rule out rc as he said he wasn't involved 'to the best of his kge'....not exactly a testimonial of complete assurance that rc was not unloved.

I think the two perps who will be arrested eventually will be Joe and Tommy.

Yes, her number one priority would have been protecting Tommy and to protect him she had to protect Joe and herself pretending to have no knowledge about what happened.

Didn't she say in one of her jail house calls that it was going to hurt one she really cared about and the other one not so much? I think she was talking about it would hurt Tommy and she loved Tommy but didn't care that much about Joe.

Now Misty may be in big trouble for knowing all this and not coming forward but I have never felt she would harm Haleigh. She knew what Haleigh meant to Ron and I have never thought Ron was involved at all.

IMO

This video appears to be during or right after the search.

Yes, I think it was. IIRC, he said he turned over what he had uncovered in his nvestigation to LE or DA on that Sunday.

IMO

i think the two perps who will be arrested eventually will be joe and tommy.

Yes, her number one priority would have been protecting tommy and to protect him she had to protect joe and herself pretending to have no knowledge about what happened.

Didn't she say in one of her jail house calls that it was going to hurt one she really cared about and the other one not so much? I think she was talking about it would hurt tommy and she loved tommy but didn't care that much about joe.

Now misty may be in big trouble for knowing all this and not coming forward but i have never felt she would harm haleigh. She knew what haleigh meant to ron and i have never thought ron was involved at all.

Imo

i agree 100% with your above post....of course its also moo.

I can't speak for whisperer, but this is the one video I did find of Steve B speaking.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/23145771/index.html

at or about the 3:30 mark SB speaks about MC.

This video to me sound like it was during the search of the river.
I found several statements pretty interesting.
When SB was asked if the Joe was a suspect or if the suspect was from out of town or questioned with the past 24 hrs, SB hesitated for a second and then just answered "yes to both". Which leads me to assume that he may of been talking about Joe O., Timmy Crolsin and several other POI. Something that LE had not said at that time because the search was still going on I believe.
SB also says his information came from an eye witness, so the person telling the story is pointing the finger at several people and taking no blame in the crime.
SB also makes it sound like Misty did not commit the crime but was present while it occurred and didn't stop it.
SB also says that to his knowledge Ronald had nothing to do with it. But he would not know what LE thought of Ronald and all the POI IMO. He may of helped with the case, but I highly doubt that LE has shared anything with him regarding the case they are building and who the POI are. JMO though.. The article below was written the day he did his interview if I am not mistaken on April 15.

Ex-FBI Agent: I've Solved Haleigh Case
Apr 15, 2010

Ex-FBI Agent: I've Solved Haleigh Case. A former FBI agent told Channel 4 news Wednesday he knows what happened to Haleigh Cummings and why dozens of sheriff's deputies, divers and other officials are spending a second day searching the river. http://www.news4jax.com/news/23147800/detail.html

More articles:

"snip" http://www.news4jax.com/search/form...218467875002671&channel=23660653525&x=10&y=13

Former FBI Agent Claims To Have Solved Haleigh Case
Apr 14, 2010
Former FBI Agent Claims To Have Solved Haleigh Case. Steve Brown, former FBI agent, says investigation into Haleigh Cummings' disappearance is now a homicide case.

STEVE BROWN'S OPINIONS ABOUT MISTY

There is an old Steve Brown thread for general discussion Thanks.

We need a link here. I'm not even sure where this information came from.

Sorry Kimster,

It has been edited and the link provided. It was the one that Steve Brown did during the search on April 15. Patty G. got it right....thank goodness, because I certainly wasn't clear in Post #1 of this thread

So .... if I am to believe this -

Ex-FBI Agent: I've Solved Haleigh Case - Apr 15, 2010
A former FBI agent told Channel 4 news Wednesday he knows what happened to Haleigh Cummings and why dozens of sheriff's deputies, divers and other officials are spending a second day searching the river. http://www.news4jax.com/news/23147800/detail.html
More articles:
"snip" http://www.news4jax.com/search/form....3525&x=10&y=13
Former FBI Agent Claims To Have Solved Haleigh Case - Apr 14, 2010

Then WHY did this just come out ....

Haleigh Cummings Reward Tops $30,000 - Created: 7/28/2010
SATSUMA, Fla. -- With so much attention, and law enforcement, focused on Ronald Cummings and the Croslin family in recent months, the search is still continuing for Haleigh Cummings. The PCSO and the FDLE are still searching for Haliegh Cummings, Sheriff Hardy has told her family to prepare for the possibility that she is dead. The search for answers continues, and there is a very large reward being offered for information leading to Haleigh. Crime Stoppers $1,000 reward, the Justice Coalition added $8,490, and residents have contributed $21,377. There is more than $30,000 for the person with the key piece of information leading to Haleigh Cummings. Having sifted through thousands of tips, investigators know a lot, but it could be as simple as one more clue that lets them put the full story together. If you know anything that could help, call Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS (8477). You will remain anonymous.
"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...storyid=161123

I have a hard time believing that Misty wouldn't sell Tommy down the river if it could save her own hiney. She's already accused him of messing with her and being a crackhead and said she hasn't ruled him out so apparently it's not deep and lasting love or family loyalty that is keeping her from telling everything. Fear? For what, if her testimony could keep him in jail for murder?

Misty is covering up for and lying to protect--Misty. That's the only thing that makes a lick of sense. She has been willing to verbally through everyone and anyone under the bus. She is not telling what happened to Misty because she is either directly involved but as part of a group or the only one involved. She can't sell Tommy or anyone else down the river without incriminating herself. And she must be either the principle player or very close to it or she would make a deal.

That is, if she had just witnessed JO take Haleigh, why not say so and cut the deal for herself? Answer: Because when she tells that story, she can't keep it straight and it probably conflicts with physical evidence.

So .... if I am to believe this -

Ex-FBI Agent: I've Solved Haleigh Case - Apr 15, 2010
A former FBI agent told Channel 4 news Wednesday he knows what happened to Haleigh Cummings and why dozens of sheriff's deputies, divers and other officials are spending a second day searching the river. http://www.news4jax.com/news/23147800/detail.html
More articles:
"snip" http://www.news4jax.com/search/form....3525&x=10&y=13
Former FBI Agent Claims To Have Solved Haleigh Case - Apr 14, 2010

Then WHY did this just come out ....

Haleigh Cummings Reward Tops $30,000 - Created: 7/28/2010
SATSUMA, Fla. -- With so much attention, and law enforcement, focused on Ronald Cummings and the Croslin family in recent months, the search is still continuing for Haleigh Cummings. The PCSO and the FDLE are still searching for Haliegh Cummings, Sheriff Hardy has told her family to prepare for the possibility that she is dead. The search for answers continues, and there is a very large reward being offered for information leading to Haleigh. Crime Stoppers $1,000 reward, the Justice Coalition added $8,490, and residents have contributed $21,377. There is more than $30,000 for the person with the key piece of information leading to Haleigh Cummings. Having sifted through thousands of tips, investigators know a lot, but it could be as simple as one more clue that lets them put the full story together. If you know anything that could help, call Crime Stoppers at 888-277-TIPS (8477). You will remain anonymous.
"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...storyid=161123

I'm not sure, but it could be that they still want tips because while SB believes the case to be solved, LE still needs hard evidence that proves who and how they did it. Especially since you've got a number of people who could point their finger to save their own skin. Even if its an eye witness account from someone who has not been mentioned in connection with the case, that person would more than likely be in the family's circle of friends, and it seems like everyone connected with this family would make a bad witness that the defense could discredit.

As far as still offering reward money even if Haleigh is found dead, not having a body gives the defense another way to poke holes in the prosecution's case. I'm pretty sure, but I think its common for reward money to be awarded even if the victim is found dead. One example that comes to mind is Sandra Cantu.

IMO if Steve Brown does not have any "hard evidence" than he has not solved the case anymore than all the WS posters who have posted on the theories thread here. Another opinion of mine is that Misty is not the key, she has been in jail for 8 months now, imo, if she knew anything useful at all she would have cut a deal in less than 8 days, she has proven to be weak time and time again, in the past she has thrown any story she can think of out to LE in hopes something would stick, she has failed each and every time because she does not know what happened, again my opinion, if she was there when Haleigh vanished into thin air she does not know how it happened, I don't believe she has the ability to think of the big picture when she makes decisions

IMO if Steve Brown does not have any "hard evidence" than he has not solved the case anymore than all the WS posters who have posted on the theories thread here. Another opinion of mine is that Misty is not the key, she has been in jail for 8 months now, imo, if she knew anything useful at all she would have cut a deal in less than 8 days, she has proven to be weak time and time again, in the past she has thrown any story she can think of out to LE in hopes something would stick, she has failed each and every time because she does not know what happened, again my opinion, if she was there when Haleigh vanished into thin air she does not know how it happened, I don't believe she has the ability to think of the big picture when she makes decisions

LE could possibly have one or statements that match and do not seem rehearsed and are backed up by a lie detector. And that would be a good thing because LE would know exactly what to look for and/or who and how to lean on the perp. Unfortunately, that is something that wouldn't be reported in the media.

That scenario may just be me wanting very badly for LE to have more than guesses about what happened to Haleigh.

Misty is covering up for and lying to protect--Misty. That's the only thing that makes a lick of sense. She has been willing to verbally through everyone and anyone under the bus. She is not telling what happened to Misty because she is either directly involved but as part of a group or the only one involved. She can't sell Tommy or anyone else down the river without incriminating herself. And she must be either the principle player or very close to it or she would make a deal.

That is, if she had just witnessed JO take Haleigh, why not say so and cut the deal for herself? Answer: Because when she tells that story, she can't keep it straight and it probably conflicts with physical evidence.

Bold by me: In my opinion, when Misty tells "that story", THE STORY, She removes her culpability and omits her actions or INACTION thus creating the gaps and holes that prevent the truth from being uncovered. Principle player indeed!

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

BBM. Completely agree .... Misty's silence on this (other than distraction) through all of the pressure and various tests speaks volumes. Self-implication and self-preservation negates any plea deal. Damned if she does.......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back