Port St. Lucie girl who committed suicide indicated she was bullied at Fort Pierce sc

Nichols said the girl’s parents found her about 11:30 p.m., hanging in her closet with a belt wrapped around her neck. The girl’s father lifted her up and her mother tore down the shelf.

How horrible! Prayers to her family.

Last night, I went to the middle school parent orientation for my oldest DS (he's 11) and he'll be in 6th grade next year (yikes!!). A parent asked about bullying, and from her question, it seemed that her son had been bullied in elem. school. The response was oh no, we don't have any bullying here, we're on top of it, cuz we hear about bullying from the students and parents and act immediately. Yeah, right.

IMO, reducing/eliminating bullying lies with the school and most importantly, with the parents of the bullies. I just don't have faith in my school district (even though we are one of the best in FL) in addressing the ever-growing bullying problem. If they're gonna deny it's a problem, how is the problem ever going to be fixed??

Done with the rant...

Reports: Fort Pierce girl, 11, commits suicide
Sun Sentinel

7:36 a.m. EDT, May 24, 2010

An 11-year-old Fort Pierce girl reportedly committed suicide last week, WPTV-Ch. 5 reports.

The girl wrote in her diary that she was being bullied, the news station reports. She attended St. Anastasia Church and School in Fort Pierce. Grief counselors will be on hand at the school Monday.

Authorities are investigating whether the bullying led to the girl's reported death.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/florida/fl-girl-suicide-fort-pierce-20100524,0,6806546.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back