WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing new really - just a tidbit of info to bump up the thread for Mackenzie.

On May 20th, GO Lake Chelan covered the story of WC's interview which appeared on KIRO TV.

http://www.golakechelan.com/index.php

Scroll down to the bottom, under Other Recent Articles

KIRO-TV opens the story by saying.... The slaying of Mackenzie Cowell has tormented her city with fear, frustrated detectives and broken the heart of Mackenzie's mother, Wendy, who spoke with KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Gary Horcher.
I was not real impressed with the reporter who interviewed WC. The [uncut] interview seemed a little discombobulated, imo.

I put an idea out a few messages ago but I'm not certain that anyone understood what I was suggesting, so I'll try a more direct approach.

Did the 884 number ring long enough to be forwarded? And if it did and was forwarded, what phone number would show up on MCs cell phone? The 884 number, right? Wouldn't this be a great way to call someone directly, but secretly? My thought again is that MC did not make the call from the boat launch.

Of course, this is only important if the 884 number rang long enough to be forwarded. Does anyone know if it did?

Thought provoking, Imamom2. I wonder if you nailed it on the 884 mystery?. Your idea May well be true about the forwarding. I'd like to think LE has looked at that angle, too. Maybe they will after reading your post.

:Welcome-12-june: to Websleuths, orondo! Hopefully LE will get the break they need soon, and Mackenzie can get some well-deserved justice! :)
Welcome orondo. There are lots of us newcomers here. Maybe one of you oldtimers can shed some light on this:
The Manson Village Tribune and Go Lake Chelan Sheriff's logs both have this in their report: for February 12th, 2010,
"10C01285 17:01:33 02/12/10 911 1666 PITCHER CANYON RD, WE 4 ACT" (copied directly from log)
In these reports, I have seen there is a numbered listing of calls at the top half of the page with an expanded list of the same reports at the bottom which show more detail; often names and addresses. On MVT and Go Lake Chelan the bottom halves,in particular, the expanded,
detailed descriptions of this call, only, are Gone for the 911 , shown above. I wonder why there was a 911 call from an address on Pitcher Canyon Rd. at 5:01 pm, the day before Mac's body was found at Crescent Bar. And, I wonder why the sheriff's Logs had this one item partially pulled?

I do wonder why LE are no longer putting out into the media that they are looking for witnesses who may have seen someone walking along the roads were Mackenzie's car was found. It seems like this piece of information would be very, very telling if they could get someone to come forward. It makes me wonder if they no longer need this info, if you catch my drift.

Not to quote myself, but since I haven't heard any comments back about this, are you guys indicating that you don't believe this might be indicative or where the investigation is at right now? Am I reading too much into this? I thought about it for a couple days before posting.

Not to quote myself, but since I haven't heard any comments back about this, are you guys indicating that you don't believe this might be indicative or where the investigation is at right now? Am I reading too much into this? I thought about it for a couple days before posting.

You're right - it sounds like they know or are convinced that the person who dumped the car got a ride from there. Also, their continued pleas for information - for that one big tip - seem to be directed toward the person who provided that ride (and perhaps helped place the body as well).

Welcome orondo. There are lots of us newcomers here. Maybe one of you oldtimers can shed some light on this:
The Manson Village Tribune and Go Lake Chelan Sheriff's logs both have this in their report: for February 12th, 2010,
"10C01285 17:01:33 02/12/10 911 1666 PITCHER CANYON RD, WE 4 ACT" (copied directly from log)
In these reports, I have seen there is a numbered listing of calls at the top half of the page with an expanded list of the same reports at the bottom which show more detail; often names and addresses. On MVT and Go Lake Chelan the bottom halves,in particular, the expanded,
detailed descriptions of this call, only, are Gone for the 911 , shown above. I wonder why there was a 911 call from an address on Pitcher Canyon Rd. at 5:01 pm, the day before Mac's body was found at Crescent Bar. And, I wonder why the sheriff's Logs had this one item partially pulled?

It is there it was just out of order...

10C01285 911 HANGUP CALL 17:01:33 02/12/10 LAWRENCE SCOTT ACT
RIVERCOM,
HANG UP NOTHING HEARD, ATTEMPTING CALLBACK
17:02:56 02/12/2010 - ATKINSON KARRIE
BUSY ON CALLBACK

It is there it was just out of order...

10C01285 911 HANGUP CALL 17:01:33 02/12/10 LAWRENCE SCOTT ACT
RIVERCOM,
HANG UP NOTHING HEARD, ATTEMPTING CALLBACK
17:02:56 02/12/2010 - ATKINSON KARRIE
BUSY ON CALLBACK
Thanks lbpom63, Your eyes are better than mine. I will look more carefully. Even if it was a hangup call, it was made, for whatever reason.

Unless the person dumping her car went over the back way cross country, I would think there would have been a witness to someone walking by now.

IMHO polygraphs, whether failed or passed, might be misleading at least from an astrological perspective simply by virtue of the elemental preponderance in each individual. For example, someone with a preponderance of earth (grounded) might have a far easier time with a poly then someone who say might have a preponderance of air (ungrounded), especially if in Gemini (twins: two for the price of one who are rarely in agreement, which tends to wreck havoc on the central nervous system).
Also, the qualities of the ability to adapt (chameleon) in Gemini which may be apparent and come easily on an outer level, may not be so easy inwardly.

IMHO polygraphs whether failed or passed might be misleading at least from an astrological perspective simply by virtue of the elemental preponderance in each individual. For example, someone with a preponderance of earth (grounded) might have a far easier time with a poly then someone who say might have a preponderance of air (ungrounded), especially if in Gemini (twins: two for the price of one who are rarely in agreement which tends to wreck havoc on the central nervous system).
Also the qualities of the ability to adapt (chameleon) in Gemini may which may be apparent and come easily on an outer level may not be so easy inwardly.

Thanks for posting this, Aquariun Sun. Today just so happens to be JF's 42nd birthday. Isn't that ironic? ;)

I was given the impression from what officer Kruse said that the Wenatchee police department is under the assumption that MC’s car was dropped off and a second car picked up the driver. I was also given the impression that they know the second driver was not MC.

To me it sounds like the have tons of evidence and maybe the evidence does not point to one person but several people. If that is the case they would need to sort out who did what so that they could properly charge the individuals.

They want to charge the right person with the murder and have the others plead to lesser charges and testify against them.

I personally believe that LE has a couple of people in mind and are watching them.

I was given the impression from what officer Kruse said that the Wenatchee police department is under the assumption that MC’s car was dropped off and a second car picked up the driver. I was also given the impression that they know the second driver was not MC.

To me it sounds like the have tons of evidence and maybe the evidence does not point to one person but several people. If that is the case they would need to sort out who did what so that they could properly charge the individuals.

They want to charge the right person with the murder and have the others plead to lesser charges and testify against them.

I personally believe that LE has a couple of people in mind and are watching them.

There has never been a legitimate, verified report of WC's property being searched or of any lie dectector tests, failed, certainly not about any particular peson failing one. If such reports exist, I would like to see them. Unfortunately, I think there's been too much unfounded gossip disscussed here.

There has never been a legitimate, verified report of WC's property being searched or of any lie dectector tests, failed, certainly not about any particular peson failing one. If such reports exist, I would like to see them. Unfortunately, I think there's been too much unfounded gossip disscussed here.

I don't think anyone here is talking about WC, if they are I haven't seen it. We were told at the beginning of this thread that immediate family is off limits, as per the newest update from LE- who has said they are not suspects.

As far as her "property being searched" not being true, I'm not sure what you are meaning by/encompassing in that statement. Some of both her and RC's property has been searched, we know for a fact that phone records and computers at both homes were searched. That is their property, and is status quo for any investigation of this kind. Doesn't say anything about potential guilt, only that LE is doing a thorough job.

Interestingly, a lot of the rumors and gossip here about large and small details of the case have turned out to be true. So leaks do exist, whether those are coming from family/friends, or LE I don't know.

I don't think anyone here is talking about WC, if they are I haven't seen it. We were told at the beginning of this thread that immediate family is off limits, as per the newest update from LE- who has said they are not suspects.

As far as her "property being searched" not being true, I'm not sure what you are meaning by/encompassing in that statement. Some of both her and Reid's property has been searched, we know for a fact that phone records and computers at both homes were searched. That is their property, and is status quo for any investigation of this kind. Doesn't say anything about potential guilt, only that LE is doing a thorough job.

Interestingly, a lot of the rumors and gossip here about large and small details of the case have turned out to be true. So leaks do exist, whether those are coming from family/friends, or LE I don't know.

I was talking about a gang or group of girls, someone unknown to us.

That's what I figured, either that or someone we've discussed who is not immediate family or off limits.

The biggest problem I can see with a "girl gang" theory is that in the vast majority of cases we've seen in the media, someone invariably talks, and fairly quickly. That's just the nature of teenage girls. I just think if that was the case it would have been wrapped up fairly quickly. Maybe not, though...

That's what I figured, either that or someone we've discussed who is not immediate family or off limits.

The biggest problem I can see with a "girl gang" theory is that in the vast majority of cases we've seen in the media, someone invariably talks, and fairly quickly. That's just the nature of teenage girls. I just think if that was the case it would have been wrapped up fairly quickly. Maybe not, though...

I completely agree girlfawkes. IMO I still think it is the same person I have thought it was the entire time. I think he had help dropping off the car and I think LE suspects him completely. They just need a little more evidence to nail him. I hope that day comes soon.

Please stay on topic so the thread doesn't get closed again.

Last warning folks or this thread might likely go by the same wayside as the long since pulled Madeline McCann (sp?) forum.

If it takes too much time to moderate and ask for members to follow TOS and Stay on topic it doesn't belong at WS.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Cubby - Moderator.

Originally Posted by Tricia
************************************************** ************************************************** **********
NEW RULES ABOUT POSTING OUT AND OUT RUMORS.
Many posters have been requesting Rumor Threads on several cases. We do have a Rumor Thread in the members only part of WS about Haleigh Cummings. The reason we did this was because an overwhelming amount of locals who knew both families wanted to post. The best way to handle that situation was to have a rumor thread in the private area. However, I don't want rumor threads on all the cases. Too much time is needed to moderate a rumor thread and it can get very weary.

It would be naive of me not to recognize the aspect of rumors in cases like Elizabeth Olten and Somer. Therefore we are going to try something different.

If you are a local and you have heard a rumor that is not ridiculous post it clearly as a rumor.

I won't check if you say you are a local. This is different than saying you know the family.

If this doesn't work out because people start relying on rumors or repeating rumors as fact we will change it back.

If anyone has any questions go ahead and ask me, PM me or email me at tgrif@xmission.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50