Possible Break in Stacy's case - Cops planning on a search tomorrow 6/5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSNBC says State Police are digging east of Peoria.

If the barrel is blue, we'll know it is Stacey. Prayers to the family, and especially those little kids. My heart just breaks for them.

We've got forecasts here in Illinois of strong thunderstorms for most of the state, I just hope that Mother Nature takes some pity on LE and keeps the lightning on hold.

While I also am puzzled as to why Drew would spill anything about where Stacy is to anybody, if the 'accomplice' led them to an exact area it must be credible.

I do pray this is her, and my prayers are with her loved ones. May they have closure today.

ETA -

This is the story on the NBC Chicago site...

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Cops-Deny-Lead-on-Stacy-Petersons-Body-tmz-95683979.html

So now they are saying that this is incorrect? Believe you me, while TMZ is very celebrity and tabloidish, I don't think I've seen more than one story get retracted.

We've got forecasts here in Illinois of strong thunderstorms for most of the state, I just hope that Mother Nature takes some pity on LE and keeps the lightning on hold.

While I also am puzzled as to why Drew would spill anything about where Stacy is to anybody, if the 'accomplice' led them to an exact area it must be credible.

I do pray this is her, and my prayers are with her loved ones. May they have closure today.

Peoria is getting hammered right now with storms.

according to this link: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7480268

"At 5:30am, a Will County Sheriff's Department spokesman said he had no information on any new leads or searches involving the death of Savio or disappearance of Stacy Peterson. "

if this is true its the state police that are searching and it doesn't sound like they told will county. i wonder if the accomplice is someone within the LE for will county. not trying to start rumors, just wondering.

TMZ seems to be the only outlet to report that... I ponder why the mainstream news isn't reporting it...

I hope they find Stacy...

I wondered that also elphaba. TMZ? Of all places? Oh, well, I dont care how we get the news or from where, as long as it is accurate. Justice for Stacy.

So, are they searching or not? Very confusing..

according to this link: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7480268

"At 5:30am, a Will County Sheriff's Department spokesman said he had no information on any new leads or searches involving the death of Savio or disappearance of Stacy Peterson. "

if this is true its the state police that are searching and it doesn't sound like they told will county. i wonder if the accomplice is someone within the LE for will county. not trying to start rumors, just wondering.

Love this part.

Ben Bradley
More: Bio, Blog, Twitter, News Team

June 5, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police confirm investigators are conducting a search this morning in connection to the disappearance of Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson. Master Sergeant Tom Burek tells ABC 7 teams are searching a rural area near the town of Metamora, Illinois.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7480268

According to this article http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=7480268 it says:

Illinois State Police confirm investigators are conducting a search this morning in connection to the disappearance of Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson. Master Sergeant Tom Burek tells ABC 7 teams are searching a rural area near the town of Metamora, Illinois.

So, it seems like they are confirming that they are searching for her. It also says the coroner confirms that forensics teams have been called to the scene but there isn't a body yet.

So, are they searching or not? Very confusing..

They are searching according to ISP.

Ben Bradley
More: Bio, Blog, Twitter, News Team

June 5, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Illinois State Police confirm investigators are conducting a search this morning in connection to the disappearance of Bolingbrook mother Stacy Peterson. Master Sergeant Tom Burek tells ABC 7 teams are searching a rural area near the town of Metamora, Illinois.

I wondered that also elphaba. TMZ? Of all places? Oh, well, I dont care how we get the news or from where, as long as it is accurate. Justice for Stacy.

Ever seen the end of TMZ's daily broadcast on tv? it always ends with Harvey Levin saying "I'm Lawyer". I'm thinking that if this is true about Stacy, that one of his lawyer buddies tipped him off... that or someone contacted TMZ trying to sell them info.

It wouldn't surprise me if the IL State LE kept Will County shut out for awhile. I live in Will, and while I love my community and would never disrespect any of my local LE, I can tell you that Drew being allowed to be on the force for as long as he was put a bad taste in many a mouth.

I was so positive that he put her in a flooded quarry, or had her cremated. Burying her somewhere never occured to me.

Working with new information in the disappearance of Stacy Peterson, authorities are set to dig in search of her body Saturday in an area east of Peoria, sources said. Officials confirmed a search for “human remains” is underway Saturday morning.

Illinois State Police confirmed Saturday that they are currently following a lead in rural central Illinois regarding Peterson’s disappearance and have set up a media staging at a location near Peoria, according to an ISP release.

The ISP Investigation team that has been investigating the disappearance and possible homicide of Stacy Peterson is aware of the situation and at the scene, the release said.

Sources told a STNG reporter Stacy Peterson’s relatives are also at the scene.

http://www.wlsam.com/Article.asp?id=1829981&spid=

What ever happened to Mike Robinson and his trial? Is he in jail now?

Here's a thought: suppose Drew didn't tell another inmate anything, but the accomplice did tell LE where to find her. The news article I just read says that Drew is not close enough to other inmates to tell them anything. So maybe the stories are confusing because they are only half true.

LOL, I always love that part! "I'm a lawyer"! He is also the commentator on, is it The People's Court? With Judge Mileon? (I know I spelled it wrong, she is that pretty, Latino Judge?) He always seems very knowledgable about the law, of course, being a lawyer.
Good thinking, elphaba, could be true. Hmmm....inside info?

I wondered about that too, john's mom. But of course, that was from the mouth of his lawyer. Have we heard anything from any of the jailhouse authorities, besides Drew's attorney?

Joe Hosey the reporter is in Peoria according to his Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288