WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think LE said that the hairpin turn overlooks the place where MC's body was found. That almost sounds like someone stood watch at the corner. From there they could protect the activities of the POI as they moved MCs body and alert them to cars coming down the hill.

To clarify, the area searched overlooks the general area where MC's body was found, but you cannot see the property at 156 CB road from the hairpin turn.

Using Google Earth, there are good views of the locations in question. It looks like the the hairpin is above a steep slope to the river. I have no idea how far the river is from the turnout. OnGE, zoomed in as far as possible , the "turnout" appears very slight. I think you might be able to see the house at 156 Crescent Bar Rd. from the turnout. I hadn't noticed before that the Mansfield Rd. merges with Crescent Bar Rd at the apex of the curve. I always thought of the perps coming from and exiting to Wenatchee. With the Mansfield Rd., there are other posibilities. The attached photos from Google Earth show the 156 CB house and the hairpin curve.

Thanks for the map, I have already seen them and they do not give a perspective as to grade of the slope, from the hairpin turn and the river.

I am trying to find out how far it is from the parking spot from the hairpin turn to the water and if it is like a cliff or a gradual slope.

In the dead of night if you stood on the hairpin curve you would be able to see headlights coming up the hill from CB; from the residential area off Mansfield road and from town. Whoever thought to post a watchdog on that corner has been to CB more than a few times.

Thanks for the map, I have already seen them and they do not give a perspective as to grade of the slope, from the hairpin turn and the river.

I am trying to find out how far it is from the parking spot from the hairpin turn to the water and if it is like a cliff or a gradual slope.

From the parking spot at the area searched it is a steep slope down to the road then another steep slope down to the river. Not exactly a cliff, but a steep slope.

From the parking spot at the area searched it is a steep slope down to the road then another steep slope down to the river. Not exactly a cliff, but a steep slope.

Would someone be able to toss something down the hill and have it land in the water? If not how easy would it be to take something to the water and dump it?

Would someone be able to toss something down the hill and have it land in the water? If not how easy would it be to take something to the water and dump it?

From the way it looks it would be too far to have something for certain land in the river. Especially when you factor in brush, and the normal hillside debri in this neck of the woods. Being as they were searching the area with metal detectors I think it much more likely they got a tip about the phone or one of the other pieces of crucial missing evidence. I made this map for the MC case just so people could see how far things range, it has rumored and confirmed points of interest. All tags are as close to completely accurate as possible according to what we have been told by reliable sources such as LE and I hate to say it but WW. All IMOO

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....42583,-120.303286&spn=0.011657,0.027874&z=16

From the way it looks it would be too far to have something for certain land in the river. Especially when you factor in brush, and the normal hillside debri in this neck of the woods. Being as they were searching the area with metal detectors I think it much more likely they got a tip about the phone or one of the other pieces of crucial missing evidence. I made this map for the MC case just so people could see how far things range, it has rumored and confirmed points of interest. All tags are as close to completely accurate as possible according to what we have been told by reliable sources such as LE and I hate to say it but WW. All IMOO

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U....42583,-120.303286&spn=0.011657,0.027874&z=16

Great job. Really helpful. Thank you.

this map is very helpful with getting some perspective - I for one, did not realize till now how far away the CB house was from where she was last seen and where the car was in relation to everything!

thank you thank you thank you!

PLease take the time to email the local officials and voice your opion and concerns about this case being unsolved and reducing the amount of time spent on it... Should we really put a price on someones life?

ATTORNEY GENERAL
ROB MCKENNA
Email: emailago@atg.wa.gov
1125 Washington St. SE
PO Box 40100
Olympia WA 98504-0100
Phone: (360) 753-6200

U.S. SENATORS FOR WASHINGTON STATE
MARIA CANTWELL
Email: maria_cantwell@cantwell.senate.gov

Harvey Gjesdal Sheriff
Email the Sheriff hgjesdal@co.douglas.wa.us

sheriff@co.chelan.wa.us

Mailing Address
PO Box 519
Wenatchee, WA 98807

Email Address
WenatcheePolice@WenatcheeWA.gov

I'm not sure why the newspaper felt the need to put the "price" of the investigation in. I guess I got a "tone" from it that was something other than informational - that price wouldn't bother me if it were in my town to be honest. If a girl was murdered I, and I would assume everyone else, would want to know what happened so the killer would be put away!

I consider the following only rumors and I hope that it does not have a negative effect on the case.

Rumor: LE has suspects.
Rumor: Issues with evidence that has prevented an arrest. More evidence is pending and may be solid at some point.
Rumor: LE suspects at least 2 suspects.

These are all rumors that came from an extremely very reliable sources. There are more rumors; however, they deal with information that I believe would be detrimental to the case so I am going to keep it to myself.

I'm not sure why the newspaper felt the need to put the "price" of the investigation in. I guess I got a "tone" from it that was something other than informational - that price wouldn't bother me if it were in my town to be honest. If a girl was murdered I, and I would assume everyone else, would want to know what happened so the killer would be put away!

Wenatchee is my hometown, and everyone I have talked to agrees with this sentiment.

Very sad to see the investigation being scaled back. And sad to see this case go cold.

=(

Very sad to see the investigation being scaled back. And sad to see this case go cold.

=(

Then help us! Tell everyone to write to someone and tell them about MC's case and that it's going cold and LE needs her face and name out there more than ever. We are thinking a HUGE billboard on either end of the bridge with a big pic of Mack and the words "remember me". Or at least fliers on every business door in town.

Someone KNOWS who did this, now we need to put the pressure on and they need to come forward and finally give Mack and her family the answers they deserve.

here's some people you can write!

MARIA CANTWELL
Email: maria_cantwell@cantwell.senate.gov

GOVERNOR
CHRISTINE GREGOIRE
Email: http://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/default.asp
Office of the Governor
416 14th Ave. SW Ste. 200
PO Box 40002
Olympia, WA 98504-0002
Phone: (360) 902-4111
Fax: (360) 753-4110

ATTORNEY GENERAL
ROB MCKENNA
Email: emailago@atg.wa.gov
1125 Washington St. SE
PO Box 40100
Olympia WA 98504-0100
Phone: (360) 753-6200

COMMISSIONER OF PUBLIC LANDS
PETER GOLDMARK
Email: cpl@dnr.wa.gov

Mike Harum
sheriff@co.chelan.wa.us

Harvey Gjesdal Sheriff
Email the Sheriff hgjesdal@co.douglas.wa.us

City of Wenatchee's Police Department:

Physical Address:
140 South Mission Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801

Mailing Address
PO Box 519
Wenatchee, WA 98807

Email Address
WenatcheePolice@WenatcheeWA.gov

A very interesting article was released today. Police are interviewing potential suspects tied in with that hair pin turn they investigated recently.
Story here.

Snipped from the KOMO article:

Then last month, police received a tip. They were told to look above the place where Cowell's body was found, go down a dirt road.

Investigators visited the spot on June 13 and combed the area. They found something of interest, and sent the unidentified object to the state crime lab.

And apparently, they also found a reason to talk to several people, whom they questioned last week. Detectives said those questioned hadn't come forward; the tip led police to them.

"They are people who obviously came up in our investigation," said Capt. Doug Hones, spokesman of the task force. "We are not going to call them persons of interest yet. We are interested in what they know, whether they were witnesses or were involved in her killing. But at this point, we just want to go talk to them."

More at link
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96694164.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads