OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy carp, if they suspect a school employee, they've got to tell the parents, especially if they've discovered the person is a SO, because they'd have to start interviewing kids to see if any others have been molested.

Or if they want to start showing specific pictures of employees (or volunteers or whatever) to the kids to see if those people were near Kyron on Friday, it's going to scare the carp out of the kids - and the parents - if these are trusted and well thought of people.

Oh my God, somebody give me a Xanax. My mind's going into overdrive on the meeting. It's just so very unusual.

okay BeanE, get outta me head and you'll probably feel better. :blowkiss: And don't keep thinking or next you'll worry about how investigators think it was a kid group walk gone bad!

In that pix taken at the science fair, he doesn't have a backpack on. I find that strange.

Here are six pictures of Kyron put out by news sources. He looks slightly different in each one, so I thought it would be good to put them all together to get sort of an idea of how he can look in different lights and with different facial expressions, etc.
kyronmontage.jpg

http://www.freshnews.in/kyron-horman-missing-from-last-two-days-185840
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676-23.html?tag=page;next

Can you put these in the media/pics thread? This is an excellent collage, Steadfast! :hug: I don't want it to get lost!

great pics!

Thanks for the link.

They look like a wonderful family, very family oriented.
The pics of the school; didn't see any "groups" but did see two men who didn't appear to be with anyone.
The one in the red cap, and the other one was bald.

He looks older in that pic, even though it appears to be taken the same day.
The "fair must have been all over the school, even outside, as the woman with the little kids and school age child is going into a small building in the background.
A very opportunistic morning.
It would be easy to see him or any of the kids feeling free to go anywhere.
I'm certainly glad that LE probably has so many pics, so they can see if anyone who shouldn't have been there, was there.

And yet, it's been so long since he went missing.
It must be difficult for the family, the community, and LE to stay encouraged at this point.
May their hearts be strengthened, and let some sunshine come soon.
May they find little Kyron, who looks like a delightful boy, so he can come home soon.
moo

ETA; perhaps the talk about the pic being at the zoo is the one I thought was at the school being as he has the same shirt on. pic 23?
sorry for my confusion. :I

the picture of him in the red jacket was from april, I believe ...at the zoo

How did you get the pics to post like that? I posted one similar but it was added as a thumbnail

I'm kind of uncertain about all this talk about pings. I assumed they are searching within a 2 mile radius of the school because that may be statistically where he might most likely be. I would assume that anybody that used a cell phone at the school would still ping within the same 2 mile radius so why would they assume it would be from the woods? Does this make sense?

Here are six pictures of Kyron put out by news sources. He looks slightly different in each one, so I thought it would be good to put them all together to get sort of an idea of how he can look in different lights and with different facial expressions, etc.
kyronmontage.jpg

http://www.freshnews.in/kyron-horman-missing-from-last-two-days-185840
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/2300-504083_162-10003676-23.html?tag=page;next

They look like they were taken over a period of time; possibly from between age 6 and 7, or even just since September when the school year started to the time he went missing.. Kids change so fast, even if just slightly. As parents seeing them everyday, we don't notice it. But then when you go back and look at the pictures, you can really see the difference.

Okay, in the continuing saga of Gibby and her girls... (I know, if yer sick of it just scroll past lol): One of my daughters woke up and came to the puter. She knows what I'm doing. She asked, "Did you find him yet?" I said, "No, not yet, but we will." She said, "Everyone is still looking, right?" I said, "Yes, they are." She said, "Good, cause he's in the woods." (okay, I'm kinda freaked a little by that but ask on...) I ask, "Will they find him?" She said, "Maybe. Maybe he was eaten by a bear." (I smiled but didn't let her see...) She said, "Maybe you'll find him, momma." (I'm a little spiritual so I ask...) "Do you think he's okay?" and she said, "Maybe." So, my sleuthing is now hinged on 5-year-old girls and their wise nature. lol

The 10:00 news starts soon (KPTV), I hope they say something about the meeting!

Okay, in the continuing saga of Gibby and her girls... (I know, if yer sick of it just scroll past lol): One of my daughters woke up and came to the puter. She knows what I'm doing. She asked, "Did you find him yet?" I said, "No, not yet, but we will." She said, "Everyone is still looking, right?" I said, "Yes, they are." She said, "Good, cause he's in the woods." (okay, I'm kinda freaked a little by that but ask on...) I ask, "Will they find him?" She said, "Maybe. Maybe he was eaten by a bear." (I smiled but didn't let her see...) She said, "Maybe you'll find him, momma." (I'm a little spiritual so I ask...) "Do you think he's okay?" and she said, "Maybe." So, my sleuthing is now hinged on 5-year-old girls and their wise nature. lol

ot but are they twins?

I was thinking the same thing. If there is a short time span for the abductor to work, he or she could snatch the child before the child even knew what was about to hit him or her, let alone the child asking for the password.

As for the zoo picture, his face is in the shadow, thus making him darker complexioned and thus he looks like someone else. Also, he is wearing sunglasses which also adds a different dimension to his appearance.

I'm not sure they were sunglasses, I think he may have transition lenses. That would be a great point to find out for ID...if he does indeed have transition lenses and had them on at school that day. It would be a huge step in determining if the child in the white car could be him. It looked to me that shot was taken in the daytime, and if so I'd think the lenses would be darkened at least somewhat if that was indeed Kyron.

Beane, or any other mod?

I have something that I'm not sure I should post on here but I think it needs attention. Is it possible for me to pm you a link? I am not sure how to go about this. TIA

The cell phone law was passed in Minnesota. Is that where Verizon is located? It must be a National Law because the murdered girl was in Kansas.

I live in the country where there are hills. I can get cell phone in some spots of my yard-not house.

My son said that the signals go from tower to tower in a line. He said that if there are hills in the way, that stops the signal.

However, I have a cell phone from work which is probably the cheapest that could be had.

When my hubby had to have a cell phone for work, he got a very expensive one that worked in our house, so I'm not sure about my son's explanation. He is anengineer and I can ask him tomorrow night if this still is a topic.

Article about the cell phone ping lawsuit.

http://www.startribune.com/local/84...iUHc3E7_V_nDaycUiacyKUzyaP37D_MDua_eyD5PcOiUr

Are you in the Midwest? I'm from there, and when I go back to Iowa, I get craptacular coverage. I get better coverage out here with more hills, etc. I think it's based on population with my service (Verizon).

Doesn't the distance a cell phone pings depend on the location of cell towers? Aren't the tower locations available on the net someplace that we can trace and see where they're located near the school? Would that help?

But I'm thinking two things. One that it may be unusual from tower locations which are pretty random to track pings exactly 2 miles out from the school if that's what they're doing.

Conversely, we might be able to pin the tower locations and compare them to the search locations and we may find that they're actually following the pattern of the towers.

I don't know a whole lot about pings and towers. I just picked up a few (very few) things from Caylee's case. So if the above is really stupid based on how they actually work, please just pretend it's very intelligent. :)

Cell Tower locations.

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=portland&state_abr=or

But those girls were found within 1-2 days. If he was inside the school and deceased for 7 days....oh, I just can't say it.
I am sure you are right... i just can't wrap my head around someone being so brazen to grab a child from their school with so many people around. I drop my kids off every day and there are hundreds of kids, parents and faculty on the grounds. It is one thing to grab a child across the street, waking home. But from the confines of the school? That is bold and scares me. Doesn't help that I watched The Lovely Bones last night.

Here is the Kelsy Smith Law info that was passed in April in Kansas. So it seems to me that each state must pass their own law? It's not Federal?

One of the problems with RSO laws are that they are state laws. They should be Federal-the same in all states. Some states are so lax!

http://www.pr.com/press-release/147074

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member