GUILTY PA - Wayne & Vicky Shugar, both 61, murdered, Brockway, 12 April 2010

colette

Reaction score
A cable installer has been linked to at least 4 unsolved murders. Caught by computer scearches and an aware neighbor. Could he be linked to more?

A retired man and his wife a flower shop owner were found shot to death in their basement. It turns out their killer bought flowers at their shop for someone he was stalking. Steven Patrick Rebert, 45, formerly of Oakfield, not only is a suspect in the Shugar slayings but a person of interest in two unsolved killings in Genesee and Orleans counties.
Police were led to Rebert by neighbors of the Shugars, who recalled seeing a suspicious car parked about 100 yards from the Shugar's on March 3. One of the neighbors wrote down the license plate. It was a car belonging to Rebert.

Later after looking at his computer searches they are connecting him to 2 other unsolved murders.

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/articles/2010/06/15/news/6845473.txt

Next link has a pic of the weirdo, also talks about the other two possible victims.

November of 2005, Bill Fickel was shot in the arm and heart with a 3030 rifle in front of his house in Oakfield.Fickel was 46-years-old. His murder made America's Most Wanted, but so far remains unsolved.

The second unsolved case is that of Kevin Smith. The 47-year-old had been shot dead inside his Shelby home in Orleans County.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/crime/PA-man-linked-to-local-murders

WOW!!!! That's amazing!

HIGH FIVES to the neighbor!

Wow how unreal... scares you doesn't it. You really never know.

It was the computer, though, that led investigators to New York and two unsolved murders, one in Genesee County, the other in Orleans.

Computer Crime Investigator Trooper Matthew Powell searched the history on Rebert's computer and found that he searched information about the Shugar murder at least eight times between April 13 and April 15.

He also had searched information about the 2005 murder of Bill Fickel of Oakfield and the 2007 slaying of Kevin Smith of Shelby.

One the other hand it makes me shutter to think of the history my searches would cough up YIKES ...all the cases I research on here ...

No kidding...almost all of my searches are pretty gruesome...

WOW!!!! That's amazing!

HIGH FIVES to the neighbor!

Yes that neighbor IMO has helped save other lives, hooray for them!!!
So many people just go about their business.

Now wth is this 's problem, did he target certain people or just decide to kill people at random?

VB

Good tip about writing down license numbers. My dad taught me to do this when something just isn't right. Great job, great neighbor.

Good tip about writing down license numbers. My dad taught me to do this when something just isn't right. Great job, great neighbor.

Mine too! I was taught to memorize them. I do it all the time.

Oh boy. This guy has lived in IN, GA, FL,NC and NY besides PA.

Now wth is this 's problem, did he target certain people or just decide to kill people at random?

VB

The only link between the couple from the flower shop is that he was stalking one of their employees and he bought flowers for her in their store. They haven't found a link between the two men except they lived about a mile from the suspect. The fact that they seem so random and the fact that he drove around installing cable makes me think there are more.

Oh man, you're right, Filly. This could get real messy, real fast.

From January 2012:

http://www.thedailynewsonline.com/news/article_c3283f2a-4afa-11e1-89e7-001871e3ce6c.html

Now that Steven P. Rebert has been found guilty and sentenced to life without parole in Pennsylvania, the families of two Western New York men want Rebert to face justice here... Rebert became a suspect when he was arrested in June 2010 and charged with slaying a Pennsylvania couple, Wayne and Vicky Shugar...

Genesee County sheriff’s Chief Deputy of Investigations Jerome Brewster said last week that they “absolutely” have enough evidence to charge Rebert...

Orleans County District Attorney Joseph Cardone said he plans on taking a thorough look at the transcripts from Rebert’s trial in Pennsylvania.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back