SM as a potential focus of the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow....too much laughing and joking for a situation like this.....wish I could believe there was going to be happy news!

jmo

A neighbor of Desiree's (WS poster, who introduced herself as such) said it was Desiree's weekend to have Kyron in a post here.

Technically, that's probably a rumor. I can't find that info anywhere else, although I've tried.

I'm not sure MOM did have him every other weekend (at least not at her house in Medford) cos her close neighbor (daughter plays with Kyron) said in a local news interview that Kyron would come there "often"..That doesn't jive with 2x a month to me but I could be wrong.

PPD begins usually with in the first 4 weeks and always starts within 6 months of delivery.

Actually, PPD can start anytime in the first year. I am a Maternity RN who does patient teaching re: PPD.

seriously?!?!? back when SM's fb was public, did anyone see this? i did not. if i still can post about SM's fb, apologies to mods and do not reply....thx

yes, i also want to know from the mods if we are allowed to discuss her FB before it was set to private.

O/T - I think it's a growing concern how these types of challenges are making so many children more prone to being a victim of violence. I'm not sure what the answer is - more education... more social support for caregivers of children with special needs? I don't know. But it is sad how these children are being victimized for things they cannot control.

(Sorry for the O/T, as I am not even sure this has anything to do with this case - but it's an issue I think we are all noticing in many of these cases.)

As the grandmother of an ADHD kid, I believe a better diet (less processed and fast food), more love, and consistent discipline would work wonders.

Actually, I believe there's a bit more to it but what I stated above is a good place to start.

:cow:

I have wondered why she hasn't confessed since I am sure LE has been all over her but she has that beautiful baby and I am sure she knows that if she confesses she will never be with her again.
That is what I don't understand. She is a very intelligent person. I believe she has a Masters degree. She had to know that she would eventually get caught and it would cost her everything. I am not that educated but the knowledge of the consequences keep me from even jaywalking. I just don't understand who she thought she could get away with this, if she did it. Maybe if she left her cell phone home? Would it have been the perfect crime? I think she had been thinking of doing this for a while and was probably getting down to the wire with school ending. She probably figured out that if she could place him in the school as the last time he was seen then she could blame the school. I don't know. My head (and heart) hurts.

These types of people, "sociopaths" if you will, only think of one thing....THEMSELVES. I think she 100% didn't think she would get caught. People of this nature often times think they can outsmart everyone else.

It's still just incomprehensible to me how anyone can harm a child. But a woman ... a mother ? I know it happens. There's been more than enough examples of this. I just feel sick everytime I look at another picture of that sweet boy. If the SM does turn out to be the one responsible, I believe the father bears some responsibility for failing to protect Kyron. Harsh I know but that's just how I feel.

WS certainly has some awesome sleuths. I'm amazed what you've been able to uncover. I have much to learn. I'm also grateful for the Mods who are surely overworked & stressed when dealing with a hot case like this one.

And same article quotes the same person again...

She also said Kyron would not have gone off with a stranger, only with his mother, whom he loves.

I totally remember the early articles sticking out to me right away, about how each of them had multiple references that Kyron loves his mom (SM) very much, like sometimes up to 3 or more times in one article. I thought it was just hasty editing in trying to get the story out, that they repeated that so much, almost for excessive emphasis. I either thought it was weird, or totally normal. I was split on how to interpret it, basically....

Terri was the last person to have seen Kyron before he disappeared. (per presser)

Per HLN pics on SM facebook of her daughter with the caption "That's my real Child" a pic of Kyron with the caption "Kyron...I just don't know anymore."
FWIW There are so many more but HLN only discussed these two.

When I said that, (exasperated :blushing:), to my mother about my oldest, my Mom said, "I know."

(did I mention I'm Mom's oldest?)

I immediately got the impression through TH's facebook that Kyron was her least favorite of the 3 children.
Her remarks of him etc on photos just made me think that ya know.

I am going to play devils advocate for a moment. I have 8 children, all mine, same baby-daddy :blushing:

While I love all of them equally, there are times when I like some of their behavior less than those of the others. This can change hourly, weekly, etc. I know I am not unique as many of my friends with lots of kids feel the same way.
That's just how it is in families with more than 1 or 2 kids. I have a 10 yr old with ADHD and I have felt "I don't even know about him anymore" many times. Unless you deal with the unpredictability of a child with ADHD on a daily basis, you can't understand the feelings of helplessness that often accompanies it.

Re: FACEBOOK

I am a frequent user and have many friends who post things that make me scratch my head and go WTH??? I imagine we all have "friends" like that. I am sure I have shared too much once or twice about the craziness that is my life... if something unfortunate were to happen to me or one of my kids, Websleuthers would have a field day with that!!:crazy:

As the grandmother of an ADHD kid, I believe a better diet (less processed and fast food), more love, and consistent discipline would work wonders.

Actually, I believe there's a bit more to it but what I stated above is a good place to start.

:cow:

I'm not thinking so much about how to improve the child's behaviour, though that is part of it, I guess, but how to improve the frustrations/responses/resentments of the caregivers - particularly those not related to the child by blood.

But, otherwise, I think you are bang on, Trident.

TH last person to see Kyron. No comment on PIA. People do not have to worry about their children reguarding this case. Family cooperating and agree to release flier to help jog peoples memory..Still asking people for help in findin Kyron.....per presser

hmmmm says a lot without sayin much.

I'm still not completely sold on the step mom, and I think in the PC it was clear he was not indicating she was a person of interest.
I can think of several reasons why she might be on SI and not want to admit where she was or who she was with....that would complicate her life but not lead to Kryon's demise.

There may also be someone trying to point fingers at her, that is actually responsible.

(readily admit, I'm always on the side of it not being a parent until proven otherwise)

TH last person to see Kyron. No comment on PIA. People do not have to worry about their children reguarding this case. Family cooperating and agree to release flier to help jog peoples memory..Still asking people for help in findin Kyron.....per presser

hmmmm says a lot without sayin much.

I don't think the family had much say in "this" flyer being released.

I'm not sure MOM did have him every other weekend (at least not at her house in Medford) cos her close neighbor (daughter plays with Kyron) said in a local news interview that Kyron would come there "often"..That doesn't jive with 2x a month to me but I could be wrong.

The poster who brought us this info did not say every other weekend. And neither did I. She said THAT weekend - the one he disappeared. Here's her post:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5289929&postcount=54"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14[/ame]

There's a thread on this, if you are interested.
Here:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5289929&postcount=54"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - OR - Kyron Horman, 7 yo Second grader, Portland, 4 June 2010 - Part #14[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes