TH's polygraphs

It makes no sense for a mom to make a non-emergency appointment on the same day as the science fair and talent show. And if she had paperwork to give the teacher to fill out, wouldn't that indicate that the appointment was at a later date. It would to me.

I am not making any excuses for TH or placing blame on the teacher, I am actually thinking that the teacher simply told LE that TH had mentioned the Friday appointment and that she wasn't sure which at that moment for which Friday the appointment was scheduled.

I am just thinking about how I handle things. I often drop my kids off or get them on the bus and then call or email the office/teacher back for clarification. So if I took my 7yo in for the science fair and went home for the day, then I would probably email the teacher later to say "Hey, when do you want the projects picked up?" And if I had an appointment scheduled that required a teacher to fill out paperwork, then I would probably not give it to her on the day of the appointment, I would give it to her a week in advance. If my child was not actually in the talent show (which I have seen no solid confirmation that Kyron was performing some grand solo act) then I would likely not attend unless I had absolutely no other obligations at all.

My reasoning comes from a combination of 20+ school years that my kids have collectively attended public school, in addition to having student taught for several semesters during my BA days. Having 15-20 students and their parents bombarding you everyday with questions, needs, concerns, etc. can be overwhelming. It is better to be sent an email for non-emergency questions and it is great to have advanced notice when a form needs filling out. Since TH taught at one point then I am sure she is aware and not the typical parent.

Also, this could be the teacher's first full semester with her own classroom. Again, not supporting or making excuses for anyone, just trying to think reasonably about how my days go normally and how I handle situations.

You made some very good points of logic here!

Any medical appointment that required some kind of paperwork from the teacher was not just a routine appointment. It was some sort of evaluation that probably was made months in advance at the Dr.'s available time, not by her choice. Plus that Friday (11th) was also one of the school's end of the year activities day, and any end of the year day such as that contains little academic content.

All in all, it's pretty obvious that any paperwork given on a Thursday was not expected to be completed and in to the Dr. by the next school day which involved such a chaotic and active schedule. Once again, simple logic.

Im thinking something was not right with the first poly, why take another if the first one was ok??

They may want to ask her further questions than they did on the first one.

Even though her friend says that Terri is upset about it no where have I seen where she is refusing to take it again and she certainly has ever right to refuse and if she thinks they are targeting her it would be more logical to tell them she had already taken one and she isnt going to take another one.

IMO

You made some very good points of logic here!

Any medical appointment that required some kind of paperwork from the teacher was not just a routine appointment. It was some sort of evaluation that probably was made months in advance at the Dr.'s available time, not by her choice. Plus that Friday (11th) was also one of the school's end of the year activities day, and any end of the year day such as that contains little academic content.

All in all, it's pretty obvious that any paperwork given on a Thursday was not expected to be completed and in to the Dr. by the next school day which involved such a chaotic and active schedule. Once again, simple logic.

And it is easily verifiable when the actual appointment really was. I always tried to give the teachers advance notice.

IMO

Hmm... could be any combination of failed, walked out on, etc.

No need for a 2nd if you completed and passed the first, IMO...

I'm curious is anyone else getting another polygraph test?I am also curious who all took one.

Every time I log on there is something new...jeeze. 2 lie detector tests that will tell them nothing - not admissible in court and can be affected by medication, anxiety, response to stress etc.

Wish LE would just bring Terri in and interrogate her like they would do to anyone else. Sending out questionnaires, maps, being silent, closed mouthed, isn't working - bring her in.

Whining about her frustration with the investigation with her child gone is simply outrageous...sounds like she is saying...poor me moo mho

Polygraphs can have a 3rd category: "inconclusive"

I bet that's what happened in TMH's first poly.

Bingo. They suspect she's lying or there would be no need for the second one.

I asked my detective neighbor...we walked our dogs together this am.....he said that most polygraph exams are a very limited number of questions. After an intense two week investigation, new questions come up. Also, in cases like this one, VERY often family members have received sleep or anxiety medications early on and this causes inconclusive results. In his opinion, this is not unusual to do another one at a later time.

jmoo

Well, that explains why the teacher marked him absent and wasn't concerned about him being gone. She thought that he was at a doctor's appointment. Why scheduele a doctor's appointment the same day as the science fair and the talent show?

She sure wanted to let everyone know he was there by taking a picture of him and then immediately putting it on her Facebook account. I wonder what time it registered that she did that.

Poor kid. Sounds like he didn't have a chance.

I'm going to make an educated guess and say at this time next week -- SM will have a lawyer.

I wonder if she will be able to play Facebook games like Family Feud in jail?

Well, that explains why the teacher marked him absent and wasn't concerned about him being gone. She thought that he was at a doctor's appointment. Why scheduele a doctor's appointment the same day as the science fair and the talent show?

She sure wanted to let everyone know he was there by taking a picture of him and then immediately putting it on her Facebook account. I wonder what time it registered that she did that.

BBM. IIRC, it was around 1 - 1:30 p.m. on Friday, 4 hours after Kyron "disappeared" from the school.

I'm going to make an educated guess and say at this time next week -- SM will have a lawyer.

I wonder if she will be able to play Facebook games like Family Feud in jail?

I'm shocked she doesn't have a lawyer already. On the other hand, I don't think she ever dreamed this situation would play out this way. I think she really believed that LE would focus solely on the school and the surrounding woods, like they did the first few days. I don't think she really thought they would even look at her, much less focus on her like this.

Now she's between a rock and a hard place. Should she continue the "innocent bystander" ruse, or should she lawyer up? I bet trying to make that decision is keeping her awake at night. She's now in a darned if you do/darned if you don't situation that I do not think she ever envisioned or planned for.

LOL........within the last two days, both one of my friends and my niece posted play by plays of one of their daughters swim meets and the other daughters softball game on their FB....WHILE they were there!!!!!! By the next time I clicked open my account BOTH of them had pictures of the events posted. Are you saying that I should therefore by doing a check on the well fare of these two girls???

Her whining about being asked questions about Kryron who is missing is right up there with telling her FB friends she's hitting the gym, in my opinion.

Something is very wrong and the only reason for a second polygraph, is that something wasn't right with the first one, imo.
Or maybe the investigation has revealed new information that they can ask her about and see if her answers are truthful.

FB got her caught. If she never posted she, IMO, would have got off scott free.

LOL........within the last two days, both one of my friends and my niece posted play by plays of one of their daughters swim meets and the other daughters softball game on their FB....WHILE they were there!!!!!! By the next time I clicked open my account BOTH of them had pictures of the events posted. Are you saying that I should therefore by doing a check on the well fare of these two girls???

No. I didn't mean that at all. I was just interested in the time she posted the picture on Facebook.

Now she's between a rock and a hard place. Should she continue the "innocent bystander" ruse, or should she lawyer up? I bet trying to make that decision is keeping her awake at night. She's now in a darned if you do/darned if you don't situation that I do not think she ever envisioned or planned for.

I agree. She is not under arrest, so if she gets a lawyer and clams up, how is she going to explain that to her husband and to Kyron's other set of parents? She would have to leave their presence and go stay with friends or something. If she took the plunge and did that, I doubt her husband would let her take the baby with her.

Apparantly there was no alarm when the teacher marked him absent.I really don't think it had anything to do with the teacher having hard of hearing and heard it wrong.I feel and believe the teacher thought it was for friday the 4th for a reason.Did the paper work have the date the appointment was suppose to be on it?

I'm also very curious of what this Dr appointment was for and what time was it going to be for.

If school was out for the summer the following week, why schedule a doctor's appointment for one of the last days of school? She had all summer to take him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back