TX - Officer Craig Shaw, 37, killed in Lancaster shootout, 20 June 2010

Dallasdon

I start off slow, then taper off....
Reaction score
A police officer and two other men, including Dallas Police Chief David Brown's adult son, were fatally shot Sunday night at an apartment complex.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ws/stories/062110dnmetlancaster.c20ebd52.html

We don't know yet if the Police Chief's son was killed by an officer in the shootout that killed a Police Officer, or was killed in the initial shooting that the police responded to.

I'm sure they already know, so the fact that they aren't saying may be telling.

I'm sure information and details about this are going to be SLOOOWWW in coming out...A lot is at stake here for Dallas County.

Folks must be losing their minds. There was a shooting out here last night, as well. A juvenile court judge was shot by her husband, who then turned the gun on himself.

The son of Dallas Police Chief David Brown killed a Lancaster police officer and another man during a Sunday melee that left three people dead, according to a law enforcement official.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...ws/stories/062110dnmetlancaster.c20ebd52.html

Sounds like the Police Chief's son was killed by an officer AND also killed an officer.

The new Dallas Chief of Police has had his share of tragedies.

- His son (that shot the officer Craig Shaw, a five-year veteran of the Lancaster police force, 37, a father of two; and Jeremy McMillan) was arrested in 2003 on suspicion of selling marijuana.

- His younger brother, Kelvin Brown, was killed in the Phoenix area by drug dealers.

- His police academy classmate and former partner Walter Williams was fatally shot in the line of duty.

It is unclear to me whether the person who shot the officer was the chief's son or if the other guy shot the cop and the chief's son was accidentally shot by officers returning fire. The articles I've seen so far seem to be purposefully vague.

We are fortunate that no others were shot. Apartment complexes are full of innocent bystanders, especially on a Sunday afternoon. It would be hard to return fire safely, but the cops had to do it anyway. The original shooter executed the officer while he was still in his car; if they hadn't returned fire immediately, he might have escaped and killed others or grabbed a hostage in an apartment! I see no easy solution when someone starts shooting in an area with so many people and families around.

This is going to hit a lot of cops real hard. It is just horrible for all involved.

The son of Dallas Police Chief David Brown killed a Lancaster police officer and another man during a Sunday melee that left three people dead, according to a law enforcement official.

Sounds like the Police Chief's son was killed by an officer AND also killed an officer.

This article has updated info. Looks like the chief's son was the shooter:

"McMillian, a family man with two jobs and no criminal history, was accompanied by his wife, an infant and another small child. They were headed to his sister’s house for Father’s Day dinner. "
... "Brown approached the driver’s side and fired a couple of rounds, striking McMillian in the neck and head. The gunman fired several times more at the driver’s side of the car, narrowly missing McMillian’s wife and children."
..."After shooting McMillian, Brown stalked back and forth to his apartment at least twice, the law enforcement source said. Brown eventually retrieved a rifle from the trunk of a Dodge Stratus, then got into the Stratus."
..."As sirens began to sound with the approach of police, and as bystanders were yelling and screaming, he backed the car out and began to leave the apartment complex.
Shaw, the first officer there, tried to stop Stratus after witnesses told him the shooter was driving away, the law enforcement source said.
Brown then stopped, got out of his car, and fired at the officer’s car.
Shaw returned fire, firing many rounds.
It is not clear if Brown was hit at that point, the law enforcement source said. Brown then got back in the car and began firing again from inside the vehicle.
Shaw was hit in the head.
Other officers, who by then had arrived on the scene, returned fire, striking the Brown repeatedly. He died at the scene. "

---------------------------------------------------------------------

(I snipped parts of the article to avoid copying too much.)

Lancaster police didn't arrest Dallas chief's son in incident before shootings

Hours before David Brown Jr. killed two men, including a Lancaster officer,
live-in girlfriend of Dallas Police Chief David Brown’s son made a frantic call
to Lancaster police, telling them that her boyfriend had had a “psychotic
breakdown,” had hit her and had thrown her out of their apartment.

Lancaster police did not arrest Brown.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon.../stories/062210dnmetlanshooting.cbda3d62.html

Wait...the GF calls to say the man HIT her, and he was running around spouting gibberish about God and threatening their children with a belt and, later, people at the pool...pointing a GUN at someone at the pool...singing in his underwear...

And he didn't get arrested, or even detained, for anything.

The big blue shield at work again, and more lives lost. What a waste.

Prayers to Officer Shaw and his family...I had the pleasure of knowing this man....his fatal flaw was being so darn tall.

I am just so sad. :(

Decision to use on-duty officers for funeral procession of David Brown Jr. spurs outrage

David Brown Jr., who killed a Lancaster police officer and an innocent bystander on June 20th, was buried in Lincoln Memorial Cemetery in Dallas.

"The Dallas Police Association is appalled that the Dallas Police Dept would provide an honor that is reserved for officers killed in the line of duty for a private citizen that killed another officer," the statement said.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/06/decision-to-use-on-duty-office.html

This just came out as breaking news here

An autopsy has revealed that David Brown Jr., the son of the Dallas police chief, had PCP in his system when he killed a Lancaster police officer and another man.

Dallasnews.com

This just came out as breaking news here

An autopsy has revealed that David Brown Jr., the son of the Dallas police chief, had PCP in his system when he killed a Lancaster police officer and another man.

Dallasnews.com

That might explain why he was running around the pool singing in his underwear. :dance:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back