Did a Serial Killer/Pedophile Hit 32 Years Later?

DMansMom

Reaction score
So, I'm quite new so please forgive if this case (http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news/story.php?story_id=127604789675353300) has been discussed and analyzed here extensively. But, has anyone considered that a predator was lying in wait for 32 years in the Portland, Ore. area to abduct another child again? Based on this link, LE never conclusively put behind bars the person(s) who threw Stacie into Sun Dial Beach for dead in 1978.

Could he/she have decide to perpetrate another crime (Kyron) against another young victim? What are your thoughts? Is this abduction from an elementary school too close in proximity and methodically to have been a coincidence (if we believe that K was abducted at all)?

While I do believe the abductor was not immediate family to Kyron, I don't think that there's enough evidence released from the investigation to tie Kyron's abduction to any similar cases.

Furthermore, statistics are not in favor of this - given the general range in age of male stranger abductors, the abductor, if the same, would be an outlier. While it's a slim possibility, I'm doubtful it was the same abductor. Still, it's a good comparison and good to keep in mind when people want to focus solely on the family - abductions by stranger from schools can happen.

So, I'm quite new so please forgive if this case (http://www.theoutlookonline.com/news/story.php?story_id=127604789675353300) has been discussed and analyzed here extensively. But, has anyone considered that a predator was lying in wait for 32 years in the Portland, Ore. area to abduct another child again? Based on this link, LE never conclusively put behind bars the person(s) who threw Stacie into Sun Dial Beach for dead in 1978.

Could he/she have decide to perpetrate another crime (Kyron) against another young victim? What are your thoughts? Is this abduction from an elementary school too close in proximity and methodically to have been a coincidence (if we believe that K was abducted at all)?

Very intresting and the case is similar, both children came missing from inside the school, and both were second graders, unless the perp back in this case was a teenager he would likely be a MUCH older male now and with the motive appearing to be sexual with a girl, I feel that its not connected and LE feels this is an isolated case.
But who knows, it is still very intresting considering the similar circumstances. What about the possability it may be someone who studied this case?

It seems like a very long latency period. However, other cases show that a seeming lull in criminal incidents can be due to many factors.

If the perpetrator was arrested for some crime shortly after the incident with SW, he may have been in prison. Given the length of time, it would almost certainly have to have been a violent crime such as murder.

Some serial killers have gone through long periods where they stopped killing. They start a relationship, experience a religious conversion or some such event that somehow stops them for a long period of time.

While such a long latency could be due to having moved away from the area but continuing to offend elsewhere, stranger abductions from schools are sufficiently rare that I think another one would have been mentioned in the media by now.

This whole case is so strange, so baffling, it begins to seem like anything is possible.

Very intresting and the case is similar, both children came missing from inside the school, and both were second graders, unless the perp back in this case was a teenager he would likely be a MUCH older male now and with the motive appearing to be sexual with a girl, I feel that its not connected and LE feels this is an isolated case.
But who knows, it is still very intresting considering the similar circumstances. What about the possability it may be someone who studied this case?
I just think that it is interesting that, for the rarity of a child to be abducted from a school, that it did indeed happen in the Portland area. I'm glad that Stacie was found alive. I would imagine that, it being in Portland, LE have interviewed her and her mom about the circumstances and tried to potentially find a connection to Kyron. No stone left unturned, as it would be.

I just think that it is interesting that, for the rarity of a child to be abducted from a school, that it did indeed happen in the Portland area. I'm glad that Stacie was found alive. I would imagine that, it being in Portland, LE have interviewed her and her mom about the circumstances and tried to potentially find a connection to Kyron. No stone left unturned, as it would be.

I totally agree and as the person above posted what if this person was in prison on a seperate crime and released recently. I wonder if we can look at people who were released recently from prison around this time frame.. I'll ask a mod.

Thanks for making me aware that this has happened before in the area. It is wonderful and a miracle that Stacie was found alive. It gives me hope for Kyron.

I don't really think there is a connection to this case. The length of time between the two crimes, the children's gender, and several other reasons makes it seem unlikely, but you never know because the person that did that to Stacie got away with it all this time.

Side Note: The need for cameras in every school should be a law now. All schools even preschools should have cameras. We protect our money with cameras at every ATM, and our children are alot more important. If only they had good cameras at Skyline School that day.

could this case have influenced thoughts and ideas with the perp of the current case?

could this case have influenced thoughts and ideas with the perp of the current case?

yup thats one thing I was thinking too. I think if people know of similar crimes in the area that it could have given them this idea, why not that person got away with it.

PS> Mods say at this point in time we can not sleuth innocent people on a theory, so......... What now????

Assuming the perp with Stacie was 20-3- years old then, he could be 52-62 years old today, and could easily be a grandparent..or the right age to pretend to be one...

Assuming the perp with Stacie was 20-3- years old then, he could be 52-62 years old today, and could easily be a grandparent..or the right age to pretend to be one...

I am shocked at how easy it was for this perp to gain access to Stacie and how easily she was convinced it was okay. I wonder if this is the same tactic that was used in Kyron's case. I could see someone saying, I need some help I am trying to get my grandsons electrical project set up, but I dont know where he ran off to could you help me get it out of the car, I'll pull up to the door...:banghead:

There are plenty of old geezer pedophiles and children are abducted from and molested in all locations, even inside department stores. It wouldn't be too hard to imagine one getting into a school and abducting a child, but how would an older abductor case out Kyron and then decide to get him at school. It would almost have to be a relative of a school worker or student and one who'd have to be waiting right outside Kyron's hallway just hoping a child would wander down the hall all alone since SM saw him going towards his classroom.

I hadn't thought of that but... yeah, sure could. Makes me shudder to think about, considering what SW went through and the fact that Kyron is still missing.

That is very fascinating. I was unaware of that Gresham case (before my time) and I'm so glad the girl was found alive and was able to move on with her life. If something like this happened to Kyron, I worry that even if he was dumped somewhere in the area alive, that he perished (the weather was not good in June) due to exposure and not being found in a timely fashion.

That is very fascinating. I was unaware of that Gresham case (before my time) and I'm so glad the girl was found alive and was able to move on with her life. If something like this happened to Kyron, I worry that even if he was dumped somewhere in the area alive, that he perished (the weather was not good in June) due to exposure and not being found in a timely fashion.

It sounds like Gresham's abductor didn't intend her to survive.

The Grim Sleeper. Yes. They don't know why he stopped.

IIRC, the Grim Sleeper took a break of about a decade. His first victim was in the 80s, not the 70s. But California has a lot of serial killers.

Consider another missing boy, also Kyrons age, from 1996, Crater Lake. His name was Samual.

This case has peeked my intrest so I started looking into it, apparently there were 2 other girls that also were abducted Ann Ellinwood and Stephanie Newsom, it was beleived that all three were related Stacy was left for dead and Stephanie Newsom was found murdered and from what I have found so far Ann was never found. Apparently this suddenly stopped, I wonder if the person who was involved got scared because Stacy survived or if he was arrested on soomething diffrent or if he died???????
Still looking but I think this is odd that 32 years later another school age child goes missing.

OPPS forgot to add the link
http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19780501&id=C24RAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4uEDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6642,80479

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back