Could Kyron Horman’s disappearance yet have a happy ending?

oxymoran

Reaction score
Like all of you, I pray every-day for Kyron’s well-being and prompt return. But as there seems to be nothing but stories suggesting foul play on the Web and in the rest of the media, as time passes, I find myself inevitably anticipating only bad news,

This thread is my attempt to stimulate more positive thinking, by allowing us to brainstorm possible explanations for Kyron’s absence which may yet shortly result in Kyron’s reappearance in good physical health.

This is not intended to be a Pollyanna exercise. Since Day 1, I have strongly believed that SM's behavior at least suggested she was not being up front. While it is easy to attribute evil motives, I also believe it is also possible to develop storylines that do not result in someone, who as far we know has never shown signs of violence, being the perpetrator of a heinous act against her stepson. In other words my goal is to reinterpret her behavior in a way that results in Kyron’s reappearance.

I will not use names beyond that which is already all over the professional media.

Where’s Kyron?
Kyron is currently exploring the Washington State wilderness in the hands of an Extended Family Member (EFM) that loves him and would do nothing to harm him physically. He is relishing his chance to learn more about the species he has studied in school. He is completely unaware that there is a massive search underway.

Kyron’s current companion is an EFM with an unusually strong relationship with the SM.

How do you explain SM’s behavior since Kyron went missing?

The SM’s role in this disappearance could have been nothing more than that of enabler.

The SM’s postings on social media have been her way of communicating with the EFM…allowing direct communication with plausible deniability.

Web postings on the day of the disappearance provided the EFM with updates on whether anyone at the school had yet recognized Kyron’s absence. The photo of Kyron with a CSI shirt could well be an in-joke. The EFM may also have a webpage which effectively allows for two-way, but asynchronous, communication

So How Did Kyron disappear?
As the SM told us, she left Kyron at school …and bought the EFM time by creating confusion in the mind of Kyron’s teacher about the timing of Kyron’s appointment.

With her inside knowledge of the school’s inadequate absence procedures, she told the EFM he would have at least 75 minutes to make the short journey across the Columbia River and into neighboring Washington State. If those 75 minutes extended to 180 minutes, the EFM could be as far as Seattle without the need to speed on Interstate 5.

If she did not get the call at the start of afternoon session, before the talent show, she figured the EFM could safely be anywhere in Washington State, before the alarm was sounded. Crossing the border into Canada though conceivable in the time-frame is far less likely as it could have led to unwanted border checks.

The EFM knew that by crossing state lines the chance of discovery was greatly minimized, there being far from seamless responses from different State LE's.

Of course, if Kyron who is a nervous sort of child reacted badly to his new circumstances, the plan allowed for the EFM to abort the operation on Day 1 by returning Kyron to a pre-agreed location near his home. Multiple drop-off times were prearranged.

What about the Cell Ping discrepancies alleged by Willamette Weekly?
With Kyron’s father being tech savvy, much of his knowledge has rubbed off on his wife, and she knew with suspicion immediately falling on her as the last person to see the child, she could give LE some busy work which would buy some time for the EFM.

SM’s Motives could range from altruism to greed
Spending much time online has led to the SM following a number of well-publicized missing children’s cases. She knew her coded messages to EFM on Facebook would immediately lead to her vilification in the media…but with her EFM agreeing to "take the fall" and with her involvement plausibly deniable due to use of coded communication, she knew that LE could never prove that she had conspired. Like several other vilified family members in recent cases, she knew that eventually she would receive a pay-off from the media as compensation for being wrongly accused.

But that wasn’t all …she could also hit the legal jackpot by suing the school district for failing to take adequate precautions to protect Kyron…a little bit of coaching to some of Kyron’s young friends could easily lead to some of the youngsters making statements to the media which would quickly paint the School district in a very bad light.

Of course, apart the financial payoff, Kyron’s disappearance is likely to lead to significant enhancement in school absence reporting. Maybe the ESM and SM have acted altruistically in an effort to bring about political change for the good of all schoolchildren. Maybe this idea was triggered by a flyer sent out by the school district only last may as part of its Safe Summer program.

EFM motives could range from altruism to anger

Why would the EFM take the fall? To allow the SM to get her payoff for one.

For another, maybe the idea was triggered by the continuing efforts of certain organizations to encourage parents to take advantage of anti-abduction kits. Such kits were being promoted for example at the recent Rose Festival in Portland. Interestingly one of the many not-for-profits promoting these kits is an organization sponsored by fraternal organizations. Several members of Kyron’s extended family may have held leadership positions in fraternal not-for-profits.

Less generously, maybe the recent criminal prosecution of a member of Kyron’s extended family has embittered other members of the extended family and led to a willingness in certain quarters to “stick it” to the authorities.

Who knows, but maybe due to declining health an older member of the extended family feels they have little to lose.

End Game.
After SM has been muddied enough by the media…Kyron will return from his extended vacation in the wilderness being dropped off at a location close to home…having been coached into keeping his mouth shut...giving the EFM plenty of time to prepare an exit.

In other words, just when all hope is fading…Kyron will reappear and reaffirm our belief that good things can happen!

Brainstorming
In the spirit of brainstorming , please challenge my storyline…and/or provide alternatives that also result in the ending for which we all pray!

....might want to fix spelling of name in thread title.....and perhaps move this to the existing theories thread??

....might want to fix spelling of name in thread title.....and perhaps move this to the existing theories thread??

Where is the theories thread? I can't find it. I thought it was deleted, but only because I can't find it anymore.

The theories thread was closed for more than one reason.

If you'd like to open a thread based on your theory as this poster has done, you may. Just make sure it follows TOS guidelines. :)

I wish this were true, but I have a feeling he is deceased and has been since that Friday.

JMO and I hope I'm wrong.

I wish we had reason to believe Kyron was OK and would be coming home soon, but it really doesn't look that way. I still hold out hope I'll see "FOUND SAFE" on his forum. If I were to log on and see that, someone would have to scrape me off the ceiling! It would be so wonderful to have such a miracle.

The first night he went missing I sat up all night and followed his case. I was so sure he would be found. I still can't believe they have not been able to locate any trace of him.

I think the police have known for some time they were not going to find him alive. There is no way they would call this an "isolated incident" and tell parents there is no need for extra precaution if they really thought that a perpetrator had been so brazen as to walk in off the street and abduct this little guy. I know that kind of thing does happen but obviously LE doesn't think that is the case.

He was taken by someone he knew and their intentions were unfortunately evil, bless his little heart. Either that or an accident happened while he was with a caregiver and he was mortally injured. I wish we knew when the appt. he was thought by his teacher to have had that day was and what the circumstances were. If that was ever clarified, I missed it.

Kelly

I wish we had reason to believe Kyron was OK and would be coming home soon, but it really doesn't look that way. I still hold out hope I'll see "FOUND SAFE" on his forum. If I were to log on and see that, someone would have to scrape me off the ceiling! It would be so wonderful to have such a miracle.

The first night he went missing I sat up all night and followed his case. I was so sure he would be found. I still can't believe they have not been able to locate any trace of him.

I think the police have known for some time they were not going to find him alive. There is no way they would call this an "isolated incident" and tell parents there is no need for extra precaution if they really thought that a perpetrator had been so brazen as to walk in off the street and abduct this little guy. I know that kind of thing does happen but obviously LE doesn't think that is the case.

He was taken by someone he knew and their intentions were unfortunately evil, bless his little heart. Either that or an accident happened while he was with a caregiver and he was mortally injured. I wish we knew when the appt. he was thought by his teacher to have had that day was and what the circumstances were. If that was ever clarified, I missed it.

Kelly

Kelly I know where you are coming from...which is exactly why I tried to lay out an alternative scenario in my Opening Post which is not only plausible but is also in my opinion consistent with the public statements made by LE. So far no one has pointed out any obvious flaws in the alternative scenario...

I logged off of this site yesterday for 24 hours as I was feeling lousy and having some health issues...but logged back on today and do not really see anything new at all, sadly. It is amazing that after three weeks, all we really have are theories as to what happened on that day. It is hard to wrap my mind around that fact.

I do not see a happy ending in this case. I know there have been the few and far-between examples of such, but far more of the other sort of outcome, where the child or person is never found, or is found deceased. I'm not basing my feelings on stats, just on a bad feeling in this particular case.

If anyone does have Kyron and a family member knows about it, I would hope they would be charged with a variety of crimes at this point. Kyron's disappearance has brought about a lot of grief, worry, expense, talk about new laws, school regulations and risk of life and/or injury to many searchers and LE personnel.

Jaycee Dugard and Elizabeth Smart are the exception and unfortunately not the rule. Same goes for Sean Hornbeck...

I feel like Kyron is no longer with us. I would love to be wrong though.

I like to believe that this was a situation that got out of hand and the person does not know how to bring Kyron back.

Where is Leonard Padilla when you need him, lol? Why cant someone say hey drop Kyron off at the nearest Gas Station and/or CVS no questions asked...

I wish this were true, but I have a feeling he is deceased and has been since that Friday.

JMO and I hope I'm wrong.

That or they got evidence that Friday to confirm he's no longer alive. :( Unfortunately the victims usually die within hours in these kinds of cases. Someone here did post actual percentages, I just can't recall.

Kaycee Duggard and Elizabeth Smart are the exception and unfortunately not the rule. Same goes for Sean Hornbeck...

I feel like Kyron is no longer with us. I would love to be wrong though.

jaycee dugard. please dont confuse her with kc even if its misspelled :)

add steven stayner to that list of the rare. better known as 'i know my name is steven'

There is always hope, look at Elizabeth Smart, Jaycee Dugard and Steven Stayner. The Stayner story is what I am hoping for as the guy as bad as he was took care of Steven to a degree, and dont hate me for saying that because I know how bad Parnell was and I know how bad the story is, his brother wound up becoming a killer and Steven was killed in a crash 7 years after he was home, but it still gives us hope that if a stranger took Kyron, they took him because they wanted a son and would not harm him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back