CA - Juliana Redding, 21, murdered, Santa Monica, 15 March 2008

March 18, 2008

Aspiring Model Found Dead in Santa Monica Apartment

santa-monica-model_murder.jpg
A mother's premonition can be strong and when Santa Monica resident Juliana Redding's mother called police after she hadn't heard from her for two days, Santa Monica officers found the 21-year-old aspiring model dead in her apartment. Santa Monica police Lieutenant Alex Padilla said it was unclear how long she was dead but did say it appeared that it was a result of an assault.
After moving to the area, Redding appeared in a small movie called Kathy T Gives Good Hoover where she met her ex-boyfriend, Greg Cipes, an actor who has appeared in various primetime TV shows. Cipes told KNBC that when they broke up, she "seemed unhappy" and said that she would call him every so often saying that "she was lonely and scared being in her apartment." Redding began to work at a strip club on Sunset Blvd. when they began to drift apart.
Police are treating her death as a homicide. Redding's body was discovered at 6:10 p.m. on Sunday at her apartment on the 1600 block of Centinela Avenue,
Photo provided to media

On Nancy Grace right now, investigators are now checking on a "trail of blood leading away from the apartment".

Hopefully, LE can get some good DNA here.

What a beautiful girl!

How sad that she began working in the strip clubs where she might have endangered herself.

"Kathy T Gives Good Hoover" doesn't really sound like a movie that would be a feature film in theatres if you catch my drift.... methinks she was involved in a bit of bad crowd.

"Kathy T Gives Good Hoover" doesn't really sound like a movie that would be a feature film in theatres if you catch my drift.... methinks she was involved in a bit of bad crowd.

It really is a feature film. Read the synopsis on the link below at IMDB.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/17/grace.coldcase.redding/index.html

This part of the article intrigues me:
"We believe the police are doing what they can to solve this case, but we really prefer no media attention," her mother said.

I am assuming she does not want the media to focus it's attention on her family....

The police are holding the cards very close in this case-No COD released, no indication if there was SA, no crime scene info....they appear to have enough evidence to convict someone, but the someone is unknown.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/02/17/grace.coldcase.redding/index.html

This part of the article intrigues me:
"We believe the police are doing what they can to solve this case, but we really prefer no media attention," her mother said.

I am assuming she does not want the media to focus it's attention on her family....

The police are holding the cards very close in this case-No COD released, no indication if there was SA, no crime scene info....they appear to have enough evidence to convict someone, but the someone is unknown.

I can understand that. I think I would definitely feel that way. I hope this case is solved soon.

In April of this year, 2010:

Judge dismisses charges against sprint car racer Case

* By Raul Hernandez
* Ventura County Star
* Posted April 14, 2010 at 1:24 p.m.

snips

- "Criminal charges against 34-year-old sprint car racer Ronnie Case of Camarillo were dismissed Wednesday in Ventura County Superior Court."
- "He said the District Attorney’s Office believed it couldn’t prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt."
- "Court records show that Case was charged with several felonies, including forcible rape, sodomy by use of force, unlawful sexual intercourse and misdemeanor sexual battery. Case pleaded not guilty."

"Case’s lawyer, Susan Yu of Los Angeles, said she was happy the district attorney dismissed the charges. “We are very pleased with the result,” she said."

"Case was accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old teen at his home in 2006 when she was there with a friend and the friend’s boyfriend, according to prosecutors. Case had parties at the house, inviting people, some underage, who followed him around during various racing events, according to the District Attorney’s Office."

Another article is at:
http://camarillo365.com/superior-co...sault-charges-against-local-sprint-car-racer/

A Camarillo woman was charged Monday in the slaying two years ago of an aspiring model who was found dead in her Santa Monica condo.
At a courthouse near Los Angeles International Airport on Monday afternoon, L.A. County prosecutors formally charged Kelly Soo Park, 44, in the 2008 killing of Juliana Redding, 21.
Park’s roommate, Ronnie Wayne Case, 34, had also been arrested by Santa Monica police detectives, but the district attorney’s office declined Monday to charge him, pending further investigation. Authorities remained tight-lipped about Park’s connection to the slain model or any potential motive, saying detectives may still be tracking other suspects

More at link:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/06/woman-charged-in-slaying-of-santa-monica-model.html

Wow! Possible murder for hire?! :eek:

Prosecutors reveal payments to suspect in model's killing

Kelly Soo Park, accused in the slaying of the young woman, received hundreds of thousands of dollars from a business associate of the victim's father, authorities say.

June 26, 2010

The case against a woman charged with murdering an aspiring model in Santa Monica took an intriguing turn Friday, when prosecutors alleged that the suspect received hundreds of thousands of dollars from a troubled physician who was in a foundering business deal with the victim's father.

Kelly Soo Park, 44, was paid $250,000 three weeks before the grisly 2008 killing of Juliana Redding and Park's family received another payment of $113,400 in the days before her arrest June 18, prosecutors said in a motion filed Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

The money, they said, came from Park's employer, Dr. Munir Uwaydah, a Marina del Rey doctor with a checkered past. Law enforcement authorities have declined to discuss the financial transactions and what role, if any, they believe Uwaydah played in the killing.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-model-slaying-20100626,0,7920655.story

Wow! Possible murder for hire?! :eek:

Prosecutors reveal payments to suspect in model's killing

Kelly Soo Park, accused in the slaying of the young woman, received hundreds of thousands of dollars from a business associate of the victim's father, authorities say.

June 26, 2010

The case against a woman charged with murdering an aspiring model in Santa Monica took an intriguing turn Friday, when prosecutors alleged that the suspect received hundreds of thousands of dollars from a troubled physician who was in a foundering business deal with the victim's father.

Kelly Soo Park, 44, was paid $250,000 three weeks before the grisly 2008 killing of Juliana Redding and Park's family received another payment of $113,400 in the days before her arrest June 18, prosecutors said in a motion filed Friday in Los Angeles County Superior Court.

The money, they said, came from Park's employer, Dr. Munir Uwaydah, a Marina del Rey doctor with a checkered past. Law enforcement authorities have declined to discuss the financial transactions and what role, if any, they believe Uwaydah played in the killing.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<more at link>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-model-slaying-20100626,0,7920655.story

Well we now know the anonymous commenter at the end of previous articles was correct AND we know why the victims mother requested NO media attention..........WOW what a strange turn of events.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back