2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
The family released all those pictures (130 or so) and there was Kaine, Tony, Desiree, but not Terri in any of them.
I tend to think in pictures, and that told me a story.

I was still surprised by the divorce news. I would have thought Kaine would hold off so the focus wouldn't go even farther away from Kyron.

This is why I think they know now where Kyron is or have reason to believe they will find him soon. I don't believe Kaine would take the focus off of Kyron unless the focus no longer needed to be Kyron. :'(

I don't really have a problem with the restraining order. If they have evidence of TH being untruthful, thereby endangering Kyron in anyway, seems to me the RO would be easy to get to protect the baby. But, I am not a lawyer and have no idea.

I don't think there will be an arrest tonight. I think this was done now based on that evidence of Terri being untruthful and was done in this way to apply a huge amount of pressure on her, to surprise her and leave her alone with her parents. I think that LE or Kain called Terri's dad to come before this happened to keep her from harming herself and to give her people, her parents, to talk to, in hopes she decides to 'do what is right.' I can't imagine parents suggesting anything else would be appropriate.

Perhaps the interviews were done to apply pressure as well as keep the search for Kyron in the news. Kain was so very careful with his words, and as mentioned above, the pictures.

Come on Terri. Do what is right.

Well, I posted a page or two back, that I don't believe Kaine would take the focus off of Kyron unless Kyron no longer needed to be the focus -- but rather justice for whatever happened to him.

Also, think of this: would Kaine even consider breaking up the family at a time when his son could still come home (at this point after a horrifying ordeal -- no matter what happened to him), and have him come back to a broken home? No way. Something HUGE developed to make him realize that the baby wasn't safe and that Kyron is no longer with us, IMOO.
Honestly,It all looks planned to me.

I've never been divorced but to my knowledge seeking a restraining order is not a typical thing to do as part of the process.
i have been divorced twice and there was no RO attached to either one. it might be automatic in some states though.

If you have a child and were married you would have every right to get up,
put your child in the car and leave. If your spouse did not agree with it he/she could go to court and have a judge decide whos custody the child should be in.

ETA: That said, your spouse could also come take the child back from you if he/she knew where you were and did not harm the child in doing so. Thats the equal right. But, if one parent is unstable you could certainly get an emergency order to keep the other parent from attempting to take the child. IMO, that is probably what is going on here but I don't think we really know for sure.

I agree with that...and while none of us will know for sure until we see the RO, I think it's clear based on the circumstances and family statement that the RO is based on concern for the bio minor child....jmho

I just had a positive thought what if Kyron has been found safely and told that SM was holding him, because they needed to get the daughter away from SM it wasnt announced and now the judge has granted the restranng order and were waiting to arrest her til the baby was safe.
Once again just speculating at the possabilities here. It may not be anything bad about Kyron, it could be good. I know its far fetched but please keep the positive energy gong guys, miricles can happen.

Ever since this news broke today, my mind immediately went to the fact that "Kaine has moved out with his/their 18 mos old daughter". He filed for divorce, put a restraining order on Terri, physically has their daughter, and so on. Kaine & Desiree were interviewed, they stood/sat together, we could all see they were in agreement with one another during the questioning, both showing deep despair. A statement is released authorised by Desiree, Kaine & Tony, obviously omitting Terri.

The big question is: Did something happen in that house?

IMO, Terri doesn't work (subs once in awhile & volunteers to read to the younger students at Skyline), Kaine does work a full time job, so obviously Kaine pays the mortgage. Kaine can afford the mortgage, daycare, food, etc. Terri could have moved in with her parents, afterall it was sure ok for her son to move in with them a few months ago before he eventually moved in with his bio dad... So, why couldn't Terri just move in with her parents & Kaine stay in the House with the baby?

I thought about that too. If something happened in the house, I think the police would be back there and the media would be all over that. If forensic evidence was removed from the house, there would likely be footage somewhere of boxes being removed. From what I remember, their computers weren't even taken. I found it a little odd that she isn't the person leaving to be with her parents and instead Kaine has left with the baby.

I am understanding that Terri's elderly Dad, maybe 72 years old is now with Terri? So now we have fragile older people being put in the middle of this . A child who spends all her time with her mother taken from her care.

They better have some good evidence against SM to cause all this heartache.

Well, I posted a page or two back, that I don't believe Kaine would take the focus off of Kyron unless Kyron no longer needed to be the focus -- but rather justice for whatever happened to him.

Also, think of this: would Kaine even consider breaking up the family at a time when his son could still come home (at this point after a horrifying ordeal -- no matter what happened to him), and have him come back to a broken home? No way. Something HUGE developed to make him realize that the baby wasn't safe and that Kyron is no longer with us, IMOO.

BBM

I think he would if he had made that decision before Kyron went missing (which I think he had ... JMO). If he felt that the best environment for K and K did not include Terri, then he would still feel that way even if Kyron could still come home and certainly if there is no possibility of that.

Also, I think KH, TY and DY know much more than we do.

The judge granted the restraining order quick, is that normal, I thought there had to be a court date.. Why would a judge issue a restrainng order so fast?

The Judge only would grant a temporary restraining order, but there must be so very compelling stuff written up for that Judge to issue it, especially given the child. A hearing should be set for about 14 days out where TH and KH will both have their say in front of the Judge and at that time the Judge will decide if it needs to be a permanent RO for Kaine and the babe .....

Have you ever attempted to retain a criminal attorney? This woman doesn't have a job. Her assets are not really hers to sell/dump. So long as she's not charged with anything, she doesn't have access to a court appointed attorney. She is in trouble. Maybe her parents have money.

she's got a brand new mustang - that should be good for at least a retainer :waitasec:

I find it hard to believe that Kaine would do something so obviously distracting from Kyron... if it wasn't connected to Kyron. If he was doing this because she cheated, or from previous issues... he would wait until Kyron was found. There is no way he would do it now, when he knew it would blow up and completely distract from the investigation.

If he WANTED this to be what everyone focused on, instead of trying to figure out the investigation...then maybe that is different...

That's my reaction too. I found it odd, with everything going on, that he would make it a priority to go find a divorce attorney and file papers, unless there was some urgency. For me, it would be low priority until Kyron was found. The only reason I could think of to do it on this timeline would be for custody purposes, if he felt the need to get the baby away from her.

The judge granted the restraining order quick, is that normal, I thought there had to be a court date.. Why would a judge issue a restrainng order so fast?

It could of been a emergency restraining order, which means KH could of walked into court this morning to get one with or without a attorney .... IMO IMO IMO IMO IMO

I am understanding that Terri's elderly Dad, maybe 72 years old is now with Terri? So now we have fragile older people being put in the middle of this . A child who spends all her time with her mother taken from her care.

They better have some good evidence against SM to cause all this heartache.

Do we know he is fragile? He did not strike me as such but I only saw photos of him. TIA

Beyond Belief do you have a link please? Thanks.......

They do it all the time but they are temporary, usually 2 weeks so until a hearing.

Why would anyone file for divorce in the middle of this tragedy? Out of rage? Out of a 'get even' attitude? To complete what was started months ago? A crumbling marriage? To remove his daughter?

For me, I would be so exhausted, filled with pain, grieving, that divorce would not be something I could tackle mentally, emotionally, or physically. moo mho and all that stuff.

I'm sure I am showing a huge amount of ignorance here, but: if there is an RO on the SM, would that also keep SM's parents from getting the baby? (I'm trying to think of reasons why there might of been a RO even if Kaine knows she's going to be arrested.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard