2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a tiny bit of suspicion too about Kaine!! I'd like to know why Desiree filed a RO against him a few years ago!

People, in general, and I include myself in this, like for things to be black and white because it makes life easier to deal with, but real life is incredibly, horribly, frustratingly messy.

I think it's easier to paint Terri as a narcissist or say she is using steroids and snapped or any number of things as a way to explain what happened to this poor child, but what if Terri gained weight and Kaine tormented her about it or what if he was verbally, mentally, and/or physically abusive? Prior to this incident, there was certainly no love lost between Desiree and Kaine, and I think it's rather telling that she left him while she was pregnant and eventually filed an RO against him.

I personally don't think Kaine had anything to do with Kyron's disappearance, but that doesn't mean he's a good person, either.

Geez this thread is moving so fast I still cant read from the beginning and have to read backwards can anyone give me a recap other than the restraining order and divorce was anything else said or done that is important?

I've got voices on the live feed now. warm up.

Now I've got make up happening. LOL.

Im watching KGW now and there is the scenery but it's just the reporter talking off camera...about dropping the feed?!?!

does anyone else have talking on the livestream? she doesn't know she is talking live I think

There are different types of restraining orders. Does anyone know for sure that Kaine got a "no contact" restraining order?

The other type of restraining order that would be pertinent in a divorce case is an order that prohibits one or both parents from removing the child(ren) from the custody of the other parent. It is so that one parent can't just grab the child(ren) and move out of state or disappear.

When a friend of mine filed for divorce, her lawyer advised her to get a restraining order for custody issues. She said her soon-to-be ex was a great father, very involved with their children. And that was why her lawyer told her to get the restraining order; he felt there was an increased chance that such an involved parent might be tempted to remove the children from her immediate vicinity.

The order did not prohibit him from visiting the children, it only restricted him from removing them from their home without permission from the mother.

As I recall from the Willamette Week, Desiree Young took out exactly this type of restraining order against Kaine Horman. So Kaine knows about this type of order and may well be more likely to use it than the average person filing for divorce.

I haven't been able to find the text of the order anywhere yet. There is a link in the news thread that quotes a source as saying the order was for the protection of their child.

Someone is talking at that live link. I don't think she knows the mic is open :eek:

KGW is live now.

Welcometothegroupodddogs.gif

Thank you.

Larry King.........jane VM just was talking of photo being photoshopped.
AND TH computer!!! LE or dad go on her coputer and find something????
Dad is an Itell tech, right?

Oh, she is getting pretty for me, I better straighten my tie.

I like the KGW live stream a lot. If you leave it on, you can watch them tape the promos and sometimes they leave the audio and/or visual on by accident and you can hear/see all kinds of stuff.

I watched them tape the promo for tonight about TH speaking out. The reporter was reading it for the first time when it was taped, and immediately after that she looked startled and said, "Really? She spoke out?"

I'm reading that and there is a thread suggesting TH was posting under a certain username re the case...it's interesting to say the least:waitasec:

I must admit, I am curious about this hint, but if you are referring to a nic here on WS, sleuthing out fellow members is against the TOS... and, specifically, if it refers to a certain [one], I think that was specifically labelled a no-no by a mod.

However, I can't deny I am interested...

ETA: OK, just saw your above post, and I see it doesn't refer to a WS hat. TY.

FOX 12 still has traffic but KGW has a reporter primping on camera.

huh? granted i've never been married much less divorced, but how is filing a restraining order normal unless there's feared violence?

Unless there is a custody decree in place, either parent of a child can take that child anywhere.

It takes months to get a custody decree if either side contests it.

A restraining order can keep either parent from removing the child(ren) without permission from the other parent. It doesn't prohibit either parent from seeing the children, it just keeps them from unilaterally deciding the issue of custody.

Kaine Horman had just such a restraining order filed against him by Desiree; the judge granted the order against both parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288