2010.06.28 - Kyron's Dad files for divorce and restraining order

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC Good Morning America

Kyron Horman's Father Said to File for Divorce, Restraining Order Against Wife
Kyron Horman's Stepmother Was Last Person to See Second-Grader Alive
June 29, 2010

Article: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/article/k...er-files-divorce-stepmother/story?id=11040606

Video: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/missing-kyrons-dad-files-divorce-11041000

CBS Early Show

Kryon Horman's Father, Stepmom Split

Video: http://www.cbs.com/daytime/the_earl...d_Z7DpYV9eyEGoS_4qQ8JqDf&vs=Default&play=true

NBC Today Show

Father of missing Oregon boy files for divorce
updated 55 minutes ago

Article: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37992992/ns/today-today_people/

Video: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/37992883#37992883

This morning's update from KOIN:

Father of missing Oregon boy files for divorce

Last Update: 5:43 am

http://www.koinlocal6.com/news/nati...files-for-divorce/44LbfxrhykmqnbIrYdedeQ.cspx

This morning's update from KATU:

Divorce papers, restraining order put spotlight on stepmother
Story Updated: Jun 29, 2010 at 6:16 AM PDT

http://www.katu.com/news/local/97360254.html

Oh. My. GOD. I guess this tells us what he believes in his heart! OMG!!!!! My mouth dropped.

My divorce and RO were filed in 1 day, here in Oregon.

Wondering when he actually filed for the RO and Divorce. Can that all be done in one day? Or was this something in the works last week? Does anyone know or have any speculation?

I can see the divorce has been filed, but there is no restraining order filed, that I can see. It is rather strange that when doing a statewide search that not everything is pulling up on Kaine (not even this divorce filing). When I do a search by Multnomah County the divorce filing does pull up. Nothing has been added to it, since I posted the info last night. Nothing whatsoever is posted about the RO. Not in any county. I tried pulling up my RO the same ways and it shows up everytime. Unless they still haven't put it in the records, maybe the RO hasn't been filed.

Where is the source for the RO?

BBM
http://www.katu.com/news/local/97360254.html

PORTLAND, Ore. - The father of missing Skyline School second-grader Kyron Horman has filed for divorce from his wife Terri Moulton Horman and was granted a restraining order against her, a source confirmed to KATU News Monday night.

The source also confirmed that Kaine Horman has moved out of the family’s house.

The source said the restraining order is a physical restraining order that is meant to protect the couple’s 18-month-old daughter, K.
Someone mentioned that it would be ironic and maybe scary is Kyron's bio mom was caring for Terri's daughter. Well, I have to say, that no matter what has happened, baby K is a COMPLETELY INNOCENT VICTIM here! I really do not believe that BM would take it out on the innocent baby.

Can you imagine how baby K is handling all of this? She's very used to being w/ her mother all the time since her mom is a SAHM. Baby K must be going through separation anxiety as well. Poor baby!!!

I know LE needs to do their thing right, but boy do I want details and for Kyron to be found!!!

Wondering when he actually filed for the RO and Divorce. Can that all be done in one day? Or was this something in the works last week? Does anyone know or have any speculation?

I can see the divorce has been filed, but there is no restraining order filed, that I can see. It is rather strange that when doing a statewide search that not everything is pulling up on Kaine (not even this divorce filing). When I do a search by Multnomah County the divorce filing does pull up. Nothing has been added to it, since I posted the info last night. Nothing whatsoever is posted about the RO. Not in any county. I tried pulling up my RO the same ways and it shows up everytime. Unless they still haven't put it in the records, maybe the RO hasn't been filed.

Thanks, ClueMeIn. Makes me wonder if there really is an RO?

I would suggest everyone read this. Minor names continue to be used and if news breaks and you are on time out it isn't going to be comfortable.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107944"]Everyone Please Read - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

This includes when you do a cut and paste. Remove the minor's name! We have been saying this for weeks.

So the Kaine had to have heard something in between now and the last presser right????????

As the family statement read "the family has been completely briefed" and an article stated Kaine had been with the police most of the day, while another article quoted a friend as saying the police advised Kaine to take the baby and move out, it is only fair to assume the police provided reasons why the baby was in danger.

I doubt the police advised Kaine to get a divorce. And, it is clear that Kaine filed for the restraining order and not the police department, something the police can do on behalf of a person or persons which is called an Emergency Protective Order in the State of California.

An emergency protective order remains in effect until a hearing takes place (generally three weeks later) to allow time for the restrained person to be served with the documents, file their response and declaration and have the petitioner served.

Even though I want to believe that doesn't have anything to do with his son's disappearence and it is all TH, apart of me feels like the timing of all of this is off. I feel like even if he doesn't have direct knowledge of what happened to his son, he may have indirect knowledge of abuse, etc. and is trying to distance himself from TH to make himself look better. It reminds me a little bit of Ronald Cummings divorcing Misty Croslin.

I'm wondering if they got a partial soil match or something from tires....like not enough to arrest her, but enough to tell Kaine that it was consistent with soil on the island? Just an idea. They had to have something on her but not enough to arrest her....YET!

Funny.

TH is not going to hurt her biological daughter. This was never about her. As far as suicide - TH loves herself too much for that to happen.

I would agree with this, except for the fact that a lot of really controlled people kill themselves if they feel they are losing control, and parents of this type often feel that their children simply cannot survive without them - hence murder-suicide - "It's kinder to take the baby with me into death" type of thing.

So, I guess all I'm saying is that it isn't just timid folks one has to worry about in regards to suicide, so safety first. MOO.

Young described her boy as very timid and not prone to adventure.

In light of the divorce and RO filings as well Terri's name not being included on the Family's statement last night, I am starting to wonder if the above statement doesn't just scream out at us that something was wrong?

IF SM treated Kyron badly, that could very well cause him to be a very timid child. Surly Kyron would have said something to his BM & SD or his BD! Kaine HAD to see something between SM and Kyron IF she treated him unfairly. Has anything been released to add light to this area? IF this was going on why in the world did BM & SD not step in and seek custody??

My mind is swirling w/ so many "what if's". I just feel sick!!!

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/article/k...s-divorce-stepmother/story?id=11040606&page=2

If TH has impulse problems, she may attempt harm. Her "world" just fell apart...nevermind Kyron's (and everyone who loved him, and the rest of us). She prob. should be placed under observation to make sure she doens't harm herself and IF she is responsible, alive so she can answer for her actions.

IMO and in my experience (not me, but you know what I mean), someone vain and self-absorbed would rather die then spend life in prison.

I don't know if I buy the RO story. Maybe this is all like telephone, where one thing is said and it spreads like wildfire, and isn't very accurate, when it actually gets out.

Usually when the divorce posts in the public records, the restraining order is posted at the same time. I just wonder why it isn't there. I have half a mind to go to Multonomah County Courthouse and see the physical record myself. Or is that too stalkerish?

Respectfully snipped by me for length.

IF SM treated Kyron badly, that could very well cause him to be a very timid child. Surly Kyron would have said something to his BM & SD or his BD! Kaine HAD to see something between SM and Kyron IF she treated him unfairly. Has anything been released to add light to this area? IF this was going on why in the world did BM & SD not step in and seek custody??

Remember, she was in his life from birth, basically. IF that is the case, she could have conditioned him since his birth not to tell or something like that. Scary. At 14, I barely could talk about abusive behavior from stepmother...I was so scared of her and actually thought I deserved it!!!! Thank god my Mom saw bruising and called police - I don't know if I would have ever gotten up the courage. If I couldn't do it at 14, I doubt at 7 he could against a primary caregiver...I was terrified.

The restraining order could have been asked for under "Other Orders" on the child custody form.

I don't know if I buy the RO story. Maybe this is all like telephone, where one thing is said and it spreads like wildfire, and isn't very accurate, when it actually gets out.

Usually when the divorce posts in the public records, the restraining order is posted at the same time. I just wonder why it isn't there. I have half a mind to go to Multonomah County Courthouse and see the physical record myself. Or is that too stalkerish?

Could it be sealed because it involves a minor? Baby K? I have read this on several news reports as well as heard it on the TODAY show this morning.

I stopped trying to follow all the threads in this case last week because I was just getting too emotionally involved in it. I am shocked by this latest news. I just feel so sorry for Kyron and I'm very sad. Who was taking care of him? Who was protecting him? Apparently it wasn't the people who should have been or it wouldn't have come to this.

Thanks for this info. You know I mentioned a while back that I felt Terri left the school shortly after 8:15 am, after the assistant principal (I believe that is the person) saw her. I felt that by 8:45 am, Terri and Kyron were long gone. Given the facts above, if they are true, that would make sense that Terri could have already been on Sauvie Island by 8:45 am, not at the school as she wanted everyone to believe. I never did believe the 8:45 am story given by Terri. I always tried to point out we only had her word on the 8:45 am time frame. Looks like the truth will finally come out.
*my post above is based on the post below* I hope I linked it ok now.

You can view the article through Google cache without worrying about a virus. I have AVG and because this is simply a screen capture of the page, and not actually accessing the original article, people can go here without worry.

Here is the quote of interest:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...child’s+whereabouts,&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

Originally Posted by lightwaveryder
i just saw this.....

<insert link here please>

~lwr~

The restraining order is very troublesome. To me it indicates that Kaine has very real evidence that Terri could bring (or - gasp - has brought) harm to the baby.

That Terri was in the media claiming the split was a rumor indicates to me that Terri has been blindsided.

Perhaps Kaine got information from LE that made him immediately realize that he could no longer be married to Terri for another day.

What did you do to Kyron, Terri?

i just saw this.....

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...child’s+whereabouts,&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

~lwr~

Careful, my friends. The link above contains a virus. If you don't have anti-virus software on your computer and you have clicked on the link above, I suggest you get AVG Free free.avg.com and do a scan immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23