Terri Horman retains criminal defense attorney!

Yes, part of this site is for the missing, but not all of it. In this instance, Kyron's forum is in the "Crimes and Trials" section, not the "Missing" section, so there will mostly be discussion about the crime and the trial, if there is a trial.

... which would involve an alleged perpetrator who will be alleged to have committed an evil act against a child in her care. I'm not rejoicing at this new development.

Good public defenders are available to all. LE and the justice system are not running rough-shod over anyone in this case. There seems to be a lot of portraying a certain adult as a victim, which I think is odd, especially since LE acted so gently and personally with the family in the early part of the search.

Got to say, if I were Terri I would hire a criminal defense attorney too. All local and major news outlets are pointing fingers. If that is not writing on the wall to get an attorney, there never was any. Anything she says or does will be used against her, obviously. She needs an attorney now! These days you need an attorney for everything, and the way I see it, she needs one more than ever. Not a sign of guilt, just a necessity.

Also, could be a divorce attorney in that firm.

Just hoping that something is gonna break soon.

I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but why do you and others feel as if her retaining a lawyer is a good thing for finding answers to what happened to Kyron?

People get an attorney to protect themselves and to defend against accusations. Which is their constitutional right, but it's also a sign of hunkering down and ready to fight, not concede.

I don't think this means we are closer to finding Kyron at all. To me this just means she has a lawyer to protect her legal rights. That's about it.

I think it is a good thing because I am still on the fence as to her guilt. As little information as LE has given out, I am becoming nervous that they may not really have much and are now resorting to torture via media. If she is factually innocent, she has been put through a terrible ordeal basically for being a crass, somewhat "tone" deaf person.

Sometimes guilty people get defence lawyers to help them find a way to confess without just throwing themselves at the mercy of LE. So if TMH is guilty, this may be a sign she's getting ready to proffer information on Kyron's location in return for a plea bargain.

Finally, I believe that a good defence lawyer inspires LE to do their best work.

When all roads lead to Rome, one hires a criminal defense attorney.

No surprise.

Upside for SM.

Downside for LE, although they are to be congratulated for keeping her talking as long as she did.

Agreed. She saw the writing on the wall, and now has a defense attorney when/if the charges come down to fight for her. IF she was involved I don't see her ever telling the truth, but be more of a victim, and maybe as you said she'll claim it was an accident and "poor me panicked" or something in that vein. I still don't see her saying that much though, IF she is indeed involved.

BBM

IMO…. what we know about TH is that it seems to be in her nature to be highly vocal and NOT quiet, especially in extremely stressful situations. The confirmed postings on the internet, the visit with the WW reporter who showed up unannounced at her door, the denial to media that KH had moved out…..indicate to me a strong need to be very verbal. I think it will take a forceful attorney willing to assign a “sitter” to stay with TH 24/7 to insure she DOESN’T talk. They might also need to consider doing the same for her parents and her friends, who, let’s face it, have NOT helped her defense IF she is charged.

I don't have a link, but I am positive in the article where her friends are urging her to speak out, one of them said she was only 'silent' because KH wanted it that way. Now that makes me wonder why he wanted it that way? Why would he have felt it better to not talk to media? At the time, I was still thinking in terms of a kidnapper, perhaps contact with a kidnapper, and not wanting him to be panicked. But if that is NOT the case (assuming KH moved out because he became suspicious per se of TH), why did he want silence?

And then again...maybe the friends were just lieing or rather just taking the word of Terri who IMO is less than trustworthy. In all honesty I am not even sure Kaine knew what his wife was up to. He didnt seem to know she was on facebook and I doubt he knew she had been posting on that site either. Somehow I doubt he knew she okayed her friends to talk for her ( which actually damaged her imo)

MOO

I think maybe there's a difference between being verbal and telling bad information about oneself directly and on purpose (like confessing to something, deal-making, etc.) The internet postings and alleged statements of her alleged friends suggest someone who is feeling like a wronged victim. It doesn't paint her in a great light, so I imagine a good attorney will bring it to an end or manage it himself.

I have no idea what she's told LE or if or when she had stopped cooperating with them in the privacy of their interviews with her. Something blew on Saturday, obviously. She's entitled to representation, and it's good to hear he isn't a pontificating, media-hungry hot air bag we'll have to see a lot. But really, her lawyer is way down my list of concerns. I want them to find Kyron.

Maybe this attorney will be her representative at the 10 am presser???
Hold his own presser??? Be by her side at the presser???

OT... have we ever seen a picture of her with Kyron? Have we even heard her voice? TIA

One thing I can say from reading his web site, he isnt the type to not want to know if you are guilty, his web page shows many stories of people who plead guilty and he got them off relatively easy.......So maybe this means someone is ready to confess and make a deal.

I am afraid you might be on the right track, I hate the idea of a murderer "making a deal", but it happens all the time! Sad, isn't it?

OT... have we ever seen a picture of her with Kyron? Have we even heard her voice? TIA

In the original group of pictures (cbs album) there were quite a few pictures of the whole family, plus some with TH and Kyron both in them. I have gone back to get those by number several times before, but don't have time this morning as I have guests arriving shortly for the holiday weekend.

jmo

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire