2010.07.01 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that Jane and Nancy might be quite interesting tonight.... :waitasec:

Well that depends if they notice the allergy and birthmark being released a month later.

I am STUCK, so STUCK on hearing two key pieces about Kyron coming out a month later. Actually I am :furious:

I don't think I have ever followed a case where the behavior of the people involved was as difficult to interpret as this case. Everytime I think I might have a clue as to what is really being said "between the lines", it takes another sharp corner and disappears around the bend!

She said he's alive. There was no "I believe...", it was stated as fact. Are we supposed to take it as fact? Or simply as her hope (understandably so, of course).

The statement about Terri doesn't say she's not been cooperating, but they implore her to cooperate. IMO, this was said because of the news of Terri now being represented by an attorney.

Really hinky business today. PattyG is right. The new Kyron info should have been said first day!!

Media, who cares, you need all the media you can get. Don't pick and choose b/c of family favorites, too much gossip, whatever the reason. TAKE IT ALL!!

Off to see if video works for me, if so, will be back with more stuff I'm sure.

I think the police HAVE said what they think to the family. I think this was a way to essentially name her as a person of interest without the police actually having to do it.

I don't think for a second that they did this without LE's support. They called them to ask for guidance in answering the questions. The statement was written with LE's assistance. If she was NOT a person of interest they would have asked them to leave any mention of her out. It would have been a generic asking everyone to cooperate fully.

I think emphasizing they think he is still alive also could be part of the strategy. To cause Terri to think they believe that she would never hurt him. Let her guard down, help them find him and that she could then blame her "accomplice" if he was not alive. Or even come up with some other story where she had knowledge but didn't do it.

I think they said exactly what LE wanted them to say. I don't think it will work, but I think they are all working together. JMO.

Now I would like to know what they think Terri's motive would be in simply hiding him? Ransom of some kind? Snapping and killing him I can see. Hiding him is much more difficult to explain. :waitasec:

*bump*

TK71TEXAS:

Please tell me about your sig and pic. Makes me shiver.

"
As much as I would like to choke them sometimes, they are still my pride and joy. My biggest accomplishment yet!
"

my pride and joys are teenagers....i've raised them alone.....as much as pains in the asses they can be, i could never hurt them :waitasec:

Observational - Desiree got her hair permed.

No video of Tony or Kaine today?

ETA: N/M I see them at the silent end of the longer tape...

It probably doesn't help that the lady who manages the church is with them. Her reading comprehension skills suck and left that nasty message on the door for the Oregonian. Am I remembering correctly?

Yes! And oddly enough she also wrote her own article in that paper.... And then went on to post on their site "rules" for locals on how to handle and not talk to media.

I don't know, are you referring to Kaine being cotnrolling over the media? I think so many nasty rumors have been spilled they are truly trying to keep that under wraps... That or some giant elephant someone is trying to hide that they don't want out?

I think there's an elephant.

I'm confused (the biggest understatement right now). Why would Desiree and Kaine wait until Terri got herself the biggest hotshot lawyer to tell her she needs to start speaking up about Kyron? If they were so suspicious of her, why did they not demand answers from her when she was there amongst them? What changed?
What is causing them to think Kyron is alive somewhere after 3+ weeks (without telling the public about very important info r.e. Kyron's health and identification marks).

Well that depends if they notice the allergy and birthmark being released a month later.

I am STUCK, so STUCK on hearing two key pieces about Kyron coming out a month later. Actually I am :furious:

So am I.

A distinguishing mark on his forehead? Not on his back or leg or somewhere where it wouldn't be noticeable--- but his forehead.

And an allergy to bees? Hello ?????

WTH were these people thinking???

Well, after all this, I hope Terri comes out publicly and spills the beans...EVERYTHING she knows....

If they think he is still alive then why weren't they going on camera every day telling everyone to be on the lookout. Then to pick and choose what newspapers could report about their missing son....???a big WTF.

I hope one of the TRUSTED reporters tells everyone what was said.

blank blank blank...time out comments or better yet...getting kicked off of websleuths comments blank blank blank blank

Observational - Desiree got her hair permed.

No video of Tony or Kaine today?
I think her hair is naturally curly and it was straighten the other days. If you look back to the 1st one where her hair is pulled back it looks curley. IMO from another Curly hair girl

Maybe the oregan spilled some stuff the pass few days, before they wanted it out.

cluci, first off, I've found myself 'thumbsupping' lots of your posts; I like your thinking.

I was posting a reply to Emma's linked WW story when the power cut (grr) but I was basically saying 'WTF, my mouth is hanging open!'.

Now I'm irritated. It seems pretty screwy to me for the family to treat *the community* this way. The people who have been so supportive, financially, physically, emotionally, spiritually... why tell us to keep looking for Kyron, like he's going to be at a Walmart (if we had one) or the local pool? As if he's wandering around and it's just that no one has been astute enough to see him?

If there is a valid reason to keep an entire community on its toes, sincerely looking for a lost little boy that the collective 'we' have invested 4 weeks of our lives in.. well fine. Tell me. I'm happy to keep hope alive. But you've got to start to wonder if you're not just being asked to play the crazy game with them a while longer.
I think it's time for LE to add some context to this beyond what M.Wheat said.

Very well put...I fully agree!!!

I don't know, are you referring to Kaine being cotnrolling over the media? I think so many nasty rumors have been spilled they are truly trying to keep that under wraps... That or some giant elephant someone is trying to hide that they don't want out?

Sounds to me like being called a 'team player' means taking the focus off dad and his filing for divorce and RO and putting the focus on Terri as the person responsible. Seems that dad can't stand not controlling any and all discussion about himself - that alone, makes me suspicious of how he may fit into all of this - after all he is the father and has been with Kyron and Terri since Kyron was two yo. moo mho

This has probably been mentioned previously somewhere on this thread or the board, but this case just keeps getting more mysterious by the minute. It's like an episode of LOST, where with each news story comes more questions than answers. I am, like many, inclined to also believe the SM is the guilty party, but the family's actions as a whole are just different than the parents most child abduction cases I have seen on the news. I don't understand the lack of emotion from the BD (compared to for instance Somer Thompson and Haleigh Cumming's dad), or the certainty of BM that Kyron is still alive after 3 weeks (although I hope the same). And now the scripted twice a week news conferences where they take questions, come back with a scripted answer and where nothing can be reported unless they give their word (even though I don't really believe it's a hoax anymore it kind of reminds me of the media control of Balloon Boys parents). I don't know what to make of what's going on.

Source for news conference confusion: http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/07/01/kyron-hormans-family-boots-ww-and-the-oregonian/

I don't know exactly WHAT the purpose of "IT" was, but I think what they succeeded in doing was making a whole lotta eyes.......look at them.

Just watched. Um, wth?

Dad sure was guilty looking (hands in pocket, looking everywhere but at anyone or camera, licking lips a lot, fidgeting, looking at cell phone), mom well she did what they said but did not cry very well, step-dad was just there. Why the adamant finger pointing at TH? Where is the plea to Kyron, the we love you, we are here, (wherever that may be), drop him off somewhere, I could say more, but will not right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288