Landscaper says Terri Horman wanted him to kill her husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma,

The article I read said he had "hurt" her...not "cheated." I must have missed the article you are referencing. Can you dig it up for me?

I'm not Emma but the original stories that came out in the early morning did state because he had an intimate relationship with someone. Can't remember the exact wording. Through the day yesterday the stories evolved and changed. So I'm not finding the old stories either. Maybe in the first of these threads someone did a snip of that part of the story.

Is it fact that she's had no contact with her landscaper for seven months? I don't know if that has been verified or not and I can't believe that even the most irresponsible investigator would think that she wouldn't see through that LE trick.

LE's primary purpose in setting up this meeting may have been just to see if she would agree to meet with the guy. The fact that she was -- in the middle of an investigation re her missing stepson, and after "flunking" at least one lie detector test (I think this meeting came before the second LDT) -- confirms that: 1) yes, she knows the guy, and 2) yes, she can imagine needing to talk to him about things that couldn't be discussed over the phone.

So it eliminates any possibility of her claiming "I never met or even heard of this guy before", and leaves her needing to explain what she thought was important enough to meet with him for. Yard work? Nobody will buy that -- if he'd done any yard work for her before, all she needed to do was call and tell him to come do some more -- this is hardly the time to undertake some special yard project that would require meeting with him to look at the yard together.

And who knows what she said before she clammed up -- she may not really be able to remember, since she was nervous and on the spot due the unexpected additional person. But LE has the exchange on tape, and if whatever excuse she makes up to tell in court, about why she thought it made sense to have an in-person meeting with this guy at this point in her life, isn't consistent with the conversation on the tape, then they got some good evidence from this meeting. It's doubtful they went into it actually expecting she'd talk about her attempt to hire the yardman to do hitman work.

I always thought insurance was a bit iffy regarding murder, or disappearances ? Would anyone wait for insurance to be paid , especially if it took years or it never came through?

Just wondering ... What if there is an insurance policy on Kyron? Just asking this gives me the chills.

I am practically cringing waiting for the next (excuse my french) "Bombshell" to fall. Kyron missing was quite enough, thank you. Now we have the landscaper/hit man story come out. What in the world is going to come out next? I bet her neighbor's are freakin'!! I wonder what her friend, who said on national TV what a "good mom" Terri was, thinks now, with the landscaper info that has come out. CAN YOU IMAGINE having a friend who you find out is in trouble such as this? OMG.

LE's primary purpose in setting up this meeting may have been just to see if she would agree to meet with the guy. The fact that she was -- in the middle of an investigation re her missing stepson, and after "flunking" at least one lie detector test (I think this meeting came before the second LDT) -- confirms that: 1) yes, she knows the guy, and 2) yes, she can imagine needing to talk to him about things that couldn't be discussed over the phone.

So it eliminates any possibility of her claiming "I never met or even heard of this guy before", and leaves her needing to explain what she thought was important enough to meet with him for. Yard work? Nobody will buy that -- if he'd done any yard work for her before, all she needed to do was call and tell him to come do some more -- this is hardly the time to undertake some special yard project that would require meeting with him to look at the yard together.

And who knows what she said before she clammed up -- she may not really be able to remember, since she was nervous and on the spot due the unexpected additional person. But LE has the exchange on tape, and if whatever excuse she makes up to tell in court, about why she thought it made sense to have an in-person meeting with this guy at this point in her life, isn't consistent with the conversation on the tape, then they got some good evidence from this meeting. It's doubtful they went into it actually expecting she'd talk about her attempt to hire the yardman to do hitman work.

I was worth a shot on their part. I suspect her lawyer will try to spin it that she thought maybe he was going to give her some info on where Kyron was or what happened to him.

If the lawn guys story is true, she obviously saw through the whole thing.

I googled this "murder for hire case history" and boy was I shocked to see the results about 158,000 results. Apparently it does not seem to be to uncommon ..... What is wrong with people !

better get rid of your hard drive, just in case. LOL

Just wondering ... What if there is an insurance policy on Kyron? Just asking this gives me the chills.

There might be but if insurance money was the motive I think his body would have been left somewhere where it would have been found already because I don't think you can collect the insurance money if the person is just missing.

I agree with what you are saying but I keep reading that LE hooked up a meeting with the landscaper and how irresponsible it was for LE to expect her to speak with him after having no contact with him for seven months. I just wondered if it were fact that they hadn't talked in seven months since people are criticizing LE for being stupid enough to think she wouldn't recognize a set up. Communities being what they are, I would expect that this is someone she sees around town on a regular basis, maybe at the gym, at school, the grocery, etc.

But you are right that it is telling, IMO, that she allowed a face-to-face meeting at this point in time.

We have to remember that we do not know all of the facts about this either. Perhaps Terri FIRST propositioned this guy 7 or so months ago. Perhaps he agreed and was awaiting a down payment. Perhaps the plan was still a go and the two were still in contact. Perhaps the landscaper heard about Kyron and contacted Terri to see if the plans were on hold or what was up. We don't know when exactly LE wired up the landscaper & UC and sent them out. That could have happened very early on. Point is, we just don't know for sure.

I agree that Terri must be watching what she says and does right now. Everything is being scrutinized. Of course she is not going to trust a new "hit man" that she has never met or discuss anything in front of them. A phone call would have been better. It could also be that LE (or the landscaper or both) did not feel it was safe for him to wire up and speak to Terri alone at this point.

I'm trying very hard to trust in the decisions LE is making in this case.

I sure wish we knew more than just what is in the media. Is this only this guy's word? If it was true and even though he may have said no wouldn't he be fearful that someone else would kill Kaine? I just cant wrap my head around the fact that supposedly he kept this a secret until now. Does he have a criminal past, I wonder?

I think they tried to set Terri up by pretending that the gardener had found someone willing to kill Kaine so that is why two showed up.....the go between (gardener) and the supposed "hit man."

If LE thought this was a good idea, whether she ever really did want a hit man or not, they sure weren't thinking straight. Why in the heck would they do it right when Terri knew she was under suspicion for Kyron's disappearance? Makes no sense whatsoever.

And hiring someone to do something is opposing to someone capable of doing the crime themselves. So she wants to hire someone to kill Kaine yet she may have carried out the crime against Kyron all by herself in broad daylight?:waitasec: If she has guts to do that then killing a man who cheated on her wouldn't be hard for her to do at all imo.

So I am going to just wait and see how this really unfolds and what LE discloses about it instead of relying on the media for information.

IMO

There might be but if insurance money was the motive I think his body would have been left somewhere where it would have been found already because I don't think you can collect the insurance money if the person is just missing.

....and not until a thorough investigation is completed, either....

I echo again:

If she was willing to go to the level of killing her husband... what other levels was she willing to go to?

Certainly makes me wonder.. and I also think this is the holdup in the arrest. They are getting more background since they have not found Kyron yet.

They are building a circumstantial case imhoo...

I hope they have or get direct evidence. Just seeing the division of opinion of TH guilt on this forum alone (although I agree more people feel she did it than don't), and given who her lawyer is, that would make me nervous.

oh good lord.....this case.

With all this, and as weird as it is, in a way it gives me a bit of hope that there is a chance that kyron is alive somewhere

IF it is true Kaine had some kind of "other" relationship with another woman, intimate, romantic, whatever, then Terri could be said to be quite "vindictive" if she wanted Kaine killed in retaliation for "hurting her".

Now, IF it is true that Terri had a thing going on with Kaine while Desiree was pregnant with Kyron, that sure makes me think this "vindictive" woman is finding out how it feels to be "hurt" as Desiree evidently was when she was 8+ months pregnant.

The old adage "what comes around goes around" keeps popping into my head.

I have never understood women who get involved with a man who is married or otherwise involved with another woman, expect this same man to be faithful and true to THEM. Dumb. dumb, dumb. If a man would cheat on his pregnant wife, why would he then be expected to be faithful to the next woman?

I feel so bad for Desiree, she has had more than her share of heartache with the cheating Kaine, the medical problems she had/has and now her child is missing. I hope she has some good counseling or someone who is helping her through this. :rose:

I wonder if she tried to kill Kaine, and that is what happened, with the car? Maybe that would have been her alibi for what happened to both Kaine and Kyron. Killing 2 birds with 1 stone, so to speak.

Perhaps someone was supposed to show up and do Kaine in that morning she was gone with Kyron to the SF , just a thought and Kyron turning up missing certainly could have been linked possibly finding Kaine dead...did that make sense ?

Hello AbbieNormal,

You wrote:
>>I feel so bad for Desiree, she has had more than her share of heartache with the cheating Kaine, the medical problems she had/has and now her child is missing. I hope she has some good counseling or someone who is helping her through this.<<

I don't think we have had ANY proof whatsoever that Kaine has ever been anything but faithful to his wives.

Perhaps someone was supposed to show up and do Kaine in that morning she was gone with Kyron to the SF , just a thought and Kyron turning up missing certainly could have been linked possibly finding Kaine dead...did that make sense ?

-Kaine was at work that Friday morning, he said so himself, he kissed Kyron goodbye and wished him luck on science project. He came home later in the day to work from home.

-The truck was towed AFTER Kyron went missing, I thought??? The starter was obviously working the morning of the science fair, since Terri took the truck that morning.

Wasn't it confirmed that Kaine was at work that morning and didn't come home until later in the day?

Emma,

The article I read said he had "hurt" her...not "cheated." I must have missed the article you are referencing. Can you dig it up for me?

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Kaine-Horman-told-of-plots-against-him-97772019.html

by Colin Miner, KGW Staff

KING5.com

Posted on July 4, 2010 at 1:31 PM

He was also told "if she did it once, there's a chance she did it other times and we're investigating that possibility."

According to sources, Terri Horman had described being in a bad marriage and had claimed that Kaine had "hurt" her by having an extra-marital relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong