Rons Impending Plea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chablis

Inactive
Reaction score
What if the State did extend a deal to Ronald that involved him testifying against Misty, and he does not take it? If he was guaranteed 15 or 25 years for his testimony against Misty, not that its needed, and he didn't take it and took a gamble with a jury with all the evidence the State has against him, wouldn't that raise a lot of flags if he does not take that deal?

IMO, I'm not sure why they are even offering him a deal, if they in fact did.
She's on the videos selling the drugs. I don't know what they think he could possible add to secure her sentence. Maybe he could say that she orchestrated the deals, but what difference would it make?
I'm dying to know how this all plays out, though. And, truth be told, I'm not known for my patience.

IMO, I'm not sure why they are even offering him a deal, if they in fact did.
She's on the videos selling the drugs. I don't know what they think he could possible add to secure her sentence. Maybe he could say that she orchestrated the deals, but what difference would it make?
I'm dying to know how this all plays out, though. And, truth be told, I'm not known for my patience.

Well we only have one day to see if a plea is accepted. If one is not taken, I dont think we will ever know if the State offered one. Or if the State offers a deal, does that go on the dockets and there is a record of that?

And on the videos, he directly tells Misty to exchange pills in a public bathroom after a ride in a car alone with the UC, why didnt Ronald say, just get in the car, get the pills, and get out? Why the big dramatic exchange in the bathroom, that coincidentally never happened because Ronald wanted to get in the back of the car. Did it phase Ron one bit that the UC did not follow his plan and get out and follow Misty into the store? Did Misty go into the store and wait, and then wander back out? I mean isn't that suspicious to them at all?

Ronald directing Misty to make the exchange makes her more than eligible for the Youthful offender program. I dont know what NG sees on those tapes, but to me Ronald is the mastermind, and Misty is a mule. I cannot even see the State giving him any kind of deal, unless its to provoke Misty.

jmo

Well we only have one day to see if a plea is accepted. If one is not taken, I dont think we will ever know if the State offered one. Or if the State offers a deal, does that go on the dockets and there is a record of that?

And on the videos, he directly tells Misty to exchange pills in a public bathroom after a ride in a car alone with the UC, why didnt Ronald say, just get in the car, get the pills, and get out? Why the big dramatic exchange in the bathroom, that coincidentally never happened because Ronald wanted to get in the back of the car. Did it phase Ron one bit that the UC did not follow his plan and get out and follow Misty into the store? Did Misty go into the store and wait, and then wander back out? I mean isn't that suspicious to them at all?

Ronald directing Misty to make the exchange makes her more than eligible for the Youthful offender program. I dont know what NG sees on those tapes, but to me Ronald is the mastermind, and Misty is a mule. I cannot even see the State giving him any kind of deal, unless its to provoke Misty.

jmo

NG can't see anything on the tape or anywhere else that makes Ronald anything but the victim.

jmo

I don't think we'll ever know unless we can see television footage of him in court and hear the judge talk about whatever deal.

That footage of them in the car talking about the bathroom, going in, going out, leaving them here, then turning around and walking back.....that confused me. I was like "huh?".

And I was thinking the same thing; if the state offers him a deal, it's to get Misty to do something.

Misty isn't a youthful offender, she's an offender who happens to be young. She might not have been operating with finesse, but she was honing her skills, much to BABY, HEY BABY!'s pleasure.

Ron has nothing to deal with, because he's as on camera as she is. Baby has been effectively put into the corner, afterall.

Misty isn't a youthful offender, she's an offender who happens to be young. She might not have been operating with finesse, but she was honing her skills, much to BABY, HEY BABY!'s pleasure.

Ron has nothing to deal with, because he's as on camera as she is. Baby has been effectively put into the corner, afterall.

Sadlly, Debs, on these charges alone she may qualify (although I am unclear on the trafficking as to it qualifying on youthful offender talk.

I think this musical chairs attitude of changing dates is all due to LE waiting for an answer. JMO

So far rc is up next.....what will he pull now? I guess LE can always pull him back from State Prison to snitch when they need him. Ron has two charges trafficking over 28grams which constitutes a 25 yr mandatory.

When I first looked at tommy's charges, he was listed as dealing a very minor amount of drugs (4gms) Now they have him listed as dealing less the 30gms which technically is true but leads one to imagine a large amount. I wonder why they listed the charges to all look the same (ron and tommy's). It is deceiving to the public eye if they don't know the amount of drugs and the sentencing for the amount. It makes tc look the same as rc when reading but technically he is nowhere near him concerning the amount of drugs. I am used to reading the amount next to the charge.

I guess we will see how this plays out..

Yes, Ron is next. It looks to me like Tommy and Misty are purposely being saved until the last. This puts the most pressure on these two.

Yes, Ron is next. It looks to me like Tommy and Misty are purposely being saved until the last. This puts the most pressure on these two.

What pressure is there on Tommy? He's pled. Hes just in line for sentencing.

Found this interesting.

The plea deal might be completed by July 1, he said. Cummings would agree to testify against his co-defendants and would be sentenced after those cases went to trial.

http://www.gainesville.com/article/20100513/ARTICLES/100519729?p=1&tc=pg

Well, its July 7 now, I haven't heard anything about the "deal" being completed, and what is the status of this plea of Tommy is just waiting to be sentenced? I mean as it stands right now, Tommy will be sentenced before Rons trial ever starts. There is no trial for Tommy, so now what? Would love to hear how this impacted the "deal"

I guess my big thing and issue about this "deal" is that if it never existed, I want the public to know, and see the extremes Ronald Cummings will go to pull the wool over their eyes and deceive and put out false information for the public to blindly swallow. If this never existed, and this was just something to attempt to make Ronald look honorable, it needs to be known, thats all I am saying. It says a lot about his character, way more than the videos actually show.

IMO, the state didn't offer Ronald a deal, his attorney is offering the state a deal, (i am no attorney, and have nothing to do with the judicial system, so i don't even know if the attorney is even able to offer a deal to the state) and IMO, i just don't think the state is taking it..... At the time that article was written, Ron was the last in line for sentencing, now it appears that Misty is last in line.

JMO

Debs, your post is right on. I can't imagine why LE would offer Ron a deal. The evidence, a video with audio, is pretty strong evidence. And, we haven't even had the pleasure of seeing all the undercover videos.
I hope they release them all in a boxed set.
And Papa can design the cover....hint.

Debs, your post is right on. I can't imagine why LE would offer Ron a deal. The evidence, a video with audio, is pretty strong evidence. And, we haven't even had the pleasure of seeing all the undercover videos.

az, "a boxed set" - you are too over the top! ROFLOL!! Thank you for giving me a laugh this am.
Listen up Papa.

az, "a boxed set" - you are too over the top! ROFLOL!! Thank you for giving me a laugh this am.
Listen up Papa.

You're welcome 4Jacy. My humor early in the morning even surprised me.
Would you buy the boxed set? I would if the money went toward finding missing children.

LE doesn't offer anybody deals; LE investigates, the attornies prosecute. There is dealing going on, I guarantee it. Trials are too expensive; there are always negotiations. It just depends on what prosecution's bottom line is as far as months/years and if the defendant wants to take it or gamble with a jury. It's a game of chicken and we'll see who blinks first. But prosecution is mandated to offer a deal of some sort.

Since they chose not talk about Haleigh and where she is, then I suppose they are all happy with going to prison....if not, they would have spilled.

We had concluded a while back that they would rather be an inmate incarcerated for drugs than an inmate imprisoned for murdering a helpless child.

If they weren't involved in some part of this, they would talk. I hope Donna got some kind of information from misty, otherwise, she is just another junkie.....what a shame.

This Is My Opinion Only:

Ron was dealing & doing drugs while Misty was still in diapers so to speak. Ron got away with dealing & doing drugs long before Misty came on the scene. I think he needs to do time (would like to say hard time but he appears to be enjoying himself where he's at) a lot of time. In the end it's a birds of a feather flock together kinda thing and they all deserve to serve time.

Haleigh and Butterbean should have been first and foremost in Ron's life. IMO he took those children to spite Crystal ( she was in no shape to care for children either ) because he's a bully and couldn't control Crystal anymore. Yes. I had a Ron in my life years ago. All he cared about was his drink and who was going to pay for it ( his mama) and beating the crap out of me all the time. And guess what he's the same now as he was then except he lets his wife work ( no doubt because he needs her to pay for his drink and I'll bet my life she pays heavely for the privalage of working ((because she is doing nothing but cheating on him every hour of the day of course)). Sorry about that.) My point is look what happened to Haleigh under Ron's watch. I don't know what happened to Haleigh, but In My Opinion everyone of those who are in jail and a few others do know what happened to that sweet little girl and I wish to He!! someone would have the guts to speak up.

All Of The Above Is My Opinion Only.

Since they chose not talk about Haleigh and where she is, then I suppose they are all happy with going to prison....if not, they would have spilled.

We had concluded a while back that they would rather be an inmate incarcerated for drugs than an inmate imprisoned for murdering a helpless child.

If they weren't involved in some part of this, they would talk. I hope Donna got some kind of information from misty, otherwise, she is just another junkie.....what a shame.

I doubt Donna got any information from Misty. She would have given it up long ago if she had. :::zero to hero and all that jazz:::

My guess is that the state was offering Ron 25 years (as he told Hope during the trip to court), and Ron is holding out for 15. If the state holds firm, I do think Ron will take the 25 before he'd ever take the chance of a jury trial.

Ron's attorney is able to let the state know that they are willing to deal which is exactly what he did in that courtroom.

Ron has nothing to offer the state that the state doesn't already have, and on video with audio none the less.

Misty doesn't qualify for the youthful offender program because she has more than one trafficking charge against her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie