Kaine explains the car swap

Chili Fries

Man Sleuth
Reaction score
I believe this is the first time he has addressed this issue:

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/98654424.html

If she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance I think this could be very material to premeditation. Have we ever confirmed whether she brought the project home or not? I can't remember.

KATU: Kaine, why did you and Terri switch cars the day Kyron disappeared? Did you typically drive the white truck, and Terri the red mustang? Did she request to have the truck that day?

Kaine: I typically drive the truck and Terri drives the car. She wanted to use the truck to bring Kyron’s science fair project home, easier done with the truck than the car, although she did not stay for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported.

If she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance I think this could be very material to premeditation. Have we ever confirmed whether she brought the project home or not? I can't remember.

Thanks for posting. Right at this exact minute, I'm starting to wonder why he is so voluntarily visible. We've had a whole lot of Kaine in the past couple of days.

If it helps, then good. But still, overall, weird.

imo

If his only project were that cardboard red eyed tree frog exhibit, I don't see why that couldn't fit in the Mustang? Unless she was good about making Kyron sit in the backseat (as he should at his young age, in a booster as well but anyway) and then it wouldn't fit?

My first thought is the project was just an excuse to get the lower profile vehicle. The mustang is obviously much more noticeable.

She never took it home, it's in news clips of his classroom filmed after he was missing.

My first thought is the project was just an excuse to get the lower profile vehicle. The mustang is obviously much more noticeable.

Very. Personalized license plates on red mustangs do not benefit suspicious persons.

imo

I was so happy that this email information was released regarding the vehicle AND that he was able to put to rest any more ''speculation'' on financial details. What struck me the most about the email was ''getting the house ready for Kyron to come home'' (paraphrased from the email link).....made me think that he really IS coming home (and he KNOWS it)

This makes me wonder why Kaine didn't question his wife about why the project wasn't taken home yet if the original plan was to stay for the whole science fair and take it home that day. Didn't he ask her why she might have left early? Or was he really oblivious about those things? That would have been my first question upon returning home and not seeing the project there since that was the excuse for taking the truck in the first place.

Did she bring the science project home that day? That was the reason she told him she needed the truck, but then she was at home on the computer when he got home and there was no mention by TH of picking up the science project. It does not make sense. Why did she need the truck then?

The truth falls together. There is no confusion. Too much confusion here.

If his only project were that cardboard red eyed tree frog exhibit, I don't see why that couldn't fit in the Mustang? Unless she was good about making Kyron sit in the backseat (as he should at his young age, in a booster as well but anyway) and then it wouldn't fit?

Excellent point. Was his project delivered to the school in the Mustang?

She never took it home, it's in news clips of his classroom filmed after he was missing.

Yes. TH told him she needed the truck for a specific reason, but then she did not use the truck for that reason. She did not bring Kyron's project home in the truck.

BBM

Very interesting that TH took the truck to bring home the project, didn't stay "for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported" and obviously hadn't used the truck to bring the project home --- and then KH, TH and Baby K go to meet the bus and there is no K on the bus.

I believe KH must have noticed TH did not bring the project home (her stated reason for wanting to use the truck) and I would think he probably asked TH about it that afternoon or night -- because it was odd behavior (IMO) and I think KH is a sharp guy.

So, as we learn more about those first hours and days of K going missing from KH, DY, and TY, it seems to me that there are quite a few more clues for us that must have caused questions from them at the very beginning that TH just couldn't answer.

Also, I wonder how the project got to the school in the first place?
If the truck was needed to bring it home it seems the truck might have been needed to take it there. We seem to have gleaned from news coverage that the projects were already set up at the school for Friday morning -- and KH's statement about bringing the project home seems to confirm the truck was not used to take the project in to the school that morning.

So, I wonder if TH had used the truck previously to transport the project? If she is indeed involved in KH's disappearance, a smart CSI cookie (IMO) would have used the truck previously so as to not look so suspicious!

As I recall, that afternoon Terri emailed Kyron's teacher asking what time the science projects needed to be picked up. I always wondered how she happened to drive the pickup that day. Looks to me like this points to premeditation.
IMO

Very. Personalized license plates on red mustangs do not benefit suspicious persons.

imo

Great point. Absolutely. Mustangs stand out (especially red ones, I think it is) and a personalized plate would clinch it. Most personalized plates are easy to remember for people who notice license plates.

BBM

Very interesting that TH took the truck to bring home the project, didn't stay "for the duration of the science fair - per her statements that the media has reported" and obviously hadn't used the truck to bring the project home --- and then KH, TH and Baby K go to meet the bus and there is no K on the bus.

I believe KH must have noticed TH did not bring the project home (her stated reason for wanting to use the truck) and I would think he probably asked TH about it that afternoon or night -- because it was odd behavior (IMO) and I think KH is a sharp guy.

So, as we learn more about those first hours and days of K going missing from KH, DY, and TY, it seems to me that there are quite a few more clues for us that must have caused questions from them at the very beginning that TH just couldn't answer.

Also, I wonder how the project got to the school in the first place?
If the truck was needed to bring it home it seems the truck might have been needed to take it there. We seem to have gleaned from news coverage that the projects were already set up at the school for Friday morning -- and KH's statement about bringing the project home seems to confirm the truck was not used to take the project in to the school that morning.

So, I wonder if TH had used the truck previously to transport the project? If she is indeed involved in KH's disappearance, a smart CSI cookie (IMO) would have used the truck previously so as to not look so suspicious!

I think I read somewhere that TH had been at the school the previous day. I wouldn't even know how to find a link at this point though.

It makes sense that DY thought that TH had planned on being there for the entire science fair. Being a teacher it makes sense that her plan was to volunteer to help out since she had done that with numerous other activities at the school. I still have to wonder if that was the original plan and something happened at the fair to make TH snap and leave immediately or if she never planned on staying. Even if she made the decision at the science fair to take Kyron and do something to him that would still qualify as premediatation as that could occur in even a few minutes before an action. It doesn't have to planned for a long time, just planned ahead of time.

This makes me wonder why Kaine didn't question his wife about why the project wasn't taken home yet if the original plan was to stay for the whole science fair and take it home that day. Didn't he ask her why she might have left early? Or was he really oblivious about those things? That would have been my first question upon returning home and not seeing the project there since that was the excuse for taking the truck in the first place.

BBM~

That would be my best guess. He was simply not paying attention at that point. Or maybe he wanted to be oblivious, KWIM?

Yes. TH told him she needed the truck for a specific reason, but then she did not use the truck for that reason. She did not bring Kyron's project home in the truck.

Right, so why didn't she pick him and the project up at the same time that day, normally at the end of the school day? Instead she lollygags to the bus stop. Doesn't add up.

This guy seems to be pretty unaware, overall really checked out, so it's weird that he's now all over the reader "questions." I don't get how some questions are ok to answer and some questions need to be skipped. His selection of what to answer/respond to is off. (Wonder if LE shuts him up tomorrow? Betcha Tony doesn't dig it.)

This new detail plus her saying *missing* when she went up to the school are pretty fishy. So, pardon if I am behind here, but which car did she drive up to the school around 3:30, when she asked the school secretary to call DY to tell her Kyron was *missing* (since he wasn't on the bus).

I think that single chunk of time, around 3:30 is darn interesting, for both parents.

imo

It makes sense that DY thought that TH had planned on being there for the entire science fair. Being a teacher it makes sense that her plan was to volunteer to help out since she had done that with numerous other activities at the school. I still have to wonder if that was the original plan and something happened at the fair to make TH snap and leave immediately or if she never planned on staying. Even if she made the decision at the science fair to talk Kyron and do something to him that would still qualify as premediatation as that could occur in even a few minutes before an action. It doesn't have to planned for a long time, just planned ahead of time.

((they are going for the death penalty. every little thing (in terms of big picture, these details will bring clarity to the motive and the deed) to add up to a totality of evidence~ moo))

2 kids, one of which is in a car seat and a science project in the back of a 'stang? I can see whe she needed the pick up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back