13 July 2010 - 2 New Search Warrants Executed

No, I'm not going to share any details because it hasn't been released in the media. I can say the car searched yesterday was not white.

Woke up blessed to know that the search for Lindsey Baum is alive and well and the many good people that have pushed this case from day one are still here and working harder than ever!

I do have a question.

Is it valid to assess then, that by way of serving out this search warrant which leads to a completely different POI, there must be no physical or forensic evidence gathered from the previous sw served? Wouldn't make much sense any other way, at least to me. Thoughts?

Good question Haddie. I remember watching all the video when LE was searching the Golder property, reading the probable cause/search warrant documents and thinking holy carp, this is it. I was so sure LE had solved the case, it was just a matter of getting a confession and finding out where he put Lindsey. All these months later, there is no mention of his name by LE, not a peep. No public statement made which cleared him. Kind of weird how that all just faded away. I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume there was nothing of value, forensically speaking, in all that evidence they seized.

I was excited to see and hear of the LE activity on Fir, ready to nail this guy to the cross, he sure looked good as a POI. Today, that excitement is waning. As I sat and thought about what you wrote, I can't help but think that in a few months, these search warrants and this POI will fade away too.

Kudos to the people who have never given up on finding Lindsey and supporting MB and JB.

It could be one of those cases where they know what happened, have some evidence, but don't have enough evidence to convince a jury.

Interesting. Two claim #'s - one for over $100 and one for $50-$100.

ETA: And it says they are for wages/salary.

I've heard of where "money owed" postings were initiated by LE or PI to sniff out a search target, i.e.: a divorced man is not paying child support to the ex, and he is no where to be found. Post a, "$*advertiser censored* is owed to you", in the chance they will see the post and make contact.

I wonder ...

Let's remember LB was wearing at least a partial bathing suit underneath her clothing so it is possible she traveled toward the N pool house for a quick swim while on her way home.

The Shell station video reveals the POI + doggie leaving the convenience store at around the same time LB was expected to be walking toward home.

Did local LE or FBI hire cadaver dogs to search the current locations of interest, i.e.: the house and storage facilities?

I did not see K-9 teams in any of the news videos from this week.

IT IS A MAJOR OVERSIGHT IF LE DID NOT USE CADAVER DOGS TO SEARCH IN THE STORAGE UNIT AND IN AT LEAST THE CRAWL SPACE OF THE HOUSE AND THE IMPOUNDED VEHICLE.

Was / is the POI able to provide an alibi of location for after when he left the store?

Was someone 'home' expecting him to arrive soon from the store?

Did he show at the 'expected' time or was he late to arriving home?

IF the POI is guilty, and there was incriminating evidence on any of his stored belongings, why would he not simply remove the items from storage and discard them during the interim months?

Undersheriff Rick Scott told The Aberdeen Daily World searches of a house and storage area turned up no "smoking gun or red flags."

From http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012364746_apwamissingmcclearygirl.html

Investigators seized a large number of items during Tuesday’s search, and it might take many laboratory hours to examine them and determine whether they are of significance, Scott added.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/07/14/1303777/baum-investigators-seize-items.html#ixzz0tmRP74VY

Sounds like opposite responses to different reporters.

Undersheriff Rick Scott told The Aberdeen Daily World searches of a house and storage area turned up no "smoking gun or red flags."

From http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012364746_apwamissingmcclearygirl.html

Investigators seized a large number of items during Tuesday’s search, and it might take many laboratory hours to examine them and determine whether they are of significance, Scott added.

Read more: http://www.theolympian.com/2010/07/14/1303777/baum-investigators-seize-items.html#ixzz0tmRP74VY

Sounds like opposite responses to different reporters.

From the Seattle Times link above:
"Scott says detectives continue to look at a 47-year-old man who moved into a McCleary home almost two years ago." bbm.

Thanks Knox ~ And if we heard little to nothing about how that investigation panned out, I have little doubt we will be hearing even less regards this one ... considering the elected position of the owner of the home.

Well, sure. So they didn't immediately find a confession note, her bathing suit, a shoe, or worse. That doesn't mean this is a end dead yet.

I enjoy Rick Scotts little snippets! LOL! The colorful words spoken, "Smoking gun", "Red flags" reminds me of true crime magazine quotes, reporter on the scene, blogging crime sites type of language. I agree with RoseWhite that maybe there is possible evidence that may not be of the senational type but that connects the dot/dots to further the story telling of the events of the night.

According to what we were told after the searches the other night.. they didn't find anything that shouted "*POI* did it!!" but that didn't rule him out. They still had a lot of forensics to do.

IF this is the guy who took Lindsey.. you know damn well that he has been busy getting rid of anything and everything connected to that night. If there is anything to be found it's going to be microscopic or atleast in the least expected place (someplace or something he didn't think would hold evidence so he didn't get rid of it)

thanks locals for keeping us up on stuff :grouphug:

does anyone know how momb and brother are doing?

SS,

The heading on that divorce report:

"Divorces June 2008"

I wonder the exact, official divorce date?

06/26/2008?

It'd be an awfully eerie coincidence if it were ...

SS,

"Divorces June 2008"

06/26/2008?

Have to agree that would be pretty eerie. Sharp eyes chuck... thank you serenditpity for bring the information forth. Does make one wonder if there is a possible connection..

SS,

"Divorces June 2008"

06/26/2008?

Be depressed about the year of divorce...buy a twelve pack at Shell...abduct a child...Sounds plausible...

Be depressed about the year of divorce...buy a twelve pack at Shell...abduct a child...Sounds plausible...

I do not expect for much to come of the current, publicized search warrants. I have a feeling RDG was evasive or not forthcoming with previous tangles with the law so as not to warrant deep(er) scrutiny in to his past .. or simply was ashamed to admit his past?

My guess is that he's found a friendly town in McCleary and did not want it to spoil toward him. I suspect he's escaping from a troubled life and / or a bad marriage.

That night, as per the Shell station video he was carrying what appears to be a 12-pack and walking his dog.

When interviewed months ago did RDG indicate he witnessed LB? According to earlier reports there were only two witnesses and RDG was not indicated as being either one.

Anyway, he would have had to have dropped the 12-pack to attack, hope the dog would not bark or otherwise draw attention, and manage to grab LB, or he would have had to have lured LB in to the house or a vehicle.

As per recent video, we now realize LB has a somewhat strong voice so how could he have prevented LB from screaming to noticeable degree?

Crossed paths? LB was walking from the west along Maple or possibly along Fir. He was walking south, southwest toward the Fir St. house from the Shell station. I can determine for no way she could miss seeing him approaching so there was no opportunity for surprise.

It seems his mindset simply may have been to have a drunkard's weekend, and nothing more. At what point would he suddenly think toward attacking a child, while still attempting to maintain a low profile in the neighborhood?

On the other hand ...

How to handle a situation where kids roam the width and breadth of an entire neighborhood while clad in bathing suits ... do you warrant for to search every house along the route / the entire community? Certain freedoms are worth waiving for the sake of a missing child.

If LE did NOT search that Fir St. property / house within short hours or even days of LB having gone missing, then shame on LE. The extreme proximity of that property to the pool in which LB and friends were bathing suit-clad and swimming should have been enough to satisfy a search warrant for a missing child / evidence related to a missing child, regardless of the property owner being a city council member. I hope that did not influence the search criteria.

Also, that evening there was a party attended by local government officials and friends as they partied for a retiring council member. The venue was just north of the Shell station. How many in McCleary would know certain houses would be unoccupied during that party? Which houses? Lesser chance of being observed? Was the Fir St. house empty, waiting for a returning RDG?

LB would not have accepted an offered ride from him nor from anyone, for not only was her home too close to warrant such a ride, LB simply would not have accepted, period.

I still feel that LB was stalked during the weeks or months before she went missing. Perhaps the perp was well aware of that retiree party and that certain McCleary houses would be unoccupied that evening?

Chuckmaureen, thank you so much for your imput, your posts are always so thought provoking and you have a great way with words, you have shared my feelings on several cases but sweet Lindsey has my heart......

Everyday that i hug and kiss my now 12 year old daughter reminds how precious life is and how awful it has to be for the Baum family. Again words cannot express how not knowing where my baby is could make me feel. I pray that something will give soon.

Help us bring you home sweet girl....we are always looking....

I think there was more going on in Mccleary that night that Lindsey disappeared. We have the retirement party, Nelson's get together, Think I saw it mention in dream section, that someone believed there was a dance going on that night think it was at the vfw if I remember correctly. Haven't heard much about this dance and those that where at it so not really sure. If there was a dance that night wouldn't that bring more people in from the outer communites into mccleary that possibility Lindsey might of known maybe through friends or friends of friends. For that matter there is also the ORV park that could of brought someone familure to her. The more one thinks of the possibilities the wider the scope. Wondered if the person who took Lindsey was aware of all that was goings on in Mccleary that night is familure with the area. Maybe you are right chuck/maureen maybe he was stalking her or could there have been others that have also felt a feeling of stalking or felt very uneasy about a person. There was one news video when lindsey first disappeared, where a woman was being interviewed and stated she usually walks her dog, but the night of disappearance she did not cause she felt uneasy. I keep on wondering why was she was feeling so uneasy. What made her feel so uncomfortable that she choose not to walk the dog at the usual time. Was there someone or something that made her uncomfortable. I had wondered if maybe she heard something or might of seen something. Sorry for rambling just some thoughts running through my mind.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back