Kaine attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Kyron's dad attends 3 hours of meetings at sheriff's office

Posted on July 21, 2010 at 11:45 AM

The father of missing seven-year-old Kyron Horman attended three hours of meetings at the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office Tuesday.

KGW’s live truck was parked outside the sheriff’s office as Kaine Horman entered the building around 6 p.m. and left around 9 p.m. However, Kaine told KGW on the way out that he did not wish to comment on the three hours of meetings he had just attended.

Lt. Mary Lindstrand, a spokeswoman with the sheriff’s office, also told KGW she would not comment on why Kaine was there Tuesday.

Late Wednesday morning, Sheriff Daniel Staton released a statement to the media promising he was working to complete a thorough investigation, even if he could not elaborate on all the details.

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Kyron...-of-meetings-at-sheriffs-office-98945234.html

Wow...three hours?!? That's a long time.

I wonder what it was about, and I wonder why he didn't want to make any comment at all.

Three hours is a long time. He was probably exhausted and frazzled and wanting to get home to baby K.

It didn't say, but I wonder if DY and TY were there. And if not, why not?

If it was just him for that long,sounds like questioning and a polygraph.Were there any video of him leaving?I would like to see his demeanor.

IDK - did they return to their home (IIRC) 4-5 hours away or are they staying in town? Perhaps 6pm is too late for them to meet on a work night with such a long drive home.

ETA: It is also possible LE just wants to talk to everyone separately to try to square accounts before moving forward.

BEcause for this meeting, the focus was completely on Kaine. Cops do not do group interrogations. They separate witnesses.

It's also possible that DY and TY were on speakerphone, or will be briefed separately since they are so far away. Though 3 hours seems like a long time for an update, unless there are new developments or leads.

Of course, it's also possible that the tide is turning and they are putting others under the microscope!

Well, LE has said all along, when they have spoken, that "everyone is a POI".

If it was just him for that long,sounds like questioning and a polygraph.Were there any video of him leaving?I would like to see his demeanor.
Maybe it was just questioning about his soon to be ex-wife or discussing his grand jury testimony with him? Kaine's activities on June 4th were videotaped by numerous security cameras in Intel's parking lot and inside the building. ( No, I don't have a reference on the exact number of surveillance cameras at Intel. Use common sense. :) )

BEcause for this meeting, the focus was completely on Kaine. Cops do not do group interrogations. They separate witnesses.

I think the issue is, though, that we don't know if this was a meeting (re: case update) or an interrogation, as such. I don't want to speak for Surfie on this, but that's what I got out of his/her question. "Meeting" is a careful (yet ambiguous) word, IMO.

Maybe it was just questioning about his soon to be ex-wife or discussing grand jury testimony with him? Kaine's activities on June 4th were videotaped by numerous security cameras in Intel's parking lot and inside the building. ( No, I don't have a reference on the exact number of surveillance cameras at Intel. Use common sense. :) )

I was offline for a religious holiday earlier this week, and I have been having trouble keeping up with the volume of threads. Is this how they know for sure he was at work all day on June 4th? (I just ask b/c I didn't see any clear info on that in the thread on this topic, and that was going to be one of my questions I wanted to ask LE for their statement/presser.)

ETA: I'm going to take another leaf through the thread on this issue and see if I can catch myself up. I thought I'd link it in case anyone else was interested:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106920"]Was Kaine at home or work the day that Kyron disappeared? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I didn't look up the link for you, but the KGW newscast last night included video of KH leaving the Sheriff's office.

He's already taken and passed a polygraph....IIRC....maybe going over Terris cell phone records....her computer activity....her sexting activity :sick:

Maybe it was just questioning about his soon to be ex-wife or discussing his grand jury testimony with him? Kaine's activities on June 4th were videotaped by numerous security cameras in Intel's parking lot and inside the building. ( No, I don't have a reference on the exact number of surveillance cameras at Intel. Use common sense. :) )

but do you have a source from LE that Kaine's whereabouts that morning have been verified?

In any case, that doesn't prove he wasn't involved. Just as Terri with her MFH plot, he wouldn't have needed to be present to have been involved in Kyron's disappearance.

“There are many decision points which are discussed and filtered among investigators, deputy district attorneys, command staff and other experts. Our detectives and searchers are continuing to follow up on many leads to include establishing and verifying information relating to Kyron's activities prior to his disappearance,” he said in the statement.

Also in link, sounds like they are still talking to parents and students etc.

I was off for a religious holiday earlier this week, and I have been having trouble keeping up with the volume of threads. Is this how they know for sure he was at work all day on June 4th? (I just ask b/c I didn't see any clear info on that in the thread on this topic, and that was going to be one of my questions I wanted to ask LE for their statement/presser.)

I am extrapolating. At Westinghouse Nuclear Division, there is a camera every 15 feet. I walk my dog near another tech company and you can see that their security begins even before their employees' cars enter the gated parking area. At every hospital's parking lot for doctors, there is a camera every 30 feet and the parking is key entranced and gated. Even at lowly hospital staff (I am joking) parking lots there is a surveillance camera. Walmart even has surveillance cameras watching its parking lot. Kaine worked at Intel; Intel will have numerous surveillance cameras.

I am extrapolating. At Westinghouse Nuclear Division, there is a camera every 15 feet. I walk my dog near another tech company and you can see that their security begins even before their employees' cars enter the gated parking area. At every hospital's parking lot for doctors, there is a camera every 30 feet and the parking is key entranced and gated. Even at lowly hospital staff parking lots there is a surveillance camera. Walmart even has surveillance cameras watching its parking lot. Kaine worked at Intel; they will have numerous surveillance cameras.

They have his computer logon records too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back