Terri's friends want to distance themselves after being dragged into investigation

scotslass

Reaction score
One woman, who is moving out of a home in Tigard, said she underwent a polygraph test and had investigators come to her home with a search warrant within the last week.

She and another friend of Terri Horman said they’re cooperating fully with detectives since they have nothing to hide.

Both said they feel they’ve been dragged into the investigation by simply being supportive of Terri and doing things like visiting her at her home.

But both said they are stepping away from the situation as much as they can because it’s simply not something they want to be connected with anymore.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99146044.html

Can't say I blame them, what a mess

I applaud the person for taking the five hours to ''step up to plate'' and cooperate --

Don't blame them one bit as long as they're still open to helping LE about the case.

Sounds like what I would do. If I had a friend whose child went missing I'd be there for them, but once it became apparent to me that the friend isn't being forthcoming, time to step away from the situation. I've distanced myself from people for far less drama than this!

Has DS lawyered up yet? TIA.

I applaud the person for taking the five hours to ''step up to plate'' and cooperate --

Makes you think that person is the one who let LE know about DeDe saying don't cooperate. Also may suggest that DeDe is not cooperating because she is directly involved somehow and is trying to save her own skin.

I looked and I can't find it, I did see it talked about in comments sections but not MSM. I'll keep looking.

We're aware that three homes were searched, and we have the name of one person who's home was searched. It sounds like the two who are cooperating with LE are not being named.

One woman, who is moving out of a home in Tigard, said she underwent a polygraph test and had investigators come to her home with a search warrant within the last week.

She and another friend of Terri Horman said they’re cooperating fully with detectives since they have nothing to hide.

Both said they feel they’ve been dragged into the investigation by simply being supportive of Terri and doing things like visiting her at her home.

But both said they are stepping away from the situation as much as they can because it’s simply not something they want to be connected with anymore.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/99146044.html

Oh look, brain cells and integrity prevail! Good for them for doing the right thing: cooperating! Distancing is not such a bad idea, either. Get on the life raft, don't go down with the sinking ship.

Video on Comcast.net states: Kyron's Stepmom friend eyed-Parents point fingers at Stepmom's friend-suggestion is this friend that was doing landscaping work - disappeared for an 1 hour and 1/2 and nobody knows where she was for those 90 minutes. Authorities are trying to ascertain D.S. timeline.

I have people I consider friends, either through work or from going out and about. I would totally understand if they distanced themselves from me if I were in this situation and I'd probably do the same if the roles were reversed.

Then there's my "best friend" who I've known since 1st grade, which is about 48 years. She'd stand by me and I'd do the same for her. Obviously, she knows I'd never be in the type of situation going on right now with TH but if I were, she'd be there for me. She'd probably tell me to turn myself in if I was guilty. However, even if I were guilty, she would never turn her back on me.

If the two unnamed friends have decided to distance themselves from the situation, I hope that doesn't imply that they are no longer Terri's friends just because they are cooperating.

Even though I don't have much sympathy for her, I think its pretty obvious that in the months leading up to all this mess she was headed downhill; PPD, inappropriate contact with the one fellow, MFH.

I really just don't see her having the emotional fortitude to hold out indefinitely. Whether she is guilty or innocent, I feel like she will try to find an outlet to end the high stress soon by either fully cooperating, confessing exactly what it was she was doing that day, give an emotional press conference, or harm herself.

I'm honestly starting to worry about her.

If the two unnamed friends have decided to distance themselves from the situation, I hope that doesn't imply that they are no longer Terri's friends just because they are cooperating.

Even though I don't have much sympathy for her, I think its pretty obvious that in the months leading up to all this mess she was headed downhill; PPD, inappropriate contact with the one fellow, MFH.

I really just don't see her having the emotional fortitude to hold out indefinitely. Whether she is guilty or innocent, I feel like she will try to find an outlet to end the high stress soon by either fully cooperating, confessing exactly what it was she was doing that day, give an emotional press conference, or harm herself.

I'm honestly starting to worry about her.

The only thing I'm worried about as far as TH is concerned is whether or not she gives up the info on Kyron before she doesn't have a chance to anymore. There are a LOT of crazy extremist people out there and she is getting her share of bad press and then some.

Terri- The safest thing you can do right now is turn yourself in and tell the truth! It might not set you free, but it could save your life!

I wonder if D&K consider Dede not to be cooperating if she has refused to take a lie detector test? Some people just don't believe in them and she may feel she has nothing of value to share. Of course, she may know something, but I think that in Desiree's eyes, anyone who refused a test would be uncooperative.

I agree with the posts saying the friends are doing the right thing. I also agree with cj1132 that her best friend of 48 years would still be there for her, even if she were guilty. My two best friends (since grade school, and one for the last 27 years) would stand by me, but would also tell me to turn myself in, since both of them have honesty and integrity.

But I have another train of thought about the friend's searches and questioning: LE knows that without a support system TH will feel even more pressure than she does now. I believe this could also be a maneuver on the part of LE to give TH that "rug out from under you" feeling, hoping she will crack, so to speak.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back