Identified! PA - Bensalem, WhtFem 461UFPA, 20-30, pregnant, in pumphouse, Jan'88 - Lisa Todd

My opinion on the shoes is that this size discrepancy is a typo; either on the police report or data entry after the report. NamUs does list the two sizes but I suspect that info came from Doe. In the images at NamUS, they have them laid out - measured. Worth checking out to toss out what may be irrelevant.

ETA....
NamUS also makes a distinction between what was actually ON the body and what was with the body. ME also narrows her age to early 20's. I trust their input more because when a case comes to them, it is reviewed for entry into the system. Or so I was told.
https://identifyus.org/cases/2202

FWIW, NamUs is only reviewed for entry into their system by the volunteers who run the site. The content within a case is not verified for accuracy, only that the person is in fact missing. Anyone, even you or I can register to add case info at NamUs. It is not exclusive to LE or ME entering the data for missing persons cases or UID's. I know non le missing persons NFP often utlize NamUS and are volunteers like ourselves who do that as a service for the family, and many may not be LE submissions.

I did register at NamUs and attempted to enter one case. It took me almost an hour trying to figure out how to do it and it was so difficult I gave up trying a second time. I have nagged LE and ME to utilize it, since they are the ones with the most accurate info on a case.

In other words, we technically don't have any data - that I am aware of- of how many cases are LE and ME entries versus non LE or ME like ourselves.

JMO

Thanks Cubby,
It does get complicated at NamUS. I do think though it is worth checking with someone regarding the shoes because in one place on NamUS they list the shoes as different sizes, then in their image section, they list them as the same size.

ETA...Cubby, I have never had anyone at Namus refuse to check info with the reporting agency, ME or other documentation and explain their findings. It does get frustrating trying to filter through so much misinformation. Also what I have found is that if a case is presented in a logical and precise manner, they will even do a manual check of UID. They have even admitted their mistake in info when they know it came from them. Just saying it might be worth an email.

I sent an email to the case manager explaining the shoe issue and other matters of identifiers. However I will be working out of state for a few days and don't know when I can post any reply.

NamUS Case # 2202
Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:10 PM
I sent an email to NamUS on the above date addressed to Christopher McMullin regarding the discrepancy in the shoe size they have listed on their site. In the image section they show two different sizes. In the clothing section they show both pair the same size. Of course there has been no reply as of this date. They are just too new to the web to get this apathetic.
I tried...........
If I were researching this, I would go by the shoes being the SAME size as I don't think this is really relevant in the over all case. The measuring stick can't be seen clearly but they seem the same and they could have read a 6 as an 8 or vice versa on some report. The cloths and shoes were not on the victim other than the Braxton Jeans.

Does anyone else find the clothing on the deceased rather odd for a woman 6 months pregnant? Wouldn’t platform shoes be rather uncomfortable to walk in that far along in the pregnancy? I also wonder how much she shown. It is possible no one ever knew she was pregnant while she was living. So someone might recognize her but discount the match due to the pregnancy. My gut tells me someone close to her killed her. So If it was a boyfriend, husband etc. chances are she was never reported missing.

Maybe she was hiding the pregnancy? I had a friend who hid her first pregnancy until she was about seven months and her second until she was about five months. She wore jeans with shirts untucked over them, and made sure to change her behaviour not at all including all the things that are normally uncomfortable, risky or dangerous in pregnancy. Drinking, getting horribly sunburned, spending a whole day painting a badly ventilated room until she threw up from fumes, that sort of thing. Around about six months the first time around we were all whispering behind our hands, the second time around we confronted her at five months.

So maybe she was pregnant and no-one knew, or just a few people had only recently begun to suspect?

Her face isn't as long as Jane Doe's and there's no mention of Jane Doe being possibly Asian and white, but Marjorie Knox fits the general description:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2898dftx.html

5'3" vs. Janes 5'0"-5'3"
14 vs. 17-23
Knox was possibly pregnant
Knox was last seen in a purple shirt and blue jeans
Both had brown hair; Knox's was possibly dyed blonde
Knox disappeared Feb. 1987; Jane Doe was found Jan. 1988 and thought to have been dead at least a year

The distance makes this match seem unlikely, though. There's nothing to suggest Knox would travel, willingly or otherwise, to PA from TX.

Here's another (from my pregnant MP's list) that seems unlikely due to geography and ethnicity, but seems to fit in most other respects and has a reasonably similar facial shape. I was looking at her the other day, and said probably not. But since you bring up Marjorie Knox, I'll put this one up as well.

Isabel Marie ("Chavela") Quair
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quair_isabel.html
461UFPA.jpg
461UFPA1.jpg
461UFPA15.jpg
__
quair_isabel.jpg

Here's another (from my pregnant MP's list) that seems unlikely due to geography and ethnicity, but seems to fit in most other respects and has a reasonably similar facial shape. I was looking at her the other day, and said probably not. But since you bring up Marjorie Knox, I'll put this one up as well.

Isabel Marie ("Chavela") Quair
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/q/quair_isabel.html
461UFPA.jpg
461UFPA1.jpg
461UFPA15.jpg
__
quair_isabel.jpg
That's actually quite close on many fronts, Carl. If the UID was dead at least a year before she was found, that puts the date of death at December 1986 or January 1987. Quair went missing in November 1986 at six months pregnant, would have been seven months in December, which is the same as the UID.

The UID isn't obviously NOT ethnic, and while Quair does look Hispanic, she's not overly so. Not sure how much she resembles the recons -- the one blurry sketch is close, the other two don't even look like the same woman. Chins and foreheads quite different.

Her face isn't as long as Jane Doe's and there's no mention of Jane Doe being possibly Asian and white, but Marjorie Knox fits the general description:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2898dftx.html

5'3" vs. Janes 5'0"-5'3"
14 vs. 17-23
Knox was possibly pregnant
Knox was last seen in a purple shirt and blue jeans
Both had brown hair; Knox's was possibly dyed blonde
Knox disappeared Feb. 1987; Jane Doe was found Jan. 1988 and thought to have been dead at least a year

The distance makes this match seem unlikely, though. There's nothing to suggest Knox would travel, willingly or otherwise, to PA from TX.

14 versus 17-23 is quite a difference. The growth plates in the long bones should have told them whether she was a younger teen.

there are 5 rule-outs at Namus:

Kimberly Blackburn 1958 Indiana
Bernadette Caruso 1963 Maryland
Amy Matthews 1959 Pennsylvania
Michele Reidenbach 1964 Pennsylvania
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

Although the UID's race is given as white, Susan appears to be mixed white/asian to me. Other points of description and timeline are close, and Monroe County is only 60 miles or so from Bucks County.

I have long suspected that this UID was a victim of domestic violence, due in part to her being pregnant and due to the amount of clothing located with her body (the leading cause of death for pregnant women: murder by husband/boyfriend)-- and given Andrew's criminal history, it wouldn't surprise me if he was savvy enough to grab a bag of her clothes/shoes/jewelry to make it appear that she had "taken off"

The Doe Network

Susan Marie Ann Cerritelli

Case Classification: Missing
Missing Since: May 11, 1983
Location Last Seen: Long Pond, Monroe Co, Pennsylvania
Physical Description

** Listed information is from the time of disappearance.
Date of Birth: Unknown
Age at Time of Disappearance: 26
Race: Asian or Pacific Islander
Height at Time of Disappearance: 5'1
Weight at Time of Disappearance: 100 lbs
Hair Color: Black hair, worn short
Eye Color: Brown
Alias(s) / Nickname(s): Chinese Sue
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Bird of Paradise tattoo on back of right shoulder
Dentals: Available (Charting)
Fingerprints: Available
DNA: Not available
Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Circumstances of Disappearance

Her husband reported her missing to PSP at Fern Ridge Station on May 14, 1983. She has not been seen or heard from since.

more details from pamissing.com:

On Saturday, May 14, 1983, Andrew Cerritelli went to the Pennsylvania State Police Fern Ridge Station to report that his wife, Susan, had been missing since the previous Wednesday, May 11th.

Andrew, a convicted felon, has a long history of run-ins with the police, including attempting to run over a state police officer in 1984. It has long been suspected that Cerritelli killed Susan and disposed of her body, but he has never been charged with her murder and Susan has never been found.

If you have any information about this case, please contact:

Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;
Agency Name: Pennsylvania State Police
Agency Contact Person: Cpl Shawn Williams
Agency Phone Number: 570-336-0356
Agency Case Number: N03-126983
NamUs Case Number: MP #11620
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Information Source(s)

Pennsylvania Missing
NamUs

Attachments

• SCerritelli.jpg
    SCerritelli.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 461UFPA1.jpg
    461UFPA1.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 461UFPA.jpg
    461UFPA.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 36
Although the UID's race is given as white, Susan appears to be mixed white/asian to me.

I noticed that when they added her photo to the NamUs casefile. Although her eyes were clearly Asian, her facial shape is more caucasian, and the bridge of her nose protrudes more than that of a typical Asian.

The primary means of distinguishing the shape of an Asian skull from that of a Black or Caucasian is that the extension of the nasal bone (which forms the bridge of the nose) is at an even plane with the forward extension of the cheekbones. You can set an Asian skull face down on a flat surface, and it will sit flat with the cheekbones and nasal bone all making contact. If you set a typical Caucasian or black skull face down on a flat surface, the nasal bone will prevent both cheekbones from simultaneously making contact.

There is also the issue with shovel-shaped incisors, which are typically found with Asians and Native Americans. But that's not a foolproof rule. Not all Asians or Native Americans have shoveling of the incisors, and some non-Asian, non-Native people do.

But having said that, I did notice that the Jane Doe's #8 (i.e., upper-right-front) tooth is described as having a "crescent shaped edge". The #9 and #10 teeth apparently had a crowns which were partially missing.

https://identifyus.org/cases/2202

Incidentally, it also says that the Jane Doe might have had orthodontic braces at some point in her life.

I know that she is a little bit older than the estimated age of the unidentified woman, I thought that she could be Charlotte Heimann https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5665/2/ who, according to NamUs
She may have been a couple of months pregnant.
when she disappeared from Rochester, NY on October 30, 1981. Her height and weight are similar to the UID, her hair is listed as auburn (but I think it could have been mistaken for brown). Also according to NamUs, Charlotte Heimann usually wore blue jeans (I guess a lot of people, including myself do, too, so that is probably not that big of a deal).

I know that she is a little bit older than the estimated age of the unidentified woman, I thought that she could be Charlotte Heimann https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5665/2/ who, according to NamUs

when she disappeared from Rochester, NY on October 30, 1981. Her height and weight are similar to the UID, her hair is listed as auburn (but I think it could have been mistaken for brown). Also according to NamUs, Charlotte Heimann usually wore blue jeans (I guess a lot of people, including myself do, too, so that is probably not that big of a deal).

According to Charley Project, Charlotte has a pin inserted in her right leg. It is doubtful that this would have been missed on the UID.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/heimann_charlotte.html

According to Charley Project, Charlotte has a pin inserted in her right leg. It is doubtful that this would have been missed on the UID.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/h/heimann_charlotte.html

That would have shown. I was thinking about Charlotte, after my last post and though, too, that the shoes that the UID was found with would be really uncomfortable with a orthopedic injury. I was distracted, I guess, that she was pregnant and the height and weight were close.

How about this girl? She may have ran away from home due to a pregnancy and she seems to fit the stats and looks kind of like the recon, espessially around they eyes.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2105dfpa.html

Myra Manley
Missing since September 2, 1983 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: April 26, 1964
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Mole under right breast. Scar on right hand near the palm that is very noticeable.
•Clothing: Myra was last seen wearing a tiger-print halter top, purple terrycloth shorts and brown canvas shoes.
•Dentals: Available. All four wisdom teeth had been extracted. Previous braces. She also had a chipped upper front tooth (possibly the left) that had been repaired.
•DNA: Available in Codis.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manley was last seen her father's residence at the Presidential Apartments on City Line Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the afternoon of Friday, September 2, 1983. She was going to swim in the apartment complex pool. She never returned to the apartment, and no trace of her has ever been found.

How about this girl? She may have ran away from home due to a pregnancy and she seems to fit the stats and looks kind of like the recon, espessially around they eyes.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2105dfpa.html

Myra Manley
Missing since September 2, 1983 from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: April 26, 1964
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 19 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'5"; 110 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair, hazel eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Mole under right breast. Scar on right hand near the palm that is very noticeable.
•Clothing: Myra was last seen wearing a tiger-print halter top, purple terrycloth shorts and brown canvas shoes.
•Dentals: Available. All four wisdom teeth had been extracted. Previous braces. She also had a chipped upper front tooth (possibly the left) that had been repaired.
•DNA: Available in Codis.

Manley was last seen her father's residence at the Presidential Apartments on City Line Avenue in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on the afternoon of Friday, September 2, 1983. She was going to swim in the apartment complex pool. She never returned to the apartment, and no trace of her has ever been found.

probably not a match. they both have DNA on file so a match would have been picked up.

Could she possibly be the lady below? She has been missing since 1982 from Pennslyvania, but my thoughts on the UID are that she was found soaking in 8 inches of fuel oil and that could possibly hinder determining the estimated time of death? Also her car went missing the same time she did and has not been recovered, is there anyway of checking the abandon cars found near the body for plate or vin numbers?

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/luty_shelly.html

luty_shelly.jpg
461UFPA.jpg
461UFPA1.jpg
461UFPA15.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads