100 MILLION Planets Have Habitable Potential!!

essies

"We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
Reaction score
http://www.datelinezero.com/?p=1903
News of NASA’s Kepler Mission discovery was a leak
snip-
The leak originated from a member of the Kepler Mission team who apparently was simply so excited that he couldn’t contain himself. It is, after all, exciting to have confirmed at least 5 earth-like planets in our own Galaxy, with possibly hundreds of others. How do can you not share something like that?
[video=youtube;F8bM8K7W_R8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8bM8K7W_R8[/video]

Life on other planets-maybe millions of other planets!! What do you think? Will it challenge your belief system or simply explain what you have always felt possible?

Most interesting to contemplate! Thank you for posting this.

...Life on other planets-maybe millions of other planets!! What do you think? Will it challenge your belief system or simply explain what you have always felt possible?

If Nature has taught us anything, it should be that neither space nor matter ever go to "waste."

It never made sense to me that God created an infinite universe only to restrict life to a rather ordinary planet in an unexceptional galaxy. If He was merely making a pretty night sky for our enjoyment, He could have put up Christmas lights.

I'm an atheist, so the news doesn't phase me. I expected it. I've always believed intelligent life MUST exist elsewhere. I've always HOPED it was far more intelligent than our species and have evolved to actually get along!

I'm an atheist, so the news doesn't phase me. I expected it. I've always believed intelligent life MUST exist elsewhere. I've always HOPED it was far more intelligent than our species and have evolved to actually get along!

I don't know whether life forms from other planets visit us or not. But based on human experience, I tend to think any species must learn to use technology benignly or it will extinguish itself (just as the human race may still do).

Now as for why alien visitors are reportedly so fascinated with probing the human colon, I don't know... Intergalactic sexual fetish? :)

it's SO exciting!

I really, really want to go visit those other planets LOL

hopefully I'll have a chance sometime in my lifetime (I'm an optimist)

it's SO exciting!

I really, really want to go visit those other planets LOL

hopefully I'll have a chance sometime in my lifetime (I'm an optimist)

As with African jungles and ocean bottoms, I don't want to go myself. But I'd love to watch the video on TV!

Well poo!! Seems like the good DR. is backtracking on his talk now!! I wonder if he did in deed mis-speak or if he was under alittle pressure from NASA cause they aren't ready for disclosure yet?:waitasec:
I think it's just a matter of time before we learn that we're not alone!!:innocent:
http://kepler.nasa.gov/news/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowNews&NewsID=51
snip-
Earth-size is not Earth-like: the TED Talk by Dimitar Sasselov
[For Dimitar's full statement, see the Kepler blog, July 28, 2010 entry.]

Two weeks ago, I gave a talk at TED Global 2010 which was very well received, but caused confusion. I talked about Earth-like planets, which many people would equate to Earth-size and 'habitable'.

This is so exciting. I have always believed there were other forms of life out there.

Anal probing, something that I never have understood about other forms of life and their need to explore...:innocent:

Goz

This is so exciting. I have always believed there were other forms of life out there.

Anal probing, something that I never have understood about other forms of life and their need to explore...:innocent:

Goz

Of course, if aliens are so much more advanced that they are able to visit us, maybe they know something we don't. ;)

That is awesome news!

amazing - just wow!

Well poo!! Seems like the good DR. is backtracking on his talk now!! I wonder if he did in deed mis-speak or if he was under alittle pressure from NASA cause they aren't ready for disclosure yet?:waitasec:
I think it's just a matter of time before we learn that we're not alone!!:innocent:
http://kepler.nasa.gov/news/index.cfm?FuseAction=ShowNews&NewsID=51
snip-
Earth-size is not Earth-like: the TED Talk by Dimitar Sasselov
[For Dimitar's full statement, see the Kepler blog, July 28, 2010 entry.]

Two weeks ago, I gave a talk at TED Global 2010 which was very well received, but caused confusion. I talked about Earth-like planets, which many people would equate to Earth-size and 'habitable'.

Next, NASA will claim it's not even Earth SIZED planets....they're just WEATHER BALLOONS!:crazy:

Of course, if aliens are so much more advanced that they are able to visit us, maybe they know something we don't. ;)

Let's hope they know alot more than we know cause we're sure mucking up the planet!:banghead:

Let's hope they know alot more than we know cause we're sure mucking up the planet!:banghead:

Are you saying colonoscopies may be a cure for global warming? Interesting idea, but I'll have to do more research. ;)

Are you saying colonoscopies may be a cure for global warming? Interesting idea, but I'll have to do more research. ;)

No-Poor aliens are just mis-informed! They were told that's where our leaders brains are at!! And I'm not sure that's mis-information!!:waitasec:
59eaa262.jpg

No-Poor aliens are just mis-informed! They were told that's where our leaders brains are at!! And I'm not sure that's mis-information!!:waitasec:
59eaa262.jpg

I'm not generally a fan of rectal humor, but that's some funny chit!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back