NY - Giuliani's 20 yr Old Daughter Arrested

I saw this on the news last nite. Nothing but my own gut feeling to go on but I think Caroline has some "issues" that may have developed from her parents divorce and Rudy's rumored affairs during her parents' marriage.

Here's another article.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/04/giuliani-daughter-arrested-nyc-cosmetics-store/?test=latestnews

Apparently she stole 5 items, worth about $100. I don't understand why she didn't just PAY for them. Surely she had $100......

I don't understand it either. It's like Winona Ryder stealing from Saks Fifth Avenue(if I recall correctly) in Beverly Hills--these people have the money to pay, it's the thrill of stealing, or something. They have "issues".

She had over $300 in cash with her. Clearly she has some anger and psychological issues. Sounds corny, but maybe this was her cry for help.

There aren't words to say how much this burns me up. I'm sorry, if she has psychological issues because her parents got divorced, then she should get treatment. Suck it up and grow up. I have no sympathy for wealthy people who steal just to steal. And makeup? Grrrr. Put her butt in jail for a while and see if she decides paying for things is better.

I don't understand it either. It's like Winona Ryder stealing from Saks Fifth Avenue(if I recall correctly) in Beverly Hills--these people have the money to pay, it's the thrill of stealing, or something. They have "issues".

I totally agree. My husband and I were talking about it earlier, and he said it may have just been a total attention ploy onto her part to get herself famous (you know, how Lindsay Lohan goes to jail and suddenly it's the top story on the news).. I wonder if she was just doing it to "become famous".

Kleptomania

Kleptomania is the irresistible urge to steal items that you don't really need and that usually have little value. It's a serious mental health disorder that can tear your life apart if not treated.

Kleptomania is a type of impulse control disorder — a disorder in which you can't resist the temptation or drive to perform an act that's harmful to you or someone else.

Many people with kleptomania live lives of secret shame because they're afraid to seek mental health treatment. Although there's no cure for kleptomania, treatment with medication or psychotherapy may be able to help end the cycle of compulsive stealing.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kleptomania/DS01034

Two quick stories.

1. I was told this story by my parents considering it was common knowledge and his daughter was a good friend of mine. This occured in the early eighties when I was a child.

We had a police officer, in my home town, who had to be followed around the grocery store. He was a diagnosed Klepto. The clerks that followed him would then provide a list to the cashier of things he had put in his pockets. He would always get in line to pay for the big ticket items. It was the cheap items that he would put in his pockets. The cashier would ring up what was there and then the list.

He was a good and kind man. He just could not help himself.

2. This other story comes from my mom before I was born.

My mom worked in a linen store. When she had first started the owner pointed out one of the customers. The customer was a wealthy middle-aged woman.

The owner told my mother that Mrs. ________ is a kleptomaniac. She has a penchant for stealing hand towels and bath clothes. She went on to tell my mom to just keep an eye on her and write down what she takes as well as the price. The store owner would then call the woman's husband after she left and her husband would stop by, after work, and pay for the items.

I don't know what's up with Giuliani's daughter but she might be suffering from kleptomania. It may not be a case of just being a spoiled so lets try not to be too hard on her.

Kleptomania

Kleptomania is the irresistible urge to steal items that you don't really need and that usually have little value. It's a serious mental health disorder that can tear your life apart if not treated.

Kleptomania is a type of impulse control disorder — a disorder in which you can't resist the temptation or drive to perform an act that's harmful to you or someone else.

Many people with kleptomania live lives of secret shame because they're afraid to seek mental health treatment. Although there's no cure for kleptomania, treatment with medication or psychotherapy may be able to help end the cycle of compulsive stealing.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/kleptomania/DS01034

Two quick stories.

1. I was told this story by my parents considering it was common knowledge and his daughter was a good friend of mine. This occured in the early eighties when I was a child.

We had a police officer, in my home town, who had to be followed around the grocery store. He was a diagnosed Klepto. The clerks that followed him would then provide a list to the cashier of things he had put in his pockets. He would always get in line to pay for the big ticket items. It was the cheap items that he would put in his pockets. The cashier would ring up what was there and then the list.

He was a good and kind man. He just could not help himself.

2. This other story comes from my mom before I was born.

My mom worked in a linen store. When she had first started the owner pointed out one of the customers. The customer was a wealthy middle-aged woman.

The owner told my mother that Mrs. ________ is a kleptomaniac. She has a penchant for stealing hand towels and bath clothes. She went on to tell my mom to just keep an eye on her and write down what she takes as well as the price. The store owner would then call the woman's husband after she left and her husband would stop by, after work, and pay for the items.

I don't know what's up with Giuliani's daughter but she might be suffering from kleptomania. It may not be a case of just being a spoiled so lets try not to be too hard on her.

Thank you for that, Crystal.

Beat me up, but I feel sorry for the girl. Yes, Yes she is afforded to go to Harvard. Yes, she well can probably afford any and all things she wants. BTW, that Sephora stuff ain't cheap. Well, back in the day I would have thought it a bargain, but now I see that stuff as pricey.

Not too long ago we had Cybil Shepards son who goes to University Of Pennsylvania stealing stuff on a plane. No doubt he had the loot.

Indeed they may have the comfort and status, but even filthy rich folks are allowed to have issues.

BTW, I mentioned this before but my ex husband was a kleptomaniac. Diagnosed way too late. Lemme tell you it makes you a nervous wreck never knowing what the heck the person you are with may have on them as you check out in the store.

Every single time if he stole something and we'd get outside he'd pull it from under his coat or wherever and go "I have to stop this. I don't know why I do this". Big stuff too. Things we very well could afford. I mean I'd get up to a counter with great big hair bows for my DD and as I'd put the stuff on the register I'd think "Wait a package of eyelet socks is missing" and I'd cringe. I'd fret. Sure enough outside there came a big package of socks.

Sorry for the long winded story but I knew he had issues but that put me in jeopardy. If he still does it I hope he gets busted.:angel:

Frankly, I think if she is a klepto she would have been caught before now. But maybe not. I think the odds of her being a real klepto are small. If she is, she needs treatment. If she's not, as I suspect, she needs to go to jail and think about the issue. The 'poor me, my parents got divorced' line is old and way worn out.

Frankly, I think if she is a klepto she would have been caught before now. But maybe not. I think the odds of her being a real klepto are small. If she is, she needs treatment. If she's not, as I suspect, she needs to go to jail and think about the issue. The 'poor me, my parents got divorced' line is old and way worn out.

They should have Ivy League College jail, Belinda.;)

What's the chances she has already been caught and the people let her go once she told them who she was? I bet quite a few.

It's not even a comparisson, and my ex is educated, but not afforded an Ivy League education. BTW, which he has been PO'd about since the dawning of the new world. I do get that. However, as far as the stealing stuff. Let's see he's about 52 years old. The once and only time he got caught was when he was 17 years old and he had stolen a pair of sneakers. Another reason I think some klepto's keep it up. He's proud of that. Like it's a thrill. Like he can control the world if he gets away with it.

Again that's different than Harvard girl, but maybe it's a sense of entitlement?

I gotta go find a Sephora around me.;) That's another thing. Stealing. Like wasn't she reared to know that's one of the top mortal sins of life? I never stole a thing in my life. Not even candy when we were kids and everybody stole after school. I'd have still been on punishment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back