Spectacular Meteor Shower and Rare Planet Alignment Coincide

Dark Knight

Reaction score
ARGHHHHHH! Every stinking time something really cool like this happens....the forcast is HEAVY CLOUDS AND RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It hasn't rained in two weeks....today...TODAY it decides to rain! :banghead:

I really really really hope I remember to get outside to check it out tonight...I'm really looking forward to it :)

I watch the sky every night and lately it's been spectacular. Two nights ago I did see a falling star just moments after sunset. I am looking forward to tonight's display.

raining & cloudy here too

I agree, the sky has been awesome lately, we've been star watching a lot. I am sure tonight won't disappoint.
Can't wait!

Thanks! Its a clear night here. We're gonna go out and look up!

Sky is clear here, thanks for the heads up I'll go outside later to enjoy a little fire and do some star gazing!

VB

I'm in California, 10:21 PM, not a cloud in the sky - I can see all the stars, but no action yet. Can I anticipate seeing anything tonight? I'm at 4K feet.

Thanks!

Mel

I'm in California, 10:21 PM, not a cloud in the sky - I can see all the stars, but no action yet. Can I anticipate seeing anything tonight? I'm at 4K feet.

Thanks!

Mel

We watch every night and just came in (AZ here) tonight was very pretty for the alignment but fewer ''falling stars'' than other nights -- in a bit I am going back out to see if there are any late bloomers

We watch every night and just came in (AZ here) tonight was very pretty for the alignment but fewer ''falling stars'' than other nights -- in a bit I am going back out to see if there are any late bloomers

Thanks, I'll stay up as late as my little peeps let me :)

Mel

Thanks, I'll stay up as late as my little peeps let me :)

Mel

I am at 3600 ft elevation not that far below you!! -- hope you have a nice cool adult beverage on the patio too.:angel:

I am at 3600 ft elevation not that far below you!! -- hope you have a nice cool adult beverage on the patio too.:angel:

Hubby just got home from biz trip - bought me a nice bottle of wine :) Haven't seen anything yet though. How about you?

Mel

Ok,I live in Alabama, and the sky has been very clear lately. I read about the meteor shower,and the sky is extremely clear. I went out and looked up for a while. Saw some activity that could have been meteor material - looked like falling stars, tho, so maybe that is what it was. Trying to go in and out quietly, since dh is sleeping and he gets up sooooo early - usually by 5am!!

Hubby just got home from biz trip - bought me a nice bottle of wine :) Haven't seen anything yet though. How about you?

Mel

Just stepped out on the porch facing NE and nope -- pitch black (lots of stars) but no action -- am thinking I will have to rise early to ''catch it'' we were out at sunset and saw nothing. Lucky you with the wine....I just have beer LOL.:angel:

The meteors were really good last night, and I hope to see more tonight. Too fun!

(For those who had bad weather or clouds last night, the meteors last for several more days. Last night was just the peak night.)

I didn't see any last night. I'm going to bed now, so not tonight either. :(

I only saw 3 lastnight, after figuring how to work my table top telescope. I put my camera up to the sky and it recorded ones I did not see at all; very cool.

The sky is just so amazing. I think I have serious eye strain. Do they make telescopes you can look thru with 2 eyes in this day and age???

I got to see about 10. I absolutely love to watch them. I never get tired of it. Check out #7.

[video=youtube;QavUVDjBU7Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QavUVDjBU7Q[/video]

Thank you for posting the video. I did not get to see them live this year due to cloud cover but I have some memories stored up from years before. They are just amazing. One time one was so bright I could swear I heard it go whooooooooooooooosh.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back