Votes: 56 21.5%
  • Other

Votes: 8 3.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

suspicious1

Reaction score
After learning today that the SA did cut a deal with Ron, has that changed anyone's opinions as to his possible involvement in Haleigh's case?

Some of us agreed that SA wouldn't need Ron's testimony in the drug cases, so he had to be holding a trump card regarding Haleigh's case. It looks like he was after all. Whatever information Ron has for the SA regarding the Haleigh case was crucial enough to knock off his 2 highest charges. I admit that I don't know how that works, but I would think that the SA wouldn't be cutting any deals with Ron if they thought that he was a "suspect" in the disappearance of his daughter.

I always that Ron was directly involved in whatever happened to Haleigh but after hearing about this deal, maybe, just maybe, Ron was not directly involved. I want to believe that LE and the SA has more info and evidence than we know of soooooo......

Has anyone's opinions changed about Ron's possible involvement?

I wanted to make this a poll, but unfortunately I didn't know how do that.:innocent:

Maybe Kimster, can help me?:angel:

The State has sent a message that they do not believe ron is directly involved with Haleigh's demise. What they learned from misty and tommy completely ruled out ron.

I will say that if this is over drugs and guns that another wanted, then ron is morally responsible but legally he can't be touched. They are looking for the person whose hands took Haleigh's life. They are ignoring anything that led up to it, like ron's criminal activity and lifestyle.

The State has sent a message that they do not believe ron is directly involved with Haleigh's demise. What they learned from misty and tommy completely ruled out ron.

I will say that if this is over drugs and guns that another wanted, then ron is morally responsible but legally he can't be touched. They are looking for the person whose hands took Haleigh's life. They are ignoring anything that led up to it, like ron's criminal activity and lifestyle.

Hey Whisp, I agree, but wouldn't Ron's testimony mean that he knows enough about what happened to his daughter, to help the SA case?

How does that work?

No, my mind hasn't changed.
I never thought Ron was directly involved but if he was it was an accident and covered up so he wouldn't lose Jr.
I still think he knows what happened and who is responsible for Haleigh's death/disappearance. Hopefully he will tell the truth and end this nightmare for Haleigh's sake. It is hard for me to agree with Ron receiving deals or immunity but if that is the only way this mess will end and Haleigh can have justice and her loved ones can have peace and closure so be it. Sometimes it has to be done for the state to get a conviction on the guilty party, it happens all the time. I would like to hear an apology from him though if he has withheld info. to protect someone or himself.

JMO

there was time when I thought Ron was responsible, but there was something about the way that he clung to Misty that didn't sit right, & I wondered if she'd be willing to be around him if he was a murderer. I then wondered if he'd want to be around her, if she was the murderer. Honestly, IDK, but I get the impression that he'd get over it before she would. maybe that's why they moved in with GGS & he didn't go back to work? He thought Jr. needed protection? But yes, my feelings for Ron have changed...but not softened. I still think he is a most unusual person, who didn't give a fig about his children's safety.

No, my opinion hasn't changed.

My opinion of Ron C has not changed, nor has my low opinion of justice in Putnam County - in fact, it's been confirmed.

My opinion only

I don't think he did anything to haleigh but I think he knows Indirectly he did by exposing her to. his criminal lifestyles poor judgment as a parent as a whole..and plain out selfishness to keep up that type of lifestyle cuz it was easy money and grabbin the high right along with young tail..now he's finally feeling guilty cuz he's all sobered up and finally may fess up what he knows out of guilt. but this is just my opinion not fact unless proven ect..

My opinion of Ron C has not changed.. I believe he is the one directly responsible for Haleigh's death..And IMHO the justice system in Putnam County reeks with corruption, and everyone involved in investigating this case or representing any of the players involved in this case should (themselves) be investigated...I now know WHY Putnam County is referred to as the armpit of Florida...JMHO

My opinion of Ron's involvement has not changed, he brought all of this drugs n guns n crap into his home where he failed to see his children taken care of. The environment he provided is what ultimately caused harm to Haleigh and heartache for the people who really loved her. Not only Haleigh's life but other lives that will be forever be changed. I am not sure if it has ever even crossed his mind that he did this, he brought whatever happened - and didn't stop his drugs n guns n crap after her death, he kept it up until the sting locked him up. Now, now, he wants to talk, cooperate, testify in court to save his own a$$. Too little too late.

Hey Whisp, I agree, but wouldn't Ron's testimony mean that he knows enough about what happened to his daughter, to help the SA case?

How does that work?

Yep, you're right Suspicious but..

I never heard of getting a deal for possibly testifying in the future. I think he got a deal because that is the way it works for most people who are arrested in Putnam County and most places if you don't ask for a jury trial.

He is still on board for a minimum of 15 years. If he knows anything and held it back, I don't think they would be dealing. I think he is just going to testify about tommy, JO and misty's behavior if it ever goes to trial. He may talk about the fight with JO. I don't think he has anything else to offer or should I say that he cares to discuss. He might open up about the fight with JO. He might testify the bed was never slept in; he might say how many times he called misty and she didn't answer. All these things are known and all he has to do is repeat them which he would have had to do anyway even w/o a deal.

i knew he didnt directly kill her, i do believe he was at work, for at least some of his shift. but to echo many here, his lifestyle, the guns, drugs ect.. he is at least partially responsible, in an indirect sort of way.
i too always wondered why did he marry the very same girl, who he infamously blasted on the 911 tapes( "how could u let my daughter get stolen, b****?") perhaps to keep her quiet on fessing up( its because of some stuff/dispute between my cousin( whoever) and him over ( drugs, guns, fill in the blank here) = i could be WAY off/wrong though.

I'd like to wipe that silly smile and that silly mustache right off his face....grrr :furious:

i knew he didnt directly kill her, i do believe he was at work, for at least some of his shift. but to echo many here, his lifestyle, the guns, drugs ect.. he is at least partially responsible, in an indirect sort of way.
i too always wondered why did he marry the very same girl, who he infamously blasted on the 911 tapes( "how could u let my daughter get stolen, b****?") perhaps to keep her quiet on fessing up( its because of some stuff/dispute between my cousin( whoever) and him over ( drugs, guns, fill in the blank here) = i could be WAY off/wrong though.
My opinion:

The ONLY reason he married misty is to stop the public from going ballistic about his bedding a 16 yr old girl. People were starting to bring pitchforks and torches. He married her to squash it...it worked. He was in big trouble and he knew it.

Misty was in love...ron wasn't. He thought if he convinced her how much he loved her by marrying her, he could assure himself that she wouldn't take him to court on a stat charge. The only way they could convict him is with her and her parents filing. He would be serving almost 20 years for that one. Once again, he slithered out of a serious charge and conviction.

There was no other reason for the marriage. He used Haleigh as his excuse...grr :furious:

Has Your Opinions of Ron's Involvement Changed?

Noooo....after 18 months, I'm continuing to wait on this little girl's father to testify truthfully. Yesterday I saw where he finally agreed to do just that.

If anything changes for me, I'll get back with you.

Nope, have not changed my opinion of Ron.

Something I found interesting long ago was the speculations that Misty had left the children in the MH alone before and I always questioned why would Ron even leave them in her care? Why didn't TN or GGMS watch them?
If the gun Misty slept with was not there that night, how did Ron give it LE? Then there is the machine gun, where did that one go? We have two missing guns from the MH the night Haleigh went missing, yet Ron gave the barreta to LE that night. Something is not right here either. It shows to me that Ronald was in possession of both of his guns.

In hearing KP last night on JVM I question even more what TN and GGMS were doing as well. KP mentioned that Ron had taken the children to work with him before, first thing that came to mind was. Why did he not just take them over to TN or GGMS? TN said she lived on Rita. Why would Ronald take them to work and leave them in the car? In Feb it was cold out and I wonder if maybe he left the car running with the children inside and maybe something happen to Haleigh then from the gasses that are released when you leave a car running. Then I thought about Misty's blanket story..what if there was a blanket, just not in the van. In Ron's truck? The more I think about what Tommy and Misty say that involves Joe, the more I think that Joe is (Ronald). That Misty and Tommy are terrified of Ronald and know better than to implicate him, they rather implicate tiny Joe per Ronald's instructions.
I am glad KP said something about Ron leaving work, I felt this since early on.
I think that if we insert Ronald's name where Misty and Tommy have implicated Joe and put together all the details Misty has given LE might just get an idea of what happen that night. Ronald did look like he had just gotten in a fight, I now wonder with who.

Then we have this crazy story that Misty had to sleep with a gun under her pillow in case anyone would come in. Why? Who was after Ronald that she had to sleep with a Gun under her pillow? If I am not mistaken this was Joe's first time visiting/meeting Ronald. So, who did Ronald have a rift with?

IMO, they all played a part in the cover up...looks as if Misty stayed behind as Haleigh was disposed to watch over Jr. So, it could be true that she really does not know exactly where Haleigh was disposed of.
Tommy claims he went along for the ride with Joe, since Joe came over in the van. Here is the thing. CHELSEA WAS AWAKE! SHE WOULD KNOW IF JOE TOOK THE VAN! THEY ARE CLAIMING THIS TOOK PLACE AROUND MIDNIGHT AND CHELSEA WAS STILL AWAKE. SHE CLAIMS TIMMY WAS SLEEPING ON PAIN MEDS DUE TO AN ACCIDENT THAT STILL HAS YET TO SURFACE. WHAT IF RONALD AND TIMMY GOT INTO A FIGHT? OR THEY FOUGHT SOMEONE ELSE? JOE DIDN'T HAVE A SCRATCH ON HIM, NOR DID MISTY OR TOMMY.

When LE went to MA to question Chelsea for 14 hrs they clearly said it was not due to a walmart/store sighting. IMO, LE knows that Chelsea and Timmy either know what happen or took part in some way. JMO

LE went to TN to question Joe in April for less than hour.
I wonder though if maybe Joe was also threated and that is why he has not came forward? Or could Joe be Misty's secret witness?
Maybe Joe, Misty and Tommy were together that night but did not take part in what happen to Haleigh, only took part disposing her or knew what happen and had someone put a gun to their head and threated them that if they would ever talk they would end up dead along with their family.
If it were Ron that threated them, they probably know that Ron is the Golden child in PC and he has escaped the law many times. These guys are not the brightest bulbs to start with, add drugs and alcohol to their system and their brain is fried. JMO and Theory of course.

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Ron Cummings Agrees to Plea Deal

Aired August 20, 2010

"Snip" http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/20/ijvm.01.html

PICAZIO: Well, I know that Art Harris has wonderful sources, but I have not heard of that from law enforcement, and I don`t believe that there`s been any official count of phone calls or otherwise. And I wouldn`t expect there to be any release of information by law enforcement confirming or denying any phone calls were made.

But I find it hard to believe there were 98 phone calls in any period of time.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let me say this. Dr. Dale Archer, why would any father leave their child with a woman who has allegedly, purportedly been on a drug and cheating binge the last three days, and who doesn`t want to baby-sit the child?

DR. DALE ARCHER, PSYCHIATRIST: No. And first of all, any good father wouldn`t do that.

Second of all, 90 phone calls, if that is true, that`s an obsession. Then the question would be what would trigger that? That`s not because she was on a three-day party binge. That reeks to me of a guilty conscience.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I don`t -- I still don`t get what exactly he could tell prosecutors that`s going to convict anybody if he theoretically didn`t know what was going on and was so shocked that his daughter was kidnapped that he was pounding the wall and screaming. I don`t get that.

PICAZIO: The only thing I could figure would be if he heard information from Misty or from Tommy, someone in the family after the fact.

Also, law enforcement has forensic evidence from the trailer or from the crime scene; witnesses in the community that people who are working on the case and who were inside in the case working for one of the parents.

We did come to know some of those things. Ron has to have known about those things and Ron was not telling the entire truth when he said that he was at work the whole time and things of that nature.

So there`s a lot of things that Ron will say --

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Wait, wait you`re saying he did leave work that night before he came home, that there`s some mystery story we don`t know about?
PICAZIO: Well, there are some reports that have been substantiated or not by law enforcement about the time that he did get to work and prior nights where he had left work. And we also had confirmation from a security guard at his employer`s that on two occasions Ron had the children, Haleigh and her little brother, Junior sleeping in the car, while he was at work and came to check out on them.
So that might go to the phone calls that he was trying to get in touch with Misty because that would happen when Misty leave the trailer. Misty had left the trailer before on many evenings. We had eyewitness accounts by the neighbors that we had personally spoken to.

So all of these things -- and you take what -- that Ron -- now, the fact is that the prosecutor has dropped two of those drug charges. They would not have done that unless he already had told them probably a sworn proffer with use immunity given to him prior to them dropping.

PICAZIO: They`re not going to believe Ron that he`s going to keep his word.

JEFF BROWN, CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY: Well, let me -- let me just say a couple of things. One Jane any time a defendant in a trial has said something, that statement if it`s against their interest can be used against them.
So they may use Ron because somebody that`s going to be eventually charged has told them things. But the fact that somebody has gotten up to a couple of charges dropped in a plea deal does not necessarily mean that.

BROWN: They do it all the time. He`s still looking I think at 2/20, 3/25 year mandatory so it`s a big -- a big burden over on top of him.

Has Your Opinions of Ron's Involvement Changed?

Noooo....after 18 months, I'm continuing to wait on this little girl's father to testify truthfully. Yesterday I saw where he finally agreed to do just that.
If anything changes for me, I'll get back with you.

And please tell me you don't believe he will tell the truth..
He can hardly be described as being a person of his word...JMHOOTS

And please tell me you don't believe he will tell the truth..
He can hardly be described as being a person of his word...JMHOOTS

If you haven't seen this video from yesterday's proceeding, it's very much worth watching. Listen for the two key words that jump out to me...TRUTHFULLY and CONSECUTIVE.

I don't think the fat lady has sung yet.

Nothing's changed in my mind.

He didn't kill Haleigh, and he's a big (unusually) (unusual person).

I heard there was a break in this case last night and have been trying to catch up but I can't make sense of these statements/confessions! First of all, where is this Joe right now? I have always heard his name but until now I thought they weren't all that interested in him anymore- did he take/pass a poly? What kind of record does he have? One does not wake up one day and end up dealing in machine guns and THE MURDER OF A CHILD out of the blue! COULD Joe have been so mad about this supposed gun not being there that he became enraged? Of course, esp. if RC is his "arms dealer"! I'll bet RC has botched 'business" before...and yet, IF this did happen and IF is psycho enough to attack or kill a human being on the spot in retaliation-- then WHY didn't he go after MISTY???
He must be some kind of crazy and evil to turn on Hailey; again, does he have a history of assault? Even serious and connected criminals rarely go after innocent kids; they know it's as bad as killing a cop. IF it did happen this way, I can understand Misty hiding at first but as soon as Hailey was in danger, why oh why did she do absolutely nothing to save her? Is it possible Misty being so young and clueless- God, her letters were on a 2-3rd grade level at best. So, could she have just frozen in fear- of Joe's rage and RC's inevitable freakout? Obviously, she was following some kind of instructions as soon as she started using her phone; probably this also had to do with drugs and GOD KNOWS these people would rather make up lie after lie as a child is murdered, rather than reveal the truth:"Hey officers! First of all, I'm a doper, not gonna lie."... ANYONE who watches true crime like 48 hrs KNOWS this is the detective's cue to act all "Hey man, I'm a homicide detective. I could care less about arresting you for dope (well, not yet, anyway, but that will their own fault) right now!! There is an endangered child MISSING- help me find her and I promise we'll cut a plea with any narcotics or weapons charges- OK tell me what you know!!" IF they were soooo 'scared' Joe would come back and hurt them, WHY not give police detailed info. so then the police would see Misty and Ron as victims? WHY not give up Joe's vehicle description- his possible intents and destinations so that he may be found ASAP? WHY didn't either one CALL 911?? Mention a possibly-dead child and I PROMISE you Joe will become one hunted man within minutes! (DUH!) Did they remain silent in exchange for something? And WHY wouldn't they get in RC's truck and GO LOOKING THEMSELVES-!! They should have been asking about police dogs and amber alerts!! And even though the lake would not be a 'happy' destination as the sun came up- they should have CAMPED OUT THERE and demanded it be drained instead of smoking 1000s of cigs and holding hands!! I mean, supposedly Tommy had already let THEM know that, hey, he just rode along with Joe and WATCHED him throw the bag in- did he SERIOUSLY think this story made him like an innocent bystander? And we all know that once Joe was gone, why not have him locked up on suspicion of MURDER until the lake was emptied and they could recover Hayleigh's remains? So Ron's "badass" act was an order from Joe- to point this crime at a stranger? I really want to know what's going on with all this supposed fear of Joe, as if he were a one-man drug cartel with trained ninja assassins?! (o/t, lol, but why would Joe direct all his rage toward a girl in kindergarten?? Has he hurt kids before? o/t but I agree with whoever said this is ALL RC's fault, as he set up this risky/dangerous way of "living"; he was in charge and he failed to do ONE thing to keep his kids far away from dangerous people and situations. I'll bet he thought he was Superman once he won custody, he prob. bragged about it, and I think he enjoyed seeing their mother lose them. It's like if a parent drives drunk with their kid in the car, gets into a wreck and the kid is killed. We can usually believe that this wasn't the parent's INTENT- but it's still their fault. Thanks for allowing me to ramble all over the place; this case just has so MANY "unsolved mysteries."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong