Possible matches for Anna - #2

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
The last thread was combined/merged with various information regarding possible matches for Anna. From the Anna Waters Actress thread, to the myspace for Anna thread which branched off into more discussion regarding possible matches, to the Does this sound like Anna? thread. Having combined them into the single thread where they belong, the thread has reached the average number of posts for which we try not to exceed to keep reading threads easier for our WS members.

Please continue here.

Link to 'possible matches' part 1

Possible Matches for Anna - Page 22 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Please remember this thread is specifically for living matches to Anna. We have a seperate area at WS outside of this forum to discuss possible Jane Doe matches for Anna - the link to that thread is stickied at the top of Annas forum. here:

Possible 'Jane Doe' matches for Anna - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thank you!

You're efforts count.

I debated on whether or not to share this but I think I will.
Sometime in 2007 after passing by Annas forum dozens of times I started to read and became hooked. As a new sleuth I didn't know what exactly I had to offer but I knew I wanted to help. I began doing all the reading I could, searched for answers to questions I had. Had this question been answered? Had that question been answered? No some hadn't because at the time other more promising leads presented themselves.

One elusive lead in researching Margaret Kukoda. We found a girl about the right age who was born a Kukoda but later adopted so we began the search for NB or NK. No one could find this elusive 'NK' and the more we researched her family genealogy we couldn't find a match to our Kukoda family thus limiting the possibility this might be Anna.

Still, no stone left unturned we didn't want to give up until we could either find her or find someone who knew her. Still couldn't find much other than old court records with common names too difficult to research. Still, I pressed on and found a former husband of hers. Couldn't much on him either but finally one day-after TWO YEARS of searching- I found him on Myspace in November of 2009.

A little hesitant to make contact myself based on his background I asked Dr. Doogie to make that contact. At first he was hesitant to answer our questions until Doogie explained our search for Anna. Immediately he offered everything he could about his former wifes family, and why she could not be found online. He looked at Anna's photos and said no that could not be my former wife. And asked we contact him again if we thought he could be of further help. He made contact with Doogie himself when he thought of more he could offer. Our last contact with him was in Dec 2009.

I thought about him today and found an obit. He was gone by late January 2010. Two years of searching and only a 2 month possible window finding him online until his untimely passing at only age 38, his offer of help allowed us to rule out a possible match for Anna that eluded us for more than two years. Likely since the search for Anna began on Websleuths in the earliest threads. Such a short window of opportunty but he helped...... and God allowed us to find him to rule out a possible match for Anna.

I thought I would share, just to say never give up.

And I wanted to thank Andrei T' for his assistance in our search for Anna.
You have those answers we are looking for Andrei.
May God Bless you and may you rest in peace. You will not be forgotten.

Cubby

Thanks, Cubby, for the beautiful post above.

One thing that I would add is that, as much as we all want to find Anna, I am glad that NK turned out to not be a match. It turns out that she had suffered some brain damage from drug use and is under constant medical care. If she had been Anna, it would have been a bittersweet find since she is in such bad shape.

While saying a prayer for Andrei, please add one for NK also that she would be healed or, at least, be provided comfort from her condition.

TY Doogie. I too have added prayers for NK. I appreciate your adding that additional sensitive information in a way I couldn't put into words.

Hi Cubby,

Thank you for you beautiful post above. It's a reminder to us all that everything/everyone we rule out is just as important as what we rule in.

I remember working on this with you (behind the scenes) late last year or early this year when you asked me to do some research on ancestry. You and Doogie ruled NK/NT out very quickly once you found her ex, this is an absolute testament to your dedication to Anna and her family and your excellent sleuthing abilities. I take my hat off to you.

Doogie, I totally agree with you, I am also glad the NK/NT did not turn out to be Anna as it would definitely have been bitter sweet for Annasmom, Anna's family and Anna's WS family. I think that all of us here at WS would like to believe that Anna was given to or taken by a family that wanted to raise her as their own child and love and care for as you would your own child.

We will continue our search.

Thanks, Cubby, for the beautiful post above.

One thing that I would add is that, as much as we all want to find Anna, I am glad that NK turned out to not be a match. It turns out that she had suffered some brain damage from drug use and is under constant medical care. If she had been Anna, it would have been a bittersweet find since she is in such bad shape.

While saying a prayer for Andrei, please add one for NK also that she would be healed or, at least, be provided comfort from her condition.

Um... I don't mean to be negative, really... but, well... just consider...

If Anna were reading here, trying to get nerve to make contact and well, she has "issues" like drugs, alcohol, mental or physical ailments, etc., it might deter her from making contact if she thinks we're "glad" that people like that weren't a match for her...

Going back to my corner now... :blushing:

I hope that is not the way that she would read it. We want to find Anna whatever her current situation is. The woman that we are speaking of is so brain damaged that she may not even understand what was happening if she had been Anna. When we find Anna, she may have a "history", but she will be welcomed with open arms regardless of what has happened in the past. My comment was only meant to express that this woman did have issues and that would have been tragic if Anna had suffered this fate.

Um... I don't mean to be negative, really... but, well... just consider...

If Anna were reading here, trying to get nerve to make contact and well, she has "issues" like drugs, alcohol, mental or physical ailments, etc., it might deter her from making contact if she thinks we're "glad" that people like that weren't a match for her...

Going back to my corner now... :blushing:

MagicRose, how great to see you here. Even if we were, well, relieved that those issues didn't pertain in that particular case, if in fact Anna had had to face such things, she'd still be Anna, no matter what she had gone through, welcome and beloved.

Not sure if this is the right threat to post this, so if not, Cubby could please move it to where it should be.

After Sidekick posted in the GB thread about Ancestry having more year books, I went to have a look. No luck with GB, EW or MK but then I decided to start looking at everyone named Anna. After many, many hours of looking at Anna's (and only scratching the surface, Anna is a very popular name) I have come across 2 young girls that caught my eye (neither of which are actually named Anna).

Both of these girls were 16 in 1983, so the age fits Anna. The first girl caught my eye because she bares a remarkable resemblance to Annasmon, although not a great pic. The second girl is even more interesting to me. Her pic is much better and is in colour. She has dark blonde hair, she looks to me as though she has brown eyes, she has a gap between her front teeth (which Anna had a a young child) and just to top it off, she has a mole on her cheek in the same place as Anna. Although I do see a resemblance to the professional AP pic's of Anna, the pic this girl most resembles is the one Annasmom did herself. This girls nose is really the only thing that would maybe put me off a bit because her nostrils look smaller than Anna's may be.

I don't know how to save this pic so that people can look at it, so if someone else with an Ancestry subscription knows how to do it, I would appreciate it it you could do so and post the link so other members can have a look and see if this is worth following up on.

You really need to do a side by side with Annasmom's AP pic of Anna.

Link to the Ancestry page below.

http://search.ancestry.com.au/iexec...26&fn=Anna&ln=Combess&st=r&ssrc=&pid=39882597

P.S. I know my post above might be a long shot but, no stone left unturned.

Ozzie, only ancestry members can see the photo's. Can you upload to imageshack or another similiar photo hosting/doc site? I don't recommend photo bucket because the accounts are automatically deleted after 90 days or so of non use.

I'm interested in seeing the photo's. I'm also curious to know if you checked to see if either of these two girls had siblings they resembled. I've run across a few photo's of girls who strongly resemble Anna but upon further research I end up ruling them out when I find a sibling that strongly resembles the Anna look alike.

thanks and hth.

Ozzie, only ancestry members can see the photo's. Can you upload to imageshack or another similiar photo hosting/doc site? I don't recommend photo bucket because the accounts are automatically deleted after 90 days or so of non use.

I'm interested in seeing the photo's. I'm also curious to know if you checked to see if either of these two girls had siblings they resembled. I've run across a few photo's of girls who strongly resemble Anna but upon further research I end up ruling them out when I find a sibling that strongly resembles the Anna look alike.

thanks and hth.

Hi Cubby,

I will have to work out how to use photoshack so if anyone else has an Ancestry subscription that can do it in the mean time, that would be great.

I hadn't thought about looking for siblings, I will have a look tonight.

I've received some info on another possible match to research. This is a girl on the east coast, in the area's GB claimed to have relatives. I do not want to post her private info on the forum, but if someone has a little extra time to do some research and cross referencing, please send me a pm so I can forward the info.

thanks!

I've received some info on another possible match to research. This is a girl on the east coast, in the area's GB claimed to have relatives. I do not want to post her private info on the forum, but if someone has a little extra time to do some research and cross referencing, please send me a pm so I can forward the info.

thanks!

Heya Cubby, please see you're inbox!

SK

I got it sidekick, thank you. We found the info we were looking for and unfortunately another rule out.

A member had sent me some info on a female with the last name very close to Eifee, with her first and middle initials close to Annas names and a father listed as George. Unfortunately there are two females on the east coast with this name similiar to Anna. One who is about a decade younger than Anna - who strongly resembles Anna and the other - the correct age does not.... so another rule out. But still leaving no stone unturned. It was something I had missed in my search going through ALL the google results for Eifee so the more eyes looking the better!

thanks!

thanks and hth.

Here is the picture of the page on Ancestry:

annaposs.jpg

Thank you J. Brannagh. hopefully when OzzieMum drops in she can tell us which two she was refering too.... I'm thinking the far right 3rd row but not sure which other one she meant.

thanks again!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts