NY - Long Island NY - Grandma Stolen From Grave

What the heck is going on with the GRAVE ROBBING ???? Is it a new trend? What the heck are people doing with the deceased once they steal em? :waitasec:

The entire thing is just so morbid, sad and twisted...............

This is the second grave robbery we have started following in a month!

Hope Grandma is found and brought home.

Salem

Oh these poor, poor people.

I echo Linda in what the he*l are they doing with the bodies of these people?

Grave robbing has always been around. In especially bad economical times of course they're going to see some graves robbed, but not the bodies. Jewelry, sure. Taking this poor ladies body?

The family is offering a $30,000 reward. How sad is that? You need to offer a reward for your loved ones remains? Plus that might not be a great idea in the longrun because can you imagine how many desperate people will now rob a grave hoping for a reward?

O.K. here it says three moseleums were broken into and vandalized. One the coffin was taken outside and the body removed. A Detective has seen graves robbed before, but in 25 years this was maybe the second he'd ever heard of. Yikes and he's out of Long Island.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703447004575450002114550396.html?mod=googlenews_wsj

Meaning absolutely no disrespect to family of anyone this has happened to, but I'm wondering? This can't be about harvesting organs, right? This woman has been dead quite some time. Could it be for tendons and such? People selling body parts? I doubt it. Heck, they can just remove an organ you don't need during surgery for something else if they want to. Plus an elderly lady?

Just thinking is all. If this was the reason why vandalize several crypts? This is downright body snatching.

Incredibly amazing! I remember as a child when two graves at a local cemetery were robbed. Not of bodies, but of jewelry and other articles. always figured it had to be someone known to the family, to know that there were items worth stealing. This is just bizarre.

Incredibly amazing! I remember as a child when two graves at a local cemetery were robbed. Not of bodies, but of jewelry and other articles. always figured it had to be someone known to the family, to know that there were items worth stealing. This is just bizarre.

Exactly, Sunnie. Otherwise people would have to be opening a hecka lot of graves to find expensive items.

Anymore I don't think people are buried with expensive jewelry or anything. It's not like we have some Egyptian Prince here in this country.

That has to be some bad karma a person will get stealing from the dead and worse stealing the dead.

This is totally creeping me out. No respect. No respect at all. Nowadays, you can't even be at peace when you're dead. How sad.

An observation and an update. I don't recall seeing Mrs. Filippazzo's photo when I first looked at the top link on this page. Was it there? There's a full length photo of her and her handsome husband, dressed "to the nines". I wonder if she was known for her jewelry? This looks to be a special event but some ladies do like to collect special jewelry. I realize that she worked as a seamstress (no doubt making that lovely gown) but she did have 21 grandkids who loved her and undoubtedly gifted her with pretty things. Could the jewelry have been a motive?

Here's the update:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/08/31/still-no-arrests-in-east-farmingdale-grave-robbing-case/

"Police are baffled as to how grave robbers managed to break into three mausoleums and steal a woman’s body from a crypt on Aug. 23, 2010...."

more at link

August 2011:

The family recently increased the reward from $30,000 to $70,000...

Suffolk County detective Lt. Robert Edwards, who is investigating the Filipazzo theft, said police have brought in experts on religious cults and referred to books on the occult, all to no avail....

Two other mausoleums in the massive 600-acre St. Charles Cemetery were damaged before thieves entered the adjoining Filippazzo family mausoleum, leading police to theorize the woman's remains were not specifically targeted. Her husband Stefano Filipazzo's remains were not touched....

http://m.deseretnews.com/article/700173285/NY-family-ponders-fate-of-stolen-womans-remains.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T-Dog
Back