8/20 Ron takes plea, will testify in Haleighs trial

I have been reading this thread for a couple of days and felt unable to respond. My first reaction concerning Ron's plea was pure shock and disgust. Why, of all the people that have received sentences, on all of their charges, does Ron get "the break" ? I must still hope that the state has more in store for Ronnie. I can't accept that they would dismiss the heaviest charges against him when he clearly takes an active roll in these drug deals. If they really believed Ron to be the "greiving father", they wouldn't have busted him in the first place, IMO.

No, there MUST be some higher plan in the works here.

What makes me even sicker is that Ron only volunteers the truth when his *advertiser censored** is on the line. Haleigh is his daughter and he has to be threatened to tell the truth about her disappearance. He should be locked up in the toughest prison Florida has to offer and his stay should far exceed this pitiful deal the state is offering now.

Great Post!!!I so agree with you. I have been asked before if I thought that there was corruption in Putnam County LE; I do not know this to be fact, but at times it does appear to be so. I am tending to believe that there is much going on that we are not privy to. Personally, I always felt that Haleigh's disapearance was felt by the whole community as well as the country. Haleigh captured a lot of people's hearts and the clan she can from has been despised. I'm still having faith that the local Le is making the rights choices in trying to make sure all involved spend many years in prison.

How could Hank Sr, complaine to the police if 300 of his pills were stolen when a person can't get more then so many pills at a time...especially a narcotic? He couldn't have gotten that many pills legally from a doctor at one time.

I respectfully disagree. I have chronic pain and get more than 300 narcotic pills legally each month. I have both longer acting pain medication and shorter acting for breakthrough.

However, years ago, I used to take only shorter acting, vicodin and percocet. Both pills were prescribed every 4 hours. That is 180 pills each month of vicodin, 180 percocet for a total of 360 pills legally at one time.

Drug seekers who do not need pain medication not only have an easier time getting prescriptions but usually get prescribed more pills than those who need pain meds to get out of bed. The ones with the documented medical history of chronic pain have to fight because doctors are worried about addiction and drug seeking.

How could Hank Sr, complaine to the police if 300 of his pills were stolen when a person can't get more then so many pills at a time...especially a narcotic? He couldn't have gotten that many pills legally from a doctor at one time.

Maybe not, but he sure reported it. I have no idea where he got his pills.

JMO

He could of seen different Dr.'s and got two scripts or more. Maybe that is why he was charged with Dr.Shopping? I know that legally you can get 180 vicodin for the month. Maybe he got vicodin and another type of pain med to go with it? Or he could of gotten different Dr.'s to write him scripts and had them filled at different pharmacies. In cases like that they red flag you, let the insurance pay for the first script and make you pay for the second, then red flag you for the third. Something like..hope I am making some sense, at least that is how it works here in VA. I had a patient that got 300 pain pills a month legally, so I will assume he got them in FL a lot easier and illegally. JMO though.

Details: http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542009CF002296XXAXMX
File Date: 11/24/2009
Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Case Status: REOPENED CASE
Defense Atty: RANEW, JASON
Case File Location: CRIMINAL DIVISION

Defendant: CROSLIN, HANK T SR
Alias: No Alias Records

Date # Docket Description
11/24/2009 1 COMPLAINT FILED: FDLE

11/24/2009 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A

11/24/2009 1 DOCTOR SHOPPING(WITHHOLDING INFORMATION FROM A

11/24/2009 1 PRACTITIONER (F3)

11/24/2009 2 FELONY WARRANT ISSUED - BOND SET AT $2504.00

11/25/2009 3 ARREST REPORT - 11/24/2009

well now dont this just fit rcs job title.he was the mastermind of timelines and alibis from the get go over and over and over.oh dear so sad

IMO, based upon the outlined paragraph that the SA's stood and read in the courtroom prior to RC officially accepting the plea offer before the judge, this is an absolute win/win for the state of Florida and more importantly, for the investigators in HaLeigh's case;

(BBM)

Quoting the SA: Mr. Cummings understands and agrees that this negotiation comtemplates him providing truthful, substantial assistance to include, but not limited to, truthful testimony if called upon by the state of Florida in any lawful proceeding including, but not limited to, statements, depositions, hearings, trials, or any other situation required.

I understand that my failure to provide substantial assistance or truthful testimony in any lawful proceeding when called upon by the state will constitute a breach of this negotiated deposition contract and, as a consequence, my plea will stand but the negotiated sentence will not and I may be sentenced to any lawful sentence, which includes up to the statutory maximum on each individual count, consecutively.

(Key word here is "any" and this is what makes this a win/win for the SAO/HaLeigh's investigation)
Source: http://www.news4jax.com/video/24705313/index.html

IMO, based upon the outlined paragraph that the SA's stood and read in the courtroom prior to RC officially accepting the plea offer before the judge, this is an absolute win/win for the state of Florida and more importantly, for the investigators in HaLeigh's case;

(BBM)

Quoting the SA: Mr. Cummings understands and agrees that this negotiation comtemplates him providing truthful, substantial assistance to include, but not limited to, truthful testimony if called upon by the state of Florida in any lawful proceeding including, but not limited to, statements, depositions, hearings, trials, or any other situation required.

I understand that my failure to provide substantial assistance or truthful testimony in any lawful proceeding when called upon by the state will constitute a breach of this negotiated deposition contract and, as a consequence, my plea will stand but the negotiated sentence will not and I may be sentenced to any lawful sentence, which includes up to the statutory maximum on each individual count, consecutively.
(Key word here is "any" and this is what makes this a win/win for the SAO/HaLeigh's investigation)
Source: http://www.news4jax.com/video/24705313/index.html

Color chg & BBM

Thank you for posting this. You are correct that the key word is "any", and it is definitely a win/win for the SA. What I also think is important in this plea deal is that RC could face an additional 50 yrs MINIMUM for not being truthful since the 2 charges dropped carried a Mandatory Minimum of 25 yrs each.

ETA: I hope this is enough incentive for him to tell the TRUTH. JMO

How can they give a plea to HaLeigh case when nobody knows where HaLeigh is and no body knows what happened to her, "IF" RC was at work he don't know nothing..

Timeline... I don't know of a timeline...

WHERE IS HALEIGH ANN MARIE CUMMINGS?

Does Ron ever want justice for his little daughter?
REMEMBER RON, her name is HALEIGH and she's
even tatooed on your leg and her name on your back!
Think of your other 2 sons..............

How can they give a plea to HaLeigh case when nobody knows where HaLeigh is and no body knows what happened to her, "IF" RC was at work he don't know nothing..

Timeline... I don't know of a timeline...

WHERE IS HALEIGH ANN MARIE CUMMINGS?

"Officially" they (SAO) did not give Ronald a plea deal in exchange for testimony in HaLeigh's case, or for any other case for that matter - specifically. The way that I see it/read it is the plea deal was given in exchange for "any" truthful & substantial information about "any" information they seek and/or questions they ask pertaining to "any" case. What information do I think the SAO is most interested in? Information pertaining to HaLeigh's disappearance. Ronald stopped talking to/cooperating with LE along time ago, successfully hiding behind his attorney (TS), thereby avoiding answering LE's questions on the record. As I see it, Ronald will no longer have that protection. He will be expected to tell the truth and if LE suspects that he isn't (stories aren't making sense/lining up...), he'll be grilled (about time) and he'll be held accountable "on the record" for every word and every statement that comes out of his mouth. Ronald will now have to provide proof that he's telling LE the truth; truthful and substantial information...

~ AMOO ~

(BBM)
Color chg & BBM

Thank you for posting this. You are correct that the key word is "any", and it is definitely a win/win for the SA. What I also think is important in this plea deal is that RC could face an additional 50 yrs MINIMUM for not being truthful since the 2 charges dropped carried a Mandatory Minimum of 25 yrs each.

IMO, no, I do not think this is/will be an incentive for Ronald to tell the truth. I'm of the opinion that Ronald still thinks that he can outsmart LE, therefore, he'll continue to spin lies. This agreement between RC and the SAO doesn't change my already nil faith in Ronald, what it changes is my faith in LE, knowing that they now have the power to actually fully question/interview/interrogate Ronald and there isn't a darn thing he can do to stop or prevent it.

~ AMOO ~

(BBM)

IMO, no, I do not think this is/will be an incentive for Ronald to tell the truth. I'm of the opinion that Ronald still thinks that he can outsmart LE, therefore, he'll continue to spin lies. This agreement between RC and the SAO doesn't change my already nil faith in Ronald, what it changes is my faith in LE, knowing that they now have the power to actually fully question/interview/interrogate Ronald and there isn't a darn thing he can do to stop or prevent it.

~ AMOO ~

Hi Nomore, I totally agree with you. Now it will be interesting to see what RC will tell at this point. Hope he tells all about Misty. Maybe then she will see that he doesn't care about anyone but himself, and spill all she knows about him. I think LE is finally getting somewhere!

well now dont this just fit rcs job title.he was the mastermind of timelines and alibis from the get go over and over and over.oh dear so sad

ITA blaze! (can i call you that for short?lol)

to me what is even more sad is all Ron is going to do, is say "i don't know i was at work" IMO

BUT, unless LE knows for a fact that he wasn't at work for ALL of the hours he claimed to be.

this whole case is sad, and what a way to disrespect your own daughter, in the worst way possible....

JMO

Color chg & BBM

(BBM)

~ AMOO ~

nomoresorrow, I would like to expand on my comment, if I may, because I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. IMO, NO parent should EVER need ANY incentive to tell the truth about anything pertaining to their missing child. Unfortunately, by all outward appearances, RC doesn’t understand what being a parent is all about and that his children, and their welfare, should come first, no matter what. IMO, the only thing RC does understand is a lifestyle of drugs, guns, and his freedom to “do what I want.” My comment was about hoping that 50yrs of incarceration would be an incentive that maybe he would understand. Do I believe this is enough incentive? One can only hope…for HaLeigh’s sake.

My opinion of, or faith in, RC has not changed either…not since the first interview of him falling to the ground over 18 months ago. I wish I could post my opinion of RC here, but, without a doubt, I would be zapped by Kimster’s famous ray-gun. :innocent:

All of this is JMO…FWIW :)

nomoresorrow, I would like to expand on my comment, if I may, because I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. IMO, NO parent should EVER need ANY incentive to tell the truth about anything pertaining to their missing child. Unfortunately, by all outward appearances, RC doesn’t understand what being a parent is all about and that his children, and their welfare, should come first, no matter what. IMO, the only thing RC does understand is a lifestyle of drugs, guns, and his freedom to “do what I want.” My comment was about hoping that 50yrs of incarceration would be an incentive that maybe he would understand. Do I believe this is enough incentive? One can only hope…for HaLeigh’s sake.

My opinion of, or faith in, RC has not changed either…not since the first interview of him falling to the ground over 18 months ago. I wish I could post my opinion of RC here, but, without a doubt, I would be zapped by Kimster’s famous ray-gun. :innocent:

All of this is JMO…FWIW :)

Hi Maia! Actually I understood your (original) post to mean exactly as you've detailed above - lol. I was simply sharing my own thoughts about whether I think the threat of additional time (to be served) would be an incentive for Ronald to honestly tell all to LE.

will he have to testify to the fact that he called mc and warned her db was a snitch and what would the reasoning for that be..because theres a reason for that also ..

Ron and his lawyer aren't dumb. If Ron is willing to testify in a trial and it might help find his daughter, then he has something of value. If he has something of value, he would be stupid not to use it to help his own drug case. Ron is a pragmatist.

Why would this be hiding anything??

Let's put it this way, if you have money to purchase something at the grocery and you have a coupon for the product, would you not use the coupon? You want the product and would buy it in any case, but why not benefit from the added savings?

Obviously, not the exact same thing, but the same concept.

Why did he wait until he was arrested and in need of a bargaining chip to offer something of value in the search for his ' heart' who went missing a year earlier? What if he was never arrested. Does he get to keep the secret that could find his daughter or give her justice forever?
What a great Dad!!:sick:

there was absolute overkill on i was at work imo someone doesnt overkill a statement it makes me think opposite.and rc will never tell the truth even if his hand is on a bible the so are they blinded by the light or what.

Why did he wait until he was arrested and in need of a bargaining chip to offer something of value in the search for his ' heart' who went missing a year earlier? What if he was never arrested. Does he get to keep the secret that could find his daughter or give her justice forever?
What a great Dad!!:sick:

I don't see how you can jump to that concusion. We don't know that Ron has not already given this information to some members of LE. LE has to determine that they want someone to testify to some particular information they have been told. LE may have asked Ron if certain things were said or done by somebody else that he might not otherwise have even thought they would be interest in.

I'm sure Ron's lawyer took advantage of anything that LE found of interest, to see if he could gain some benefit for his client. There is nothing to indicate that Ron withheld information from LE that he knew would be useful. IMO, if he thought he knew something that could bring the abductors to justice, he would have provided it. Regardless of other shortcomings he might have, he loves this child and wants justice on her behalf.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brentr
Back