Could this be how the world ends in 2012?

I believe the world will end on December 21, 2012..

• Yes

Votes: 4 1.3%
  • No

Votes: 158 51.3%
  • Not 100% Sure Either Way.

Votes: 39 12.7%
  • Not if the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu saves the day!

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • The foil hats will save us by reflecting the flares.

Votes: 31 10.1%
  • only if idiots try to bomb us out of existence to make it happen on that day

Votes: 21 6.8%
  • only if it's also Superman's day off.

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Not sure but kinda hoping it does.

Votes: 9 2.9%
  • Only if the zombies get us

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • Only if pigs fly

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • It's only going to be a cleansing of the gene pool

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • ...tap..tap..tap..is this mic on?..hello, is anybody else here?..tap..tap

Votes: 4 1.3%

• Total voters

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
Link

Massive solar storm to hit Earth in 2012 with 'force of 100m bombs'

...Similar storms back in 1859 and 1921 caused worldwide chaos, wiping out telegraph wires on a massive scale. The 2012 storm has the potential to be even more disruptive.

"The general consensus among general astronomers (and certainly solar astronomers) is that this coming Solar maximum (2012 but possibly later into 2013) will be the most violent in 100 years," News.com.au quoted astronomy lecturer and columnist Dave Reneke as saying.

"A bold statement and one taken seriously by those it will affect most, namely airline companies, communications companies and anyone working with modern GPS systems.

"They can even trip circuit breakers and knock out orbiting satellites, as has already been done this year," added Reneke.

No one really knows what effect the 2012-2013 Solar Max will have on today's digital-reliant society....

Oh well, it's been a nice ride while it lasted, eh?

Well if it does I am going to be ticked ! There are many things I want to do before my time and my 9:00 to 5:00 M-F isnt it ... I would hate to spend my last year slave to the grind, when I could rack up my credit cards in Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zeland and the Caribbean with my family :)

Well if it does I am going to be ticked ! There are many things I want to do before my time and my 9:00 to 5:00 M-F isnt it ... I would hate to spend my last year slave to the grind, when I could rack up my credit cards in Brazil, Mexico, Australia, New Zeland and the Caribbean with my family :)

I'm curious about suicides, sick calls, credit card purchases and other things that people might do if they truly believe the earth is going to be destroyed.

It falls on a Friday so I'm guessing there will be a lot of parties. Unfortunately, there will also be, most likely, a lot DD deaths too.

Hi SteelyDan, Does this have anything to do with an island off the West coast of Africa where a huge chunk of land is suppose to fall into the ocean that will cause a major chain reaction?

xox xox

PS; Forgive me as I haven't read all the links here but have watched it on TV.

I haven't heard of the Africa thingy. Do you have a link? It sounds interesting. Read the OP, it has to do with the worst solar storm in 100 years that's expected to happen in late 2012 or early 2013.

I haven't heard of the Africa thingy. Do you have a link? It sounds interesting. Read the OP, it has to do with the worst solar storm in 100 years that's expected to happen in late 2012 or early 2013.

They had a major scientific show about this Steely in 2009 I believe. It was to happen on a certain date which was either 2011 or 2012, and the effect of the slippage of land into the ocean was going to cause such consequesces that was to possibly end the world. I also believe it was stated to be the end of the world as fortold by ancient astrologers or scientists.

I will look to see what I can find. I do believe it was on the public broadcasting system, OPB here in Oregon.

I remember when I saw it my sister had been diagnosed with a rare cancer and I was hoping she would live long enough to experience what was to happen as she was an astrologer. xox

They had a major scientific show about this Steely in 2009 I believe. It was to happen on a certain date which was either 2011 or 2012, and the effect of the slippage of land into the ocean was going to cause such consequesces that was to possibly end the world. I also believe it was stated to be the end of the world as fortold by ancient astrologers or scientists.

I will look to see what I can find. I do believe it was on the public broadcasting system, OPB here in Oregon.

I remember when I saw it my sister had been diagnosed with a rare cancer and I was hoping she would live long enough to experience what was to happen as she was an astrologer. xox

The Mayans as well as some Asian ancient societies predicted the world would end on December 21, 2012. A lot of people believe it. The vast majority don't but a lot do. Supposedly there is going to be some kind of celestial alignment that only happens every thousand years or so. IIRC.

Funny, but I'm listening to C2C and George Noory is reading this news story (the solar storm in 2012) right now.

If it's a celestial event that happens every 100 years or even every 1000 years the world has ended lots of times already and no one just noticed.

I still feel cheated that nothing whatsoever happened because of the well hyped 2K crisis. I never even got stuck in an elevator once.

SO, who is this soft feathered brown Australian brown emu??? i would very much like to meet him :) Steely??

Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu to the rescue! I just don't buy into the world ending. Changing, yes. Dramatically changing, maybe. Ending, no.

Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu to the rescue! I just don't buy into the world ending. Changing, yes. Dramatically changing, maybe. Ending, no.

ITA...dramatic change, yes. And I do mean dramatic. But the world will still be here, and so will humans, although maybe not so many. That's what I see, anyway.

BUT....I'm hanging on for dear life to the Super Soft Feathered Brown Australian Emu! :biggrin:

No worries! This emu's on the job! :dance:

Attachments

• EMU.jpg
    EMU.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 29
SO, who is this soft feathered brown Australian brown emu??? i would very much like to meet him :) Steely??

Click on the fifth button. He's working out to save the world.

And here's another one of him;

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5LENwgWjB0[/ame]

Link

1) The Maya, as with almost all ancient world cultures, believed that the earth, as part of its natural cycle of being, lives through a series of successive ‘world ages’, each separated by sudden physical planetary upheaval.

2) According to modern day researchers, the Long Count calendar system was established by the Maya in ancient times to forecast or mark out the very transition points between world ages.

3) The primary recurring cycle of the Long Count calendar has been found to consist of precisely 1872000 solar days (approximately equal to 5125.36 years). And this period of time is held to be the very duration of each successive world age.

4) From the study of Long Count inscriptions found at various ancient Mayan settlements, evidence has been uncovered to suggest that the Maya believed the current world age began on 11 August 3114 BC - Gregorian calendar. (Or, under the older Julian calendar, 6 September 3114 BC).

5) If the researchers are correct in their reconstruction of the Long Count start-date, which would represent the end of the last world age and the beginning of the present age, then the addition of 1872000 days to the time of 11 August 3114 BC, will place the end of the current age at precisely: 21 December 2012 AD.

End of the world? Or time to get a new calendar?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG6b3V2MNxQ[/ame]

Question

When most of the planets align in 2012 and planet earth is in the center of the milky way,what will the effects of this be on planet earth? could it cause a pole shift,if so what could we expect.

There is no planet alignment in 2012 or any other time in the next several decades. As to the Earth being in the center of the Milky Way, I don't know what this phrase means, If you are referring to the Milky Way Galaxy, we are rather far toward the edge of this spiral galaxy, some 30,000 light years from the center. Concerning a polar shift, I also don't know what this means. If it means some sudden change in the position of the pole (that is, the rotation axis of the Earth), then that is impossible. There is no point in speculating about the consequences of something that has never happened and never will. Before geologists discovered the role of plate tectonics (about 60 years ago), there was some speculation that a polar shift was involved in transforming the Antarctic, for example, from a warm to a cold climate, but now we know it was the Antarctic continent that moved, not the rotation pole. The bottom line is that there is no possibility of a "polar shift" and no danger associated with one.
David Morrison
NAI Senior Scientist
May 14, 2008
http://astrobiology.nasa.gov/ask-an-astrobiologist/question/?id=3093

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members