Reaction score
More than ever perhaps :

• Space is at a premium.
• Time is at a premium.
• Cash is at a premium.

Hence the need for the -

‘ Easy Inter Burial Container ‘

EIBC_01.jpg

For which a new US patent was granted yesterday.

‘ This invention relates to conserving land area and easy to install burial containers which can be pressed, agitated, screwed, self bored or by other means set into earth or other receiving materials and do not require a large amount of land area or a large pre-dug rectangular hole with subsequent refilling after the placement of the burial container. ‘

The screw-into-the-ground casket will use only one third of the normal space required – and ' bores its own final hole ' with assitance either by hand :
EIBC_02.jpg

or, even more rapidly, with a specially adapted tractor backhoe.
EIBC_03.jpg

• Full details of US pat. 7,631,404 here
• Previous patent app. with drawings here

note :
The EIBC will normally be made of metal - but will also be available in clear plastic : " A clear plastic Easy Inter Burial Container, where the body is additionally encased in clear resin and is standing erect for all to view during installation, creates a very impressive image. "

young engineer's dream from Purdue?

I first thought this was a joke..........I'd rather be cremated than screwed.........

I shouldn't laugh but I just got a very vivid mental picture of a "A clear plastic Easy Inter Burial Container" being screwed into the group with a machine. I really don't see how a family would want to see their loved spinning into the ground. Maybe it would be great if the deceased was really into amusement park rides?

I was trying to imagine ''gee a casket with a view'' (below ground yikes what a view)

IDK, it's not a horrible idea. As graveyards become more and more crowded, with less available land, these might be a good way to save space.

I shouldn't laugh but I just got a very vivid mental picture of a "A clear plastic Easy Inter Burial Container" being screwed into the group with a machine. I really don't see how a family would want to see their loved spinning into the ground. Maybe it would be great if the deceased was really into amusement park rides?

No kidding, what a final image of your loved one! Jewelry and ties and hair flying around! What if their belt popped off and their pants fell down as they were spinning into the ground???? :eek:

I'm not sure it would be much better if you were turning them by hand into the ground, having to watch them turn right in front of you every time it went around? "Bye dad, bye again dad, bye AGAIN dad...." Geez.

Somewhere it talked about mourners either taking turns with the hand crank, or taking turns using the tractor, with everyone getting a chance to bury the person. WTHeck?

IDK, it's not a horrible idea. As graveyards become more and more crowded, with less available land, these might be a good way to save space.

With a few adjustments, you could bury a regular casket vertically, you wouldn't have to turn a loved one, or yourself, into a huge screw to achieve the same goal, I don't think.

Then again, there are some politicians I'd like to see buried this way, seems appropriate.

My poor departed xhubby would have loved this idea. As it was he wanted to be cremated and his ashes put down a flagpole in Washington DC. Why I have no clue. As it ended up since we were divorced they threw him in a box and buried him.
Every once in awhile I go up to the cemetery and there they are, the entire family I had was once married into. They all died, kids, parents, sister, brother in law, grandparents and great grand parents. One child left living. And of course me. They take up so much room, the better part of a whole row. Nobody cares anymore, theres nobody left. It all just seems so senseless now.
We need a new method.

With a few adjustments, you could bury a regular casket vertically, you wouldn't have to turn a loved one, or yourself, into a huge screw to achieve the same goal, I don't think.

Then again, there are some politicians I'd like to see buried this way, seems appropriate.

True. I wasn't commenting on the screw part, just the vertical part. Though, I guess the screw method is expedient.

Personally, I am waiting for the "frozen in carbonite" form of burial.

Just what we need, more plastic cluttering up the planet.

In the patent images, there is one with the burials in a pond with a duck or a fish or a cross as the monument marker. Hmmmm.

Seems a bit reminiscent of the old days (before my time, thank heaven) when each mourner at the gravesite tossed in a handful of dirt on top of the casket.

(quote)
Somewhere it talked about mourners either taking turns with the hand crank, or taking turns using the tractor, with everyone getting a chance to bury the person.

Yep, they could give you three choices::angel:
Crack.
Get Cranky
Get Cranked (like drunk)

No kidding, what a final image of your loved one! Jewelry and ties and hair flying around! What if their belt popped off and their pants fell down as they were spinning into the ground???? :eek:

I'm not sure it would be much better if you were turning them by hand into the ground, having to watch them turn right in front of you every time it went around? "Bye dad, bye again dad, bye AGAIN dad...." Geez.

Somewhere it talked about mourners either taking turns with the hand crank, or taking turns using the tractor, with everyone getting a chance to bury the person. WTHeck?

[bbm]

LMAO

oh thank you for that much needed giggle :crazy:

Seems a bit reminiscent of the old days (before my time, thank heaven) when each mourner at the gravesite tossed in a handful of dirt on top of the casket.

before your time? you must be really young lol

people still do this a lot

and flowers & other things too - at least around here we do :waitasec:

I don't like the plastic one but I'm not opposed to the idea of a wooden one going in vertically and really, what's the difference which way it goes in? as long as the body is secure of course (and we don't have to watch them going 'round & 'round LOL)

NO! Not only no, but H#LL NO! What happened to dignity? I'd rather be thrown to the bears.... at least it is natural. LOL! :croc:

Well, I am not going......................................screwed or otherwise.

:D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back