2010.09.05 - Casey Anthony Trial Will Nolonger Be Shown in Canada!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomo

Reaction score
Last week, I noticed that Court TV Canada was not playing the usual In Session program (missed Vinnie!) and being too busy to look deeper into WHY, simply assumed that there was some sort of event in the US that pre-empted "my" show.

Today, I actually took the time to find out why. COURT TV CANADA is rebranding itself to INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY and is removing live court coverage as part of its format!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH why are they doing this to me?

Yes, I realize that I can watch court coverage live online, but it isn't as complete in other coverage and indepth comments.

I was so upset that I actually did the "Canadian thing" and wrote them an email expressing my disappointment (comments@investigationdiscovery.ca).

A tradition has been ripped away from us. Who can forget watching OJ, Michael, Phil, Sadam, Linday, and Casey...live and in the courtroom with the drama hanging on every word! Famous trials that have formed our pop culture and history!!!

I guess I am opening this thread to thank all of the contributing members here and to put you on notice that your Canadian friends will be hanging on every word and news we get...because this is probably the ONLY place we are going to get it!

Thanks again!

Last week, I noticed that Court TV Canada was not playing the usual In Session program (missed Vinnie!) and being too busy to look deeper into WHY, simply assumed that there was some sort of event in the US that pre-empted "my" show.

Today, I actually took the time to find out why. COURT TV CANADA is rebranding itself to INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY and is removing live court coverage as part of its format!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHH why are they doing this to me?

Yes, I realize that I can watch court coverage live online, but it isn't as complete in other coverage and indepth comments.

I was so upset that I actually did the "Canadian thing" and wrote them an email expressing my disappointment (comments@investigationdiscovery.ca).

A tradition has been ripped away from us. Who can forget watching OJ, Michael, Phil, Sadam, Linday, and Casey...live and in the courtroom with the drama hanging on every word! Famous trials that have formed our pop culture and history!!!

I guess I am opening this thread to thank all of the contributing members here and to put you on notice that your Canadian friends will be hanging on every word and news we get...because this is probably the ONLY place we are going to get it!

Thanks again!
Can you watch it online @ their website? Maybe on Hulu?

Perhaps a really kind american will live stream the coverage via Justintv? *begging*

Thanks again!

JOMO I just fired them an email expressing my displeasure.

Calling all Canadians to do the same if we want our Court TV back

-------------------------
If you want to row across to Ohio I have a spare room.:dance:

Perhaps a really kind american will live stream the coverage via Justintv? *begging*

-----------
If I knew how to do it I would in a minute. I have the time just dumb.I feel so sorry for all of you and that is the truth,this is an injustice to all Canadians.

I know how sad you are. Here, they took the music out of mtv and gave us Snookie instead.

Won't any of the local Orlando TV Stations be streaming the trial live once it starts; like we have seen they hearings so far?

I sure hope so, cause I don't have court/truTV on our cable, and, this will be my only way of watching the trial when it starts, short of going to Florida and camping out in the parking garage of the court house ~!!

Are we SURE Court TV/In Session is going to carry it in the US? May be planning vacation around it!!!

DANG---- a whole COUNTRY ostrazizing(sp) the freakish family and trial....

lol...thy must be sick to death of the MOUTH OF THE SOUTH;;;LOL

shunned eh?

But i know the AMAZING WEBSLUTHS will do their bestestest... to bring u all the news good, bad or
ulgy.

Wow, that stinks!

I remember CourtTV used to have discussion boards almost like this one back in the time of the Madeleine McCann case, lots of very good discussion and nice people on the Madeleine board at that time (maybe some of you guys :)). I didn't know about Websleuths yet back then, if WS was already here then I'm sure it was even better here. I did see a Madeleine board here much later when I came to know about WS because of Caylee's case, and everyone in that discussion was super.
But anyway, I was following Madeleine's case on the CourtTV discussion board back then and then suddenly one day we learned that the channel or message boards had been bought out and turned into "TrueTV" or something, and the discussions were abruptly closed and no more coverage of Madeleine's case whatsoever. The programming also changed suddenly, to horrible stuff like "worst accidents video" and "most out of control riots" type programs, and the rest seemed to be boring programs, dramatizations of how people broke into banks, etc. It was such a shame. I can't remember if what we have on TV here now is still called TrueTV. I have seen InSession there though and it's good, I love the moderator. Though I would prefer to be able to just watch trials rather than having it interrupted by panelists discussing the trials, more like the old days, but the main guy is good.

Well, I do hope you (and all of us) can watch the trial live on the wesh or wftv or fox websites, hopefully entire footage will also be posted on youtube but I know you guys will want to see it live.

On one of the recent Jane Valez Mitchell's, or maybe it was on InSession during the coverage of the last hearing, a caller did ask if the trial would be televised, the host threw the question over to Jean Casarez who said that the Judge has allowed cameras into the courtroom and yes, indeed, InSession would be covering the trial. She didn't specify US only, or "except for Canada", but she did say it would be covered. This was just about a week or two ago I heard her say it.

I'm so sorry about this for Canada. It's like every time they come out with a decent flavor of Doritos, they stop selling it in New Jersey and I have to beg friends from California to mail me some.

I'll do the same although I don't have the extended cable for Court TV, I may decide to by May.

Mystic

Thanks again!

I hope you cancelled the channel and gave them (CTV Globalmedia) a piece of your mind...like I did. You'll get a canned email response if you email them so I wrote snail mail as well. Tell them you'll cancel your Globe and Mail as well. They really blew it marketing wise IMO and will realize soon if we all cancel the station together.
Remind them you'll still be able to get your court fix online after the fact which means you aren't tuning into any of their other channels during prime time and that rather than switch channels you turn your tv off from 9-3pm now. I also reminded them that no matter whose demographic they think they're catering to with ID , I pay the cable bills.
Every month I'm going to send them another letter telling them what I spent the money I saved on, by not subscribing to ID and asking them what their ratings are for the last quarter.

On one of the recent Jane Valez Mitchell's, or maybe it was on InSession during the coverage of the last hearing, a caller did ask if the trial would be televised, the host threw the question over to Jean Casarez who said that the Judge has allowed cameras into the courtroom and yes, indeed, InSession would be covering the trial. She didn't specify US only, or "except for Canada", but she did say it would be covered. This was just about a week or two ago I heard her say it.

I'm so sorry about this for Canada. It's like every time they come out with a decent flavor of Doritos, they stop selling it in New Jersey and I have to beg friends from California to mail me some.
The cable media moguls in Canada who licensed Court Tv and aired it up here didn't want to go with the Tru Tv branding that Court Tv has now become, so they let the licence lapse. We got ads up here on Court TV saying the name was changing on August 31 but no details that the entire programming was changing to. When you went to the internet, ID in Canada said programming unavailable so I assumed it would be the same. WRONG. Even on the 31st online it stated that the programming was unavailable. We just need someone smart enough to buy the licence to air in Canada. We aren't forbidden to watch. We're just forbidden to watch our own courts in session but don't get me started on that. :)

No, the internet won't allow canadians to view their programming online via their websites :(

I am not sure if you are upset you can't watch it on TV or you can't watch it via live streaming. If you are upset you cannot watch it via live streaming due to your country, you might want to research proxy servers. I strongly recommend you never break any rules in your country; but this is an interesting and informative article to read if you are interested in site-banning.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship[/ame]

I am not sure if you are upset you can't watch it on TV or you can't watch it via live streaming. If you are upset you cannot watch it via live streaming due to your country, you might want to research proxy servers. I strongly recommend you never break any rules in your country; but this is an interesting and informative article to read if you are interested in site-banning.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_censorship

Hi Trago, I think they're talking about Hulu which we can't watch in Canada, and no one including TruTV will be carrying it, unless CNN does like they did with the Simpson trial. We can always watch streaming on the puters.

What a difference: Florida with its Sunshine Laws and Canada where trials are now allowed to be publicized. My heart goes out to my Canadians friends! I live where Satellite is the only TV we can receive and often the satellite goes out.......but the trial is in May so I think I'm safe. I am officially inviting all of Canada to my house to watch the trial! Someone please bring napkins! We'll have Gnatcatcher's Doritos in large supply.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23