Identified! CT - New Britain, Wht/HispFem 175UFCT, 17-20, Sep'95 - Elizabeth Honsch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really feel the retouched postmortem photos don't do this girl justice (she looks too heavy, her nose too wide, and the hair style is wrong for her age group during the 90s) so I took the liberty and did one of my own and fine-tuned the other. Unfortunately I don't have the talent to freehand curly hair, so I used 'stickers' instead.

Carl, perhaps you'd be willing to take my work a step further?

Attachments

• doc4c78163d591ee0185043762.png
    doc4c78163d591ee0185043762.png
    574.7 KB · Views: 86
  • doc4c781236f13ff1408568862.jpg
    doc4c781236f13ff1408568862.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 74
This girl reminds me of Monique Santiago, who went missing from Albany in 1990 at age 11.
MSantiago.jpg
MSantiago1.jpg

I think there's a decent chance she's an immigrant as well. I can think of a few cases recently where a person has remained unidentified because there's no family members willing to identify the person due to fear of being deported.

It's hard to believe that there's a family out there with two missing people and it appears that neither family member is being looked for. This leads to a limited number of scenarios:

-The rest of the family is not here legally and is afraid of getting deported.
-The family doesn't realize they're missing (lets say a mom and child/ two sisters move across the country or to the US from another country. The rest of the family could think they're off living their life in Albany or whatever when in fact they're deceased).
-They were the only members of their family OR there was a boyfriend, girlfriend, or spouse involved as well and he/she is the killer.
-Someone else in the family killed them and the rest of the family is covering for them because they're scared or want to protect the killer.

Can anyone else think of reasons two members from the same family would be killed and neither of them would be reported missing?

ETA: Or they're not related. LE said they were probably but not definitively related. At the very least their deaths seem related as in performed by the same person within an extremely short time period.

Cult members killed by the leaders of a cult who get members to believe and do whatever they want them to? That would make sense... one of the victims is making a fuss about how things are in the cult, so the leaders quietly kill her and dump her and tell everyone she ran away, but one of the missing woman's relatives put two and two together and just won't believe that is what happened, so they kill her as well and tell everyone she ran off too.

There's a theory out there that says Monique Santigo may have been a victim of Lewis Lent who killed Sara Ann Wood, another young girl from the Capitol district.

I also think she bares a resemblance to the New Britain doe though.

Cult members killed by the leaders of a cult who get members to believe and do whatever they want them to? That would make sense... one of the victims is making a fuss about how things are in the cult, so the leaders quietly kill her and dump her and tell everyone she ran away, but one of the missing woman's relatives put two and two together and just won't believe that is what happened, so they kill her as well and tell everyone she ran off too.

Or they have been reported and the family is looking for them, but for reasons of space, time, mistaken rule-outs, etc. haven't looked in the right place yet.

Or they have been reported and the family is looking for them, but for reasons of space, time, mistaken rule-outs, etc. haven't looked in the right place yet.

Yes, they even could have a narrative that contains very strong circumstantial evidence that something specific happened... and yet that wasn't at all what happened.

Looks like new information is coming out in the next hour! I'll be keeping an eye on our local news and will update as I see it. I hope there is something substantial here. These cases have confounded me for years!

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ed-on-New-Britain-Bodies-Cases-114145304.html

Police in New Britain are expected to release new information on Wednesday about investigations into the deaths of four unidentified women found dead in New Britain in 1995 and 2007 and one found dead in Tolland, Massachusetts.

On Wednesday, representatives from the agencies and labs that have been investigating will hold a news conference to provide an update on “significant developments” in what they call “Jane Doe” death investigations from 1995 and 2007.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/26538035/detail.html

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...ed-on-New-Britain-Bodies-Cases-114145304.html

After three years, police have identified a woman whose remains were found in a wooded area in New Britain in 2007.

They have also determined that two women whose remains were found in 2007 were mother and daughter.

These are the most significant development police have had recently into five cold cases plaguing New Britain and Tolland, Massachusetts.

One of the women found in 2007 has been identified as Diane Cusack. She lived at 189 Oak St. in New Britain and was 55 when she was killed, police said.

So interesting! The woman found in CT was related to the woman found in MA. I really hope this helps solve these cases.

Did they say if they learned what happened around the time Diane Cusack went missing?

So interesting! The woman found in CT was related to the woman found in MA. I really hope this helps solve these cases.

We already knew that the Tolland Jane Doe and the 1995 New Britain Girl were related and possibly Mother/Daughter. That's not a "Major development". It's just a confirmation of what was already suspected.

When they called a presser and declared that it was a "Major Development" with regard to the 1995 New Britain Jane Doe and Tolland Jane Doe, I was expecting either that they had been ID'd or the perp had been arrested.

Of course, it's good news that Diane Cusack has her name back, and that could be described as a major development with regard to Jane Doe #2, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to describe this as a major development with regard to the other two.

And they didn't say anything about Jane Doe #1 (black female) or the Fafnir Building Jane Doe, whose murders are thought to be possibly related.

Yes, but maybe there is more they know, that they are not telling us? Hopefully they are one small step closer.

We already knew that the Tolland Jane Doe and the 1995 New Britain Girl were related and possibly Mother/Daughter. That's not a "Major development". It's just a confirmation of what was already suspected.

When they called a presser and declared that it was a "Major Development" with regard to the 1995 New Britain Jane Doe and Tolland Jane Doe, I was expecting either that they had been ID'd or the perp had been arrested.

Of course, it's good news that Diane Cusack has her name back, and that could be described as a major development with regard to Jane Doe #2, but it's a bit of an exaggeration to describe this as a major development with regard to the other two.

And they didn't say anything about Jane Doe #1 (black female) or the Fafnir Building Jane Doe, whose murders are thought to be possibly related.

Sorry, I haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would have liked to lately. I didn't know that they were already linked.

Sorry, I haven't been able to follow this as closely as I would have liked to lately. I didn't know that they were already linked.

I misspoke in my earlier post. The Fafnir Bldg Jane Doe may or may not be linked, and is not among the five victims discussed. IIRC, there was a third set of remains found in the wooded area behind the Subway shop in 2007 but there is no facial reconstruction. But this was the same location where the daughter was found in 1995, so on that fact alone, one would think they were possibly linked. It is possible though, that a separate killer left the three 2007 victims in the same location as the 1995 victim to throw off the authorities.

How come the mother (Diane Cusack) never report her daughter as missing in 1995 before her fate in 2003? Maybe she knew something foul play.

edit: CarlK- Thanks for clarify me from confusion.

How come the mother (Diane Cusack) never report her daughter as missing in 1995 before her fate in 2003? Maybe she knew something foul play.

Diane Cusack was not the mother. The Mother was Tolland Jane Doe, found in Tolland MA in Oct 1995 (See Links), who also still remains unidentified.

MA MA - Tolland - HispFem - Mother of Sep'95 UID Girl Found in New Britain CT - Oct 1995 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

DoeNetwork Case 187UFMA http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/187ufma.html

Diane Cusack was identified as New Britain Jane Doe #2

Identified! CT - New Britain "Jane Doe #2" - WhtFem - Rte 9 at Hartford Rd - Aug 07 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I misspoke in my earlier post. The Fafnir Bldg Jane Doe may or may not be linked, and is not among the five victims discussed. IIRC, there was a third set of remains found in the wooded area behind the Subway shop in 2007 but there is no facial reconstruction. But this was the same location where the daughter was found in 1995, so on that fact alone, one would think they were possibly linked. It is possible though, that a separate killer left the three 2007 victims in the same location as the 1995 victim to throw off the authorities.

If I remember correctly, no reconstruction of the 3rd victim found in 2007 was created because her skull was never found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong