GUILTY VA - George Baker, 81, beaten to death, Lynchburg, 5 Sept 2010

Lovejac

Reaction score
http://www.azfamily.com/home/3-Va-t...-beating-of-Tempe-man-102445004.html#comments

Three boys, ages 16, 13 and 16 wanted to show off for some girls. So they said they would hit the next person they saw.

The next person they saw was an 81 year old man, who stepped outside of the reception where they were celebrating the marriage of his granddaughter.

They killed him, on his granddaughters wedding day. :furious:

"Catching a body" that's what they call that.

Dear God what is wrong with these kids?

Lord, please help this family at such a horrific time. A wedding. His own grandaughter's wedding.

Heartless and despicable. I hope they never get out of prison.

Oh my God.

What a horrible thing to happen to this man and his family.

I see in the comments that some are questioning if race or nationality had a role.

This is terrible, beyond words.

I heard about this on HLN last night. Such a sad situation. My heart goes out to his family. Since when is beating an old man to death impressive? What would make these kids think that that would impress a girl?

Can't the kids think of their own grandfathers? Would they be happy if it happens to them from someone else for beaten to death? It's just dumb reason for show off to some girls.

I certainly hope they get tried as adults.

LYNCHBURG -- There are no flowers, candles or pictures memorializing the spot in downtown Lynchburg where police said three teens fatally beat an 81-year-old man Sunday to impress a group of girls.

But the violence that erupted on Main Street will not soon be forgotten by residents and business owners in a city that last year saw no homicides and know their historic downtown to be safe.

"Everyone's sickened by it," said City Manager Kimball Payne, who called the killing a "random act of insanity."

Three juveniles -- two 16-year-olds and a 13-year-old -- have been charged with murder in the death of George Leroy Baker III, of Tempe, Ariz.

http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke...ews+(Latest+Virginia+News+from+HeadlineVA.com

I hope they ALL are charged as adults.
How sickening....an 81yo.:(

And this poor gentlemen was visiting from Arizona for his granddaughter's wedding. :cry:

These teenagers need to be tried as adults with the appropriate punishment. :furious: Lately there seems to be too many horrendous crimes being committed by juvenile delinquents, and in some cases the laws may need to be changed to lower the minimum age they can be tried as an adult. A few years spent in jail isn't going to change them except for them to come out meaner and kill again. MOO

:rose: for Mr. Baker, RIP

Oh we have a thread on this. I was like "Another man this age at a wedding?"

God Bless him.

They call it "Catching a body". They do it here. I bet those girls were real impressed alrightie.

And this poor gentlemen was visiting from Arizona for his granddaughter's wedding. :cry:

These teenagers need to be tried as adults with the appropriate punishment. :furious: Lately there seems to be too many horrendous crimes being committed by juvenile delinquents, and in some cases the laws may need to be changed to lower the minimum age they can be tried as an adult. A few years spent in jail isn't going to change them except for them to come out meaner and kill again. MOO

:rose: for Mr. Baker, RIP

It is a sad day for our country when it takes beating an elderly man to death to impress girls. I am not sure which is more frightening and disgusting ....the teen males who would do this or the girls who would get a thrill out of it. (shudder)

IMO

Heatbreaking in every possible way. I really do not understand.

Heartbreaking in every possible way. I really do not understand.

The amount of child killers aren't up so the government says but to me the motives of children who are murdering are changing.

I spent my time last night researching teen killers because so many teens and below that age have been in the news lately. I was astounded to see the motives for their murders. Absolutely mind boggling. From not wanting to do chores........because they were put on restriction........video and internet game time taken away.......parents not approving of bf/gf relationship.....murdering to know what it feels like.......murdering to be in a gang.......and now murdering to impress someone. So many motives are "ME ME ME" motives, imo.

Maybe one of the moderators will be so kind as to merge this thread with the other one.

IMO

http://www2.newsadvance.com/news/20...1-year-old-man-killed-lynchburg-tu-ar-496134/

This breaks my heart even more. This innocent man, was a member of this family who has more forgiveness than I can muster right now.
It appears at least one of his friends has the same attitude.

"George didn't deserve to go the way he did," said Baker's friend Dale Boone. "God bless those boys, it was a bad decision."

While I appreciate their faith and compassion, mine goes toward the victim and not these teenagers. If it hadn't been George who they murdered it would've been someone else, and maybe they already have killed before. The friends and family are going to be a prosecutor's worst nightmare at sentencing, imo. :banghead: MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back