What Information Does Casey Receive Now?

Pattymarie

Reaction score
I have been thinking...with ICA locked up for 2 years and little communication with the outside world except from her lawyers....what reality is she living in? Who gives her information? And what kind of information? TV, guards, clergy, inmates? Does she have a clue about the evidence against her? Or are her lawyers spinning a different story/hope for her. AND....if she had real, true info...would that lead her to finally confess? Is anyone speaking truth to her?

This is something I've been wondering about for quite awhile. I know a number of posters here and on other sites think ICA is directing every move of her defense, but I don't see how that is possible.

According to her visitor lists, Baez and her other lawyers seldom visit - it doesn't even seem to be once a month, so how can she possibly know what goes on. She gets - what - an hour each day out of her cell, so I doubt she would be able to watch much television, she doesn't have any computer access or cell phone, she has no other visitors, but does have a radio.

I wonder how much this case is being discussed on the airwaves. Does anyone in Florida know? Probably not much. I think she is pretty much shut away in her own little world and spends the day dreaming the time away and planning for when she is free again.

Also, I suspect she is on some kind of anti-anxiety medication to keep her calm.

This is something I've been wondering about for quite awhile. I know a number of posters here and on other sites think ICA is directing every move of her defense, but I don't see how that is possible.

According to her visitor lists, Baez and her other lawyers seldom visit - it doesn't even seem to be once a month, so how can she possibly know what goes on. She gets - what - an hour each day out of her cell, so I doubt she would be able to watch much television, she doesn't have any computer access or cell phone, she has no other visitors, but does have a radio.

I wonder how much this case is being discussed on the airwaves. Does anyone in Florida know? Probably not much. I think she is pretty much shut away in her own little world and spends the day dreaming the time away and planning for when she is free again.

Also, I suspect she is on some kind of anti-anxiety medication to keep her calm.

Agree with all you have posted. I especially agree with the fact that you don't believe KC is directing her defense. I don't think she has any authority or moral imperative. I think she is kinda, now a pawn in the hands of Jose. I simply do not see an innocent woman vehemently fighting for her defense but sort of a simpleton who really has no choice but to go along....

Don't mean to be the only poster on my thread....but I guess what I am getting to is that I don't think I am the only one here that is hoping that Truth will come out in the end. Deep down, we all hope she will finally confess. But confession often comes when there is no where else to turn. I am worried that her lawyers are presenting a false hope to her and thus preventing a normal heartfelt confession that would serve KC, her parents, her community, her country and ultimately, baby Caylee justice and peace

I think some of you are giving Casey too much credit for being a pawn. I believe she thinks she is running the show, teaching her lawyers the law, and crabbing about being a celebrity in the media. I believe she is living in a fantasy world with her attorneys. Which is probably why Baez does not want her family to see her. If they leaked that Casey's thinking is bizarre to the media it would be detrimental to her defense.

I love this kitten licking avatar. Every time I see it (when I'm logged into WS) I'm amused.

I know she has a radio as she mentioned that in her letters.....so from that I think she would get a bit of news, however radio news (and am assuming it's not internet radio) is nowhere near as comprehensive as TV news (well here anyway, correct me if the US is different) so I can't imagine her getting the commentary.....actually, I just realized....Casey listening to anything other than the music channels...pretty unlikely.

I doubt if she really has a 'feel' for reality. And I am also concerned that her lawyers have given her false hope, and am concerned that she is somewhat isolated by Baez in that she does not have contact with her family / friends anymore, and that she may also be a future meal ticket for him.

Not good.

I think some of you are giving Casey too much credit for being a pawn. I believe she thinks she is running the show, teaching her lawyers the law, and crabbing about being a celebrity in the media. I believe she is living in a fantasy world with her attorneys. Which is probably why Baez does not want her family to see her. If they leaked that Casey's thinking is bizarre to the media it would be detrimental to her defense.

I love this kitten licking avatar. Every time I see it (when I'm logged into WS) I'm amused.

Oh yes I wonder if she has been keeping up with teaching Jose the law?

Hello WS :)

Well, whatever is being talked about between Casey and her lawyers, my guess is there is no truth or honesty involved. Casey is busy lying and deceiving them as they do the same to her. I would bet the farm on that simply because it has been shown none of them can tell the truth or follow the rules.

After reading in Today's news, with the latest press conference and addition of members of Casey's team...and(sigh)a thread I have not gone to yet that said something about "deadlines extended." I swear, if this judge lets the defense team hold up this trial any longer...I will do nothing...because there is NOTHING I can do about it. I have no power. There are people with power...but they do not seem as upset as I am about how justice is being carried out. Ah, growing up and realizing it is not the good people who run the world: priceless.

In Casey's letters to Robyn, it seemed like she had access to television, internet and we know her family was able to pass her letters through JB. She gets to sit in court and hear what non-sense is coming out of her attys mouths and we hear her tell the judge she is fine with her defense. I wouldn't think a person can be in jail(they have not been found guilty yet)and be "cut off" from understanding the process they are involved in-from what I have learned from this case: the perp has ALL THE RIGHTS. When it comes to the innocent, I am certainly glad and support our system of Republic where the rights of the individual outweigh the rights of the majority. But, IMHO Casey is guilty and so we watch a system that, I feel has let her "team" get away with murder. (Pun intended). I said in a post on another thread, earlier: JB has made a mockery of our system. Has been ALLOWED to make a mockery of justice. IMHO.

I have come to the conclusion that JB/the whole team except those who have left and Casey all think this is the OJ trial. Casey is not OJ and JB is not Johnny C! The whole world was waiting with bated breath during that ordeal. It was on TV all the time! There were shows on tv about what was going on, news programs, etc.

This is NOT what is going on here. I think JB/the team, Casey and all who are looking for the money to come rolling in because of this case-are in for a rude awakening. They thought stretching this out was what would bring in the most money, but they will find time has passed them by...

:twocents:

Don't mean to be the only poster on my thread....but I guess what I am getting to is that I don't think I am the only one here that is hoping that Truth will come out in the end. Deep down, we all hope she will finally confess. But confession often comes when there is no where else to turn. I am worried that her lawyers are presenting a false hope to her and thus preventing a normal heartfelt confession that would serve KC, her parents, her community, her country and ultimately, baby Caylee justice and peace

Maybe she'll actually take notice once the real world trial starts.

Right now, she is more or less institutionalized, on a schedule and with structure. She may be thriving in that setting.
imo

Does she have access to a daily newspaper? I've wondered about this a few times.

You are right! Every time I log online I come here first, hoping against all reality, that I will find a "bombshell" that Casey has confessed.

But the reality that I perceive is that Casey is not being mislead, played or deceived by her legal team. I think they are all gaming one another. I don't think Casey has ever told them the truth, they're happy she hasn't, and they in turn are playing her right along for their best interest. I don't think there is any truth to be found in that entire corner of the courtroom. They all deserve one another.

Please do not worry your pure heart (which I admire you for having!) because Casey's perspective is probably that she recognizes someone of her same ilk and either thinks they are buddies and can overcome the truth or that she can outsmart everyone. I don't think it would matter to her what the truth or reality of the situation is ~ IMO her attitude would remain one of superiority in spite of all facts.

Baez is treating Casey like a mushroom -- keeping her in the dark and feeding her moo-poo.

And she doesn't care.

Casey is probably doing some Bible studies, reading a lot, but is she corresponding with people who write her? I'd like to know if she tries to chat and manipulate the guards who let her out of the cell and bring her food daily. I read an opinion written by a mental health expert who does not believe that Casey will ever confess or give any details of what happened. She said that if it were an accident Casey would have shown signs of guilt after awhile and confess, but since there has been no confession or true guilt, Casey truly must have premeditated and will never tell.

Here are the potential things/information she could be missing:

-Tony might have a beautiful, loving girlfriend
-Maybe Amy got a great job and bought a house
-Ryan could be getting married and/or expecting his first child
-JP could be moving on to major film productions
-Sean could be ready to buy his own tattoo shop
-Brandon could be risking his life in Afghanistan

KC stated in one of her letters that she was somewhat relieved that Caylee would not experience the hurts that come in life....yet she never acknowledged the beautiful road that we all travel, what is to come, how we can all succeed and have varying and gratifying stories. Her short-sighted idiocy....I hope she is way out of the loop on some very good things that are happening to the people she surrounded herself with.

Maybe she'll actually take notice once the real world trial starts.

Right now, she is more or less institutionalized, on a schedule and with structure. She may be thriving in that setting.
imo

---------------
drip~drop,I am waiting for the day!! When she cried in court I thought AH she is beginning to crack.I really think LA.meant his remark to be sarcastic and that is the way she took it.Same when Ashton came out with duct tape etc.I dont think she is going to be able to hold up.They are not preparing her for what is coming,but just sugar coating things.:dance: I cant wait to see it!!!!

We know Casey is required to attend all hearings except for status hearings, so she's not completely in the dark regarding her case. But beyond that who knows how much she asks Baez and how much he tells her. Personally, I think she is informed of everything such as motions filed and depositions taken, but as far as discovery released by the state and media coverage of the case, I don't know.

I don't think Casey will ever confess. She will be just like Diane Downs who still denies she killed her children despite overwhelming evidence.

---------------
drip~drop,I am waiting for the day!! When she cried in court I thought AH she is beginning to crack.I really think LA.meant his remark to be sarcastic and that is the way she took it.Same when Ashton came out with duct tape etc.I dont think she is going to be able to hold up.They are not preparing her for what is coming,but just sugar coating things.:dance: I cant wait to see it!!!!

BBM: I didn't see it that way Nore, but your perception of that interaction makes a lot of sense. Regarding your comment about Ashton and the duct tape.....I posted this on another thread but......I think KC was crying out of frustration because the SA has their theory wrong. I thought that maybe KC did it, but not the way they are laying it out, and it is driving her to tears that they are going to probably convict her with the right evidence, but wrong theory of what happened. JMHO.

Baez is treating Casey like a mushroom -- keeping her in the dark and feeding her moo-poo.

And she doesn't care.

I agree, and believe she's a prisoner in more ways than one. Yes, she's behind bars, but she's also in a mental prison. I doubt she has any clue about what's going on, and is living a fantasy that her JB dream team will free her, and she can go home and have some of Cindy's chili. She has no visitors (friends or family) just the letters from the occasional odd-ball -- which probably bring her great hope.

She should have gone with a swift trial, because after 3 years, she's probably going to show up in court wearing a straight-jacket.

And that's my opinion :)

Mel

I personally think that JB is using KC for personal gain. I do not think he is being honest with her, about what she is up against. I have actually thought about writing one letter to Casey and explain what is really going on. I think that JB is the one that is misleading KC and that is why she doesn't want to see her parents. I think that if KC had a diffrent lawyer she would have confessed, I really do. KC is at the end of the hallway, she just doesn't know it yet because JB is keeping her from seeing it, Yes I beleive KC is guilty, but I do not think she is getting the proper defense. I do beleive she would have confessed and I blame JB for this dragging on this long.

Butterfly, ITA! I think she is getting fed a line of bull by JB and the others. He has her fooled...badly. I'm sure he's telling her not to worry, that he'll get her off these charges. Why else in h*ll would a supposedly innocent young woman sit in an isolated jail cell for 2 years charged of murdering her beloved daughter? I know I wouldn't sit back and munch on the goodies while my life was on the line. If I wasn't guilty, I would be screaming from the rooftop to lets get on with this trial. And, what kind of attorney would allow his client to sit in a jail cell for 2 years if he knew her to be innocent? One that is in it for himself? I think so!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back