Police alert: 5 adults, 8 children plan mass suicide MERGED

Missizzy

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919...uX2hlYWRsaW5lX2xpc3QEc2xrA3NoZXJpZmZzc2Vhcg--

Sheriffs search for 13 members of LA-area 'cult'

Five adults and eight children from a "cult-like" group in Southern California were reported missing by their families Saturday, and the group left behind letters that they were awaiting the rapture, authorities said.

Husbands of two group members, who are from the Palmdale area in northern Los Angeles County, reported the people missing early Saturday, and sheriff's deputies were searching for three vehicles.

One of the men had a purse he was asked to hold by one of the group members, and inside were identifications, deeds to property, and letters indicating they were awaiting the end of the world.

"They were awaiting the rapture or some other catastrophic event," Parker said.

The group's leader, Reyna Marisol Chicas of Palmdale, was among the missing, Parker said...."

more at link

Officials in Southern California on Saturday evening issued an emergency alert for five adults and eight children in a "cult-like" group believed to be planning a mass suicide.
"They were awaiting the rapture or some other catastrophic event," Los Angeles County Sheriff's captain Mike Parker said at a hastily called news conference late Saturday.
The group from Palmdale was believed to be traveling in three vehicles, a 2004 Nissan Quest, a 1995 Mercury Villager and a silver Toyota Tundra pickup, the California Highway Patrol said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39251083/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

http://wireupdate.com/wires/9960/missing-california-church-members-believed-to-plan-mass-suicide-2/
Missing California church members believed to plan mass suicide
Sunday, September 19th, 2010 at 3:35 am
By Monica Lawrence

PALMDALE, CALIFORNIA (BNO NEWS) -- Officials in Southern California on Saturday evening issued an emergency alert for five adults and nine children believed to be planning a mass suicide.

The missing group were last seen at around 1 a.m. PDT on Saturday at a prayer meeting at a Palmdale, California church, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). They left in three vehicles with an unknown destination.

Numerous letters were later found by relatives that state that the group was going to heaven shortly to meet Jesus and their deceased relatives. "It is believed, through further investigation, that the missing person's intentions are to commit mass suicide," the California Highway Patrol said, adding that the letters were suicide notes.

Two husbands of two of the church members reported the persons missing at around 2 p.m. PDT. "They were in possession of a bag that contained identification of all the missing persons, currency, possessions, and numerous letters," CHP said."

more

30a6dadd-cd0a-4dc2-bef0-2a5fcd5f6c66-small.jpg

Reyna Marisol Chicas, 32, Palmdale

"The missing adults include three women who are sisters.

Earlier this year, the group had planned to head to Vasquez Rocks, a wilderness area near Palmdale, to await a similar event, but one member of the group revealed details of the trip to family members and it was called off.

"That person was ostracized from the group and kicked out," Parker said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...BERS?SITE=NYONE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

I'm sorry for any children pulled into these situations...I hope they at least are rescused. I don't have much sympathy for the adults, they are old enough to decide for themselves at least...

How old are these CHILDREN? Children are not going to know what this means, especially if they are young. They are going to trust the adults. That is murder.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0919-suicide-20100919,0,7862982.story

Authorities search for members of cult-like Palmdale group reported missing in feared suicide plot

Five adults and at least eight children are reported missing after leaving a prayer meeting, officials say.

snipped

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the children were ages 3 to 17, including six boys and two girls. The adults and children were reported missing Saturday afternoon by the husbands of two women in the group, officials said.

We do not think this is a hoax. We don't know that this is a potential suicide, but we know that it's real and we're going to find them," Whitmore said.

The adults, including three sisters, belong a religious sect that broke off from a Palmdale church whose name was unknown, Whitmore said.

Among those missing, the CHP alert said, is Reyna Marisol Chicas, 32, described as the leader of the group.

Sheriff's patrol cars and several helicopters were scouring the Antelope Valley for the group, officials said.

The husbands walked into a Palmdale sheriff's station at 2 p.m. carrying a bag of belongings the missing people left behind, including identification, cash, cellphones, deeds to homes and letters, according to Whitmore.

"The letters essentially state that they [the missing persons] are all going to heaven shortly to meet Jesus and their deceased relatives," the alert said. "Numerous letters found say goodbye to their relatives."

Oh bless, 8 children cannot plan a suicide - that's just a ridiculous statement. So sad for all of them, and hope they are found alive soon.

Mel

How old are these CHILDREN? Children are not going to know what this means, especially if they are young. They are going to trust the adults. That is murder.

Sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said the children were ages 3 to 17, including six boys and two girls.

Wow. This is just horrible and just read the alert on twitter. OMG. No Comment until I read more about it all. Hey Jbean! xoxo! But oh my. Awful, just awful.

30a6dadd-cd0a-4dc2-bef0-2a5fcd5f6c66-small.jpg

Reyna Marisol Chicas, 32, Palmdale

"The missing adults include three women who are sisters.

Earlier this year, the group had planned to head to Vasquez Rocks, a wilderness area near Palmdale, to await a similar event, but one member of the group revealed details of the trip to family members and it was called off.

"That person was ostracized from the group and kicked out," Parker said."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...BERS?SITE=NYONE&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

the person kicked out may be counting their lucky stars soon

unusual to see a female head of a cult, albeit a small cult

wonder what the husbands thought of the group prior to this circumstance

The article linked above was just updated with names and ages which were not included in the original one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919...lYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDc2hlcmlmZnNzZWFy

"According to an emergency bulletin put out by the governor's office, in addition to Chicas, the missing include: Norma Isela Serrano, 31, Alma Alicia Miranda Pleitez, 28; Martha Clavel, 39; Jose Clavel, 15; Crystal Clavel, 3; Roberto Tejada, 18; Jonathan Tejada, 17; Hugo Tejada, 3; Ezequel Chicas, 15; Genisis Chicas, 12; Bryan Rivera, 17; Stephanie Serrano, 12."

The article linked above was just updated with names and ages which were not included in the original one:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100919...lYwN5bl90b3Bfc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDc2hlcmlmZnNzZWFy

"According to an emergency bulletin put out by the governor's office, in addition to Chicas, the missing include: Norma Isela Serrano, 31, Alma Alicia Miranda Pleitez, 28; Martha Clavel, 39; Jose Clavel, 15; Crystal Clavel, 3; Roberto Tejada, 18; Jonathan Tejada, 17; Hugo Tejada, 3; Ezequel Chicas, 15; Genisis Chicas, 12; Bryan Rivera, 17; Stephanie Serrano, 12."

Oh my and just awful. Breaks your heart. Oh my. xoxoxoox

This is so horrible. Why oh why do they insist on pulling the children into these things? I think this is so sad and I am hoping we get some good news on the children soon. Blessings for them.

As an adult, they have a choice on what they want to do, as crazy as it may sound but leave the children ALONE.

Goz

I hope they find these children! These kids should be taken from these people and placed with family members who are NOT CRAZY!

Tragic!

The group was believed to be traveling in three vehicles:

* white 2004 Nissan Quest
* 1995 white Mercury Villager
* newer-model, silver-colored Toyota Tundra

I am Messianic, which is a blending together of Christianity and Judaism. I am prepared for the personal attacks towards me for trying to be helpful.

I am not here to debate religious viewpoints.

Instead, I am posting my own personal opinion of what I think happened to this group of people. I know that many of you are very concerned about these people. I want it to be understood that I don't know any of these people. I do have information which may shed some light on the situation.

The adults said that they were awaiting the Rapture, which is the catching away of the true Believers in Jesus Christ. (One of the Bible verses can be read below.) There was no mention of suicide in their note(s).

Many Christians believe that the time is ripe for a Pre-Tribulation Rapture. Some Christians have good reason to believe that the catching away of the true Believers in Jesus Christ will happen on either Pentecost Day, or on Rosh Hashanah or else at the end of the day on Yom Kippur. Last night was the conclusion of Yom Kippur. Shofars (trumpets) are blown during Rosh Hashanah and a last shofar (trumpet) is blown at the conclusion of Yom Kippur.

These ladies apparently wanted to be all together, along with their children, in the event of a Yom Kippur Rapture. These ladies did a bad thing by causing their husbands and other Relatives and friends to be alarmed and confused. Now, they must be very embarrassed by all the publicity. My guess is that they can probably be found at either a friend's house or else at a nearby hotel.

As far as wanting to leave the area last Spring. An earthquake was mentioned. There was a certain person predicting a major earthquake for California. Out of fear, they probably wanted to leave California until that date on the calendar passed by and they knew that they would be safe.

I believe that there is a failure of communication between these ladies and their husbands. This is a problem which has escalated.

A Bible Verse, which explains the Rapture, which is the Catching Away of the Believers:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

I am Messianic, which is a blending together of Christianity and Judaism. I am prepared for the personal attacks towards me for trying to be helpful.

I am not here to debate religious viewpoints.

Instead, I am posting my own personal opinion of what I think happened to this group of people. I know that many of you are very concerned about these people. I want it to be understood that I don't know any of these people. I do have information which may shed some light on the situation.

The adults said that they were awaiting the Rapture, which is the catching away of the true Believers in Jesus Christ. (One of the Bible verses can be read below.) There was no mention of suicide in their note(s).

Many Christians believe that the time is ripe for a Pre-Tribulation Rapture. Some Christians have good reason to believe that the catching away of the true Believers in Jesus Christ will happen on either Pentecost Day, or on Rosh Hashanah or else at the end of the day on Yom Kippur. Last night was the conclusion of Yom Kippur. Shofars (trumpets) are blown during Rosh Hashanah and a last shofar (trumpet) is blown at the conclusion of Yom Kippur.

These ladies apparently wanted to be all together, along with their children, in the event of a Yom Kippur Rapture. These ladies did a bad thing by causing their husbands and other Relatives and friends to be alarmed and confused. Now, they must be very embarrassed by all the publicity. My guess is that they can probably be found at either a friend's house or else at a nearby hotel.

As far as wanting to leave the area last Spring. An earthquake was mentioned. There was a certain person predicting a major earthquake for California. Out of fear, they probably wanted to leave California until that date on the calendar passed by and they knew that they would be safe.

I believe that there is a failure of communication between these ladies and their husbands. This is a problem which has escalated.

A Bible Verse, which explains the Rapture, which is the Catching Away of the Believers:

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. 17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.
Or, they will all be found dead somewhere like the victims of Heaven's Gate. We haven't seen the notes.. and it has been reported that they do appear to be suicide notes. Let's just hope you're right... but until they are found.. no one knows the real scoop. JMO.

Missing "Cult" Group Found Safe at Palmdale Park

"PALMDALE -- Missing members of a break-off religious group, who were reported missing by their families Saturday, have been found alive and well at a park in Palmdale.

The 5 adults and 8 children were spotted late Sunday morning at Jackie Robinson Park in Palmdale, according to sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore.

They're all alive and well, Whitmore said."

and

"A sheriff's deputy made contact with the group around 3 a.m. Sunday outside Pete Knight High School in Palmdale.

The adults in the group said they were praying against violence in schools and against premarital sex.

The deputy said everyone appeared safe, and he went on his way.

Whitmore described the missing people as part of a "religious off-shoot group." He said the group was "cult-like," and "fundamentalist in nature.""

more...

http://www.fox43.com/news/nationworld/ktla-palmdale-mass-suicide,0,7196827.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back