Discussion about Skyline, the groundskeeper, trucks - Looking for Clues

Lavender

Reaction score
http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

“It seemed like just a pretty normal day,” he said. “It was kind of damp and wet. It had been wet for a while and the fields were hard to mow. (I) noticed that there was some children that came out the back door, and I thought, ‘please don’t come down and play soccer.’ But they came out and looked at some plants that were in the raised bed.”

--

I still don't understand this. If the children were with an adult chaperone, it seems like the mower man would have mentioned this. Why were these children outside, perhaps unsupervised, when it was "damp and wet", looking at plants in a raised bed? How did that go down?

"Hey, Billy. Wanna sneak outside and look at some plants?"
"Plants! Yeah, let's go!"
"Hey, Jimmy. We're going to sneak out the back door to look in the planters. You in?"
"You bet I'm in, Billy. I love planters!"

There's just something really weird about that whole thing and I wish we knew if Kyron was one of the children who was outside. What was in the planters that was so interesting as to entice little kids out the back door? I just get a creepy vibe about the whole thing.

ETA: Not doubting what the mower man saw. Just wondering why the children were really outside.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100582364.html

“It seemed like just a pretty normal day,” he said. “It was kind of damp and wet. It had been wet for a while and the fields were hard to mow. (I) noticed that there was some children that came out the back door, and I thought, ‘please don’t come down and play soccer.’ But they came out and looked at some plants that were in the raised bed.”

--

I still don't understand this. If the children were with an adult chaperone, it seems like the mower man would have mentioned this. Why were these children outside, perhaps unsupervised, when it was "damp and wet", looking at plants in a raised bed? How did that go down?

"Hey, Billy. Wanna sneak outside and look at some plants?"
"Plants! Yeah, let's go!"
"Hey, Jimmy. We're going to sneak out the back door to look in the planters. You in?"
"You bet I'm in, Billy. I love planters!"

There's just something really weird about that whole thing and I wish we knew if Kyron was one of the children who was outside. What was in the planters that was so interesting as to entice little kids out the back door? I just get a creepy vibe about the whole thing.

When you walk out the door that leads to the field, there is a flat area where the kids do their little gardens. There are 2 beds there, IIRC. Then it suddenly slopes down with at least 2 sets of stairs that lead to the field. The GK could be in the field mowing and look up and see kids right outside the door looking at the planters. I would assume a teacher or aide was with them and they were checking out the garden as part of class?

Skyline is built on a big hill.

When you walk out the door that leads to the field, there is a flat area where the kids do their little gardens. There are 2 beds there, IIRC. Then it suddenly slopes down with at least 2 sets of stairs that lead to the field. The GK could be in the field mowing and look up and see kids right outside the door looking at the planters. I would assume a teacher or aide was with them and they were checking out the garden as part of class?

Skyline is built on a big hill.

So, the little kids planted things in the planters? I didn't realize that. So, they could have been checking on their "gardens" of sorts? I can see that. Makes it seem less weird. Still wish I knew if an adult was with them and if Kyron was one of the children.

So, the little kids planted things in the planters? I didn't realize that. So, they could have been checking on their "gardens" of sorts? I can see that. Makes it seem less weird. Still wish I knew if an adult was with them and if Kyron was one of the children.

Here's a pic of one of the garden beds standing up by the back door looking out on the field: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...August 2010/?action=view&current=100_1478.jpg

Here's a pic of what the stairways from the school to the field look like: http://s876.photobucket.com/albums/...August 2010/?action=view&current=100_1478.jpg

Hi Lavender, Your post made me wonder if the kids were out looking at their garden before or after Kyron had left the bldg. I am thinking he came out that same door as it is close to the access road.

There is that 15 min of limbo in the timeline since Terri said she left at 9 and LE said originally that Kyron was last seen at 9. With the presser on the 12th LE said the truck was seen on the access road shoulder somewhere from 8:15 to 8:45.

Kimster, if I go up those stairs and take a few steps, I'm in the playground in front of the school, right? (Play Struc on the diagram below)

TIA

A couple reference pics I'm using to confirm I'm in the right spot:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t165/October891/School1.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t166/ubrmel/KYRON/Maps KYRON/floorplanofSkyline.jpg

You would be if you could get to the playground that way. The chain link fence around the playground prevents you from going there.

Hi Lavender, Your post made me wonder if the kids were out looking at their garden before or after Kyron had left the bldg. I am thinking he came out that same door as it is close to the access road.

There is that 15 min of limbo in the timeline since Terri said she left at 9 and LE said originally that Kyron was last seen at 9. With the presser on the 12th LE said the truck was seen on the access road shoulder somewhere from 8:15 to 8:45.

That's where the GK is saying it couldn't have happened because he would have seen him go down to the access road while GK was mowing on the field. I'm not buying that though because he was busy mowing and not watching to see if kids were leaving, KWIM? That's why I agree with Lavender and wish we knew for sure that a teacher or aide was with the kids looking at the planter beds.

ITA Kimster. I also think it is interesting to now realize several children and possibly an adult were outside that door in the close time frame when Kyron might have walked out that door.

The kids were probably there after Kyron left, except it was written Kyron left the bldg after the 2nd bell which is 8:45. Whatever, it was close timing.

Do you remember at the beginning of the case Kyron was seen standing by the south door? Since that corner of the bldg is the SW corner I would say it could be a south door. Maybe one of these kids was the one who saw him there. Just interesting is all.

I should have re-read the whole article before I posted. They must have been looking at the planters before Kyron went missing:

In the same article: "He said he cut the grass on the soccer field between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m."

..and Terri said she was inside with Kyron at 8:45 when she left and he walked down the hall toward his classroom, so I guess Kyron couldn't have been one of the children outside that the mower man saw.

It just seems like there wasn't any supervision to prevent children from wandering out the back door and Kyron could have heard about other kids being outside and went out to join the other kids after Terri left? I don't see any evidence that Terri was involved and wasn't really going in that direction with my thoughts.

I just have a bad vibe regarding that side of the building, the doorway, the stairs, etc. And those kids being outside, where they were, on that day, still disturbs me. Okay, I'll quit thinking out loud now.

snip...
In the same article: "He said he cut the grass on the soccer field between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m."...snip.

He later amended his timeline, saying that he left between 8:45-9:00.

ITA Kimster. I also think it is interesting to now realize several children and possibly an adult were outside that door in the close time frame when Kyron might have walked out that door.

The kids were probably there after Kyron left, except it was written Kyron left the bldg after the 2nd bell which is 8:45. Whatever, it was close timing.

Do you remember at the beginning of the case Kyron was seen standing by the south door? Since that corner of the bldg is the SW corner I would say it could be a south door. Maybe one of these kids was the one who saw him there. Just interesting is all.

Yes, interesting to me, too. Sheriff Staten originally attributed that sighting to 9 a.m. Wish the reporters had asked the mower man more questions about these children and who was with them, if anyone.

He later amended his timeline, saying that he left between 8:45-9:00.

Thanks for the correction. Sorry to quote something that isn't accurate anymore. I'm having trouble getting the previous pages of this thread to load and will try to go back and read through it another time.

" It was written Kyron left the building after the second bell, which is 8 :45 "

But where is that written ? IIRC, Chief Gates stated " This child was last seen inside his school, and he was not seen after that.....

All JMO

curious which way he was mowing...ykim?

like if the school was on his right/left the whole time or if he faced it then drove with his back to it.

Do you have a link for this? I'm asking because IIRC he did change the timeline, but was leaving earlier than 8:30. TIA

WHOOPS! YOU'RE RIGHT....I had the wrong time. There's an article on KATU.

Thanks for the correction. Sorry to quote something that isn't accurate anymore. I'm having trouble getting the previous pages of this thread to load and will try to go back and read through it another time.

Hi again Lavender, I've had a hard time this evening too, in fact lost the site for awhile. I thought WOW, something big must be going on with a case and then read elsewhere there are some developments going on in another case.

I remember reading, as well, that Kyron was seen near the South door. Wasn't that factoid attributed to Ky's classmate - TP?

Also - isn't the South door the main entrance @ the front of the school?

" It was written Kyron left the building after the second bell, which is 8 :45 "

But where is that written ? IIRC, Chief Gates stated " This child was last seen inside his school, and he was not seen after that.....

All JMO

Hi Liz, I just read that yesterday in a link - oh, I think I know where it was. It is from a man who analyzed Terri''s emails if I remember correctly. I'll go grab it even tho I know the link won't post here. It is not a forum I don't think but where he does commentary on cases. xox

ETA: I just found that analysis and it wasn't where I read it. I'll look tonight.

ETA#2: OK, I have egg on my face. LOL I found where I read it and thought it was in the article being quoted, but was a comment from a poster at the end of the snip:

http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Criminal-profiler-analyzes-Kyron-case-95921749.html

"Abducted from inside his school after the 2nd bell rang on his way to his classroom and just prior to attendence being taken?"

The way I interpret the GK's info that "He said he cut the grass on the soccer field between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m." & then reconcile it with his *amended* timeline is that he was actually mowing until 8:30 and then he packed up his equipment & left the school after that - leaving about 9:00.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back