GUILTY LA - Johnny, 50, & Tammy Fletcher, 41, murdered, West Monroe, 9 Sept 2010

oceanblueeyes

Reaction score
Louisiana Teen Suspected of Killing Parents
Updated: Friday, 10 Sep 2010, 8:07 PM EDT
Published : Friday, 10 Sep 2010, 8:07 PM EDT

(NewsCore) - A Louisiana 15-year-old was arrested at school Friday and was to be charged with killing his parents, according to the Ouachita Parish Sheriff’s Department.

Sheriff’s Major Jason Pleasant said the boy would be charged on two counts of second degree murder after Tammy Fletcher, 41, and her husband Johnny Fletcher were discovered shot to death.
snipped

Pleasant told thenewsstar.com that the incident was not linked to the suicide death of a student at the school earlier in the day.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpps/news/lo...of-killing-parents-dpgonc-20100910-gc_9587684

My prayers go out the family and the community. This is so sad. I am not prepared, however, to accept the statement that the earlier suicide is not related. I'd like to hear from the students, themselves. They often know far more than they disclose at first.

My prayers go out the family and the community. This is so sad. I am not prepared, however, to accept the statement that the earlier suicide is not related. I'd like to hear from the students, themselves. They often know far more than they disclose at first.

I concur. Seems to be a strange set of events happening on the very same day.

Also since the weapons were found at his high school I wonder if he had contemplated doing a Columbine?

IMO

This happened in my area. I don't know anything about the Fletcher boy who did the murders, but I know of the boy who committed suicide. I did not know anything about the murders until a fellow WS'er sent me a PM about it.

I won't use names here because his name has not been in the news or newspapers. The mother of the boy who committed suicide does my mother's hair. My mother's birthday was Wednesday, and the boys mothers birthday was Thursday. The boys mother had come to visit with my mother and look at her birthday flowers on Thursday afternoon. Then someone came in and told my mother about the suicide Friday morning and she is still very upset.

The boy who committed suicide was friends with the boy who did the murders. I have heard a little more about it but do not want to say what I have heard because it is not confirmed. I am waiting to hear more about all of it myself. This boy did leave a suicide note so there does not seem to be foul play here.

These two families are very good families from what I hear and it is indeed a tragedy. My thoughts and prayers go out to all the family members and friends of both boys. It is so very sad when something like this happens.

I live in the suspects home town. My nephew attends his school. As an update, he was indicted today on two counts of second degree murder and will be tried as an adult. I agree with LALaw that there is much speculation about these murders and the suicide. I'm sure that there will be much more info available as this progresses since he will be tried as an adult. So sad. My heart breaks for this family.

We, as adults, don't always understand how these things are connected but the teens will know. They will share some information with trusted adults but will believe they have to carry some secrets. That's always a devastatingly heavy burden.

My prayers go out to the family and community.

The Fletchers funerals are today - double funerals. It is so terribly sad. I did not know these people personally, but am just devastated for the family, extended family, and friends.

JTR's funeral was yesterday. He was the young boy who committed suicide. He was a good kid and even volunteered at my mother's nursing home. He would have laughed again, loved life again, and overcome the problem he thought he had. It is such a shame.

*Hello, everlearning. I hope you stay here at WS.

Hi LaLaw. Thanks for the greeting! I have been a member for a while I just don't post often. I do try to keep up with what's happening. I respect this forum and Tricia very much. Very well moderated.

Hi LaLaw. Thanks for the greeting! I have been a member for a while I just don't post often. I do try to keep up with what's happening. I respect this forum and Tricia very much. Very well moderated.

You are so welcome, everlearning!

I have read at many forums on the 'net and none are as great as this one! I read my local news, national news, then come here and read 'Up to The Minute' as well as 'Crimes in The News'. Then I move on to the threads I follow. That is my morning ritual!

There is new information on this case at www.thenewsstar.com. DF's statement is very troubling. He is reported to have thought shooting his parents would feel like shooting a deer, he did feel some guilt. There are also allegations of abuse. So troubling, so sad. The entire documents were not posted on the site and I don't look for them to be. That is not normally how the local newspaper reports so we must realize that they have been edited for the piece. The sister and entire family must be not only so sad but so puzzled as what would have drove him to do this. God bless them all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back