GUILTY WA - Santiago Two Hearts, 1, beaten to death, Hillyard, 28 Sept 2010

anyoldtime48

Reaction score
Evidence of so much wrong with the legal system that this is even walking the streets. And that he was been with this woman for 6 months, and yet she was magically unaware he was the primary suspect in shaking a 6-month-old baby girl (another girlfriend's child) who was left permanently blind and brain damaged.

He also was busted 2 years ago by WSP for cocaine possession, and when he went "off" about the drugs those nasty cops stole from him at his mother's home, was called a "crackhead" by his sister, who he then proceeded to attack.

It went to court. Protection order in place and $25,000 bond paid by a bonds company. The assault charges were a year later mysteriously dropped.

Then the 6-month-old girl shaken and nearly killed in May of this year. For which he is NOW being charged, but only after haven beaten this 1-yr-old boy to death and then beating on his 4-yr-old brother to keep him quiet.

I heard this unfold yesterday evening on the scanner, and knew only that a 1-yr-old was not breathing and was being taken to Sacred Heart, and that the mom was apparently following in her car. Story this morning stated she was driving the older son to the hospital. First time I've ever heard a dispatcher momentarily "almost" lose it. Off air I believe she may well have. Was pretty clear from the get go they weren't going to arrive at the hospital with this poor baby alive.

There is a special place in HE double L for scum like this. A nice start would be among the general population in the Walla Walla prison. He'll understand what it's like to really be beaten before he draws his last breath.

And GF thought he was just "the perfect guy."

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/Mom-of-baby-killed-104002729.html

Mother speaks here. Several points I can't even comment on because I can't fathom her thought process.

http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=13240237

Always with a special twist...the local paper.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/sep/29/1-year-old-boy-dies-north-side-apartment/

So horrible, and he should not have been walking the streets after the first incident to begin with. In fact, this terrorist should not be walking the earth.

These stories always move me to tears.

RIP little one.

lock this guy up and throw the key away in some other country and let him rot away. Just so broken up.

Goz

So horrible, and he should not have been walking the streets after the first incident to begin with. In fact, this terrorist should not be walking the earth.

These stories always move me to tears.

RIP little one.

lock this guy up and throw the key away in some other country and let him rot away. Just so broken up.

Goz

I think of Jackson Browne's songs and wonder how we still "ignore" what's going on in our society and how we continue to fail each other. :( After our brief "talk", I went back and listened to several of his albums....that made me realize how badly we have....and the tears rolled.

Ya know, for those that believe in biblical times that God was so disgusted with man that he flooded the world save but a few makes me wonder how bad it really was back then. I just have a hard time believing that it could be any worse than it is now. Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a whole lot of good in the world, and I'm going to assume that there was good back then too, but with more and more stories, scratch that, more and more realities like this story how much more worse can it get.

I know this is OT but it just boggles my mind. I guess I should be grateful that I can't wrap my brain around these kinds of actions, and it so saddens me that evil people can!

God Help Us All!

I think of Jackson Browne's songs and wonder how we still "ignore" what's going on in our society and how we continue to fail each other. :( After our brief "talk", I went back and listened to several of his albums....that made me realize how badly we have....and the tears rolled.

Ah, how sweet Hollyblue..We will always fail each other it seems. I don't know why but it is it's just because we are human. Much evil just roams the earth. People are apathetic and don't care.

Good day hollyblue.

Goz
Too Many Angels have seen me crying

[video=youtube;LOZu7oNu4jI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZu7oNu4jI[/video]

Goz, thank you for posting that video, I've never heard it and I'm glad I did. That is beautiful.

First, what he needs is to see what it's like to be beaten and shaken by someone bigger and stronger than him. Just lock him up in a cell with some inmates. Then he will need to be executed if he doesn't die in the jail cell.

My forever rant....banished to an island with a pr of goats and a club...for the incorrigibles. IMO Why in the world do we keep "taking care" of these people, yet let innocent children and people starve and remain uneducated? No...no problem with the way we handle things. ????

“Although the bond is extremely high, it’s also extremely justified.”

I don't get it.......why even set a bail amount? Not only did this SOB admit to killing this sweet baby, but he has a rap sheet a mile long! I don't really think he will post bond, but still it's a matter of principal.

Some of today's stories on Cooley's past, beyond what was was reported yesterday. Most notably CPS (Child Protective Services) has had recent contacts with him, although they of course can't talk about that, and that he was on felony probation from a case on the other side of the state.

Plus many times arrested as a juvenile. Yet the mother of those poor kids had no idea? I wish I could say after seeing her social networking page I believes she is the "innocent child" that many seem to think she is.

Yes, Cooley is a monster and responsible for this. But the issue of far too many women who buy into "he's a great guy...." because they HAVE to have a man in their life for whatever emotional reason. When you have children, the ante is upped and the personal level of responsibility increased ten fold for each child. Keystones and weed while playing with kids doesn't cut it. Time to grow up.

I can't lay total blame on anybody's position in life on society, I'm sorry to say. Have seen many people come from awful childhood situations themselves and turn into amazing, upstanding citizens and parents and community activists, and they did not all have a "rally around the kid" support system to get there.

Personal decisions. They took personal responsibility for their lives and CHOSE to make a better life for themselves and future generations.

Please, people. Take a good HARD look at who you get involved with. So much more paramount where the least among us (defenseless children) come into play. The life you save may not only be that of your child's.

CPS in WA can only do so much to help, and they assuredly don't get it right often enough, but I will be furthered sickened if it comes out this household was being "watched" (not saying it was, only IF) and an opportunity to save that sweet baby was lost.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/sep/30/boyfriend-arrested-after-baby-found-dead/

I'm not totally buying the "mid 1990s" time frame here because there are several James R Cooley's in the WA court system, from all areas of the state, and he is only 22, but suffice to say he was lifelong criminal regardless.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/Cooleys-bond-set-at-1000000-for-babys-murder-104039703.html

I can pray that mom got one heck of a wake up call with this, and that somehow, some way, "some" good will manage to come out of this tragedy.

And that justice for those children is played out swiftly and surely and that Cooley suffers greatly before he dies.

“Although the bond is extremely high, it’s also extremely justified.”

I don't get it.......why even set a bail amount? Not only did this SOB admit to killing this sweet baby, but he has a rap sheet a mile long! I don't really think he will post bond, but still it's a matter of principal.

Funny you should mention that bail amount. And not ha ha funny at all. One clearly disturbed poster on the KXLY story seemed to think that was an OUTRAGEOUS amount of bail and considers it punishment before due process.

Not sure what reality this one lives in. "Lndtcnr" in comments on this story. If nothing else it opens discourse for "what part here aren't you paying attention to Lndtcnr?"

How sad they hold so little value for the life of an innocent baby vs a confessed killer.

I'm with you. If state law allows for the judge to refuse bail, the public needs to be 100% assured he won't see light of day except handcuffed and shackled while being transported to and from court and his final prison stay, from which he should never emerge alive.

http://www.kxly.com/news/25216049/detail.html

The mom's myspace account. You can see tons more pictures of both her boys.

http://www.myspace.com/244610097

Wasn't sure I was allowed to post, but thanks. Indications there of "possible" links to local gangs as well.

New story about the first baby he hurt. My bad that I initially posted that was a baby girl, or maybe the media initially had it wrong. It was a boy. There were 4 adults in that home (his mother's) when that incident happened. I have trouble wrapping my head around the idea that Cooley's sister, who was also apparently in the home at the time, would then not say ANYTHING to this current GF, who he had already been living with for almost 2 months.

From the GF's own mouth in her interviews, it was Cooley's sister who introduced them.

Somebody either got that not quite right, or somebody knew way more about mr perfect than she wished to admit, or the sister is one malicious creature herself. Any way you slice it, some messed up families.

http://www.krem.com/news/local/Moth...onfesses-to-shaking-the-infant-104064113.html

Some of today's stories on Cooley's past, beyond what was was reported yesterday. Most notably CPS (Child Protective Services) has had recent contacts with him, although they of course can't talk about that, and that he was on felony probation from a case on the other side of the state.

Plus many times arrested as a juvenile. Yet the mother of those poor kids had no idea? I wish I could say after seeing her social networking page I believes she is the "innocent child" that many seem to think she is.

Yes, Cooley is a monster and responsible for this. But the issue of far too many women who buy into "he's a great guy...." because they HAVE to have a man in their life for whatever emotional reason. When you have children, the ante is upped and the personal level of responsibility increased ten fold for each child. Keystones and weed while playing with kids doesn't cut it. Time to grow up.

I can't lay total blame on anybody's position in life on society, I'm sorry to say. Have seen many people come from awful childhood situations themselves and turn into amazing, upstanding citizens and parents and community activists, and they did not all have a "rally around the kid" support system to get there.

Personal decisions. They took personal responsibility for their lives and CHOSE to make a better life for themselves and future generations.

Please, people. Take a good HARD look at who you get involved with. So much more paramount where the least among us (defenseless children) come into play. The life you save may not only be that of your child's.

CPS in WA can only do so much to help, and they assuredly don't get it right often enough, but I will be furthered sickened if it comes out this household was being "watched" (not saying it was, only IF) and an opportunity to save that sweet baby was lost.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2010/sep/30/boyfriend-arrested-after-baby-found-dead/

I'm not totally buying the "mid 1990s" time frame here because there are several James R Cooley's in the WA court system, from all areas of the state, and he is only 22, but suffice to say he was lifelong criminal regardless.

http://www.krem.com/news/crime/Cooleys-bond-set-at-1000000-for-babys-murder-104039703.html

I can pray that mom got one heck of a wake up call with this, and that somehow, some way, "some" good will manage to come out of this tragedy.

And that justice for those children is played out swiftly and surely and that Cooley suffers greatly before he dies.

I'm not buying it either....he would have been a child back in the mid 90's. They need to do a follow up and straighten this out. But he's a destoyer....and doesn't belong in society....in any form. imo.

Add to the mix the biological father of Santiago. A convicted felon in his own right per WA court records, although can't tell what for. At least one no contact order within the last year. In Feb 2010 a judgement and order establishing parentage (no names) and back support. 1 in 4 chance that was Santiago I guess.

http://dw.courts.wa.gov/?fa=home.namesearchTerms

Curious about all these recently convicted felons out running around our streets. If it doesn't make you want to do fast google and court search on every guy who says "hello" and gives you his full name, I don't know what does.

Hope he does use the death of his youngest as impetus to clean up his own life.

http://www.krem.com/news/slideshows/Santiagos-biological-father-104121299.html

Father of her older son must get equal time. 35 cases in Spokane County dating from 1992 to 2010, several of those in Superior court (criminal). What do you do that rates $50,000 bail (in 1992 $$)? And he currently has custody of the older son. No indication from clickable cases that he ever had a felony, but did do 24 months jail on one.

Also had a judgement and order establishing parentage in Sept 2009. He's under the "full" name for Bill.

http://www.kxly.com/news/25246802/detail.html

Why didnt the mother know about the charges for shaking the other baby? If she has been dating this guy for 6 months and this other baby was hurt 4 months ago? What am I missing here?

RIP sweet baby boy

What gets me is the baby had prior untreated fractures. Are you telling me this woman had no clue her baby was hurt that many times? I find that a little hard to swallow.

I missed that? Are you sure you aren't referring to the one just across the border in Idaho that I also posted? That one showed prior fractures when x-rayed for the broken leg, and yeah, I do agree with you on that. How could a mother not notice something had been wrong for weeks or months?

Media hasn't explained the 4/20/2010 charge yet, but it is clearly connected to the one on Monday.

Cases do have awful similarities though. Right down to mothers with same first name and scary live in with a record. One child lucky to be alive, the other not.

Why didnt the mother know about the charges for shaking the other baby? If she has been dating this guy for 6 months and this other baby was hurt 4 months ago? What am I missing here?

RIP sweet baby boy

Bingo.

She claims that the BF's sister introduced them, but that his family never told her a THING about his anger and violent tendencies (or that he was felon on probation).

So he was living at his mom's with the 6-month old and her mother 4 months go, but also already 2 months involved with Santiago's mom.

I didn't even post the story about a THIRD child and his mother over on the coast. More abuse there. At some point I can't even stand to follow this SOB's trail of abuse.

And he is only being charged with 2nd degree murder. With special circumstances or whatever it's called in WA, because he then proceeded to beat on and terrorize the older son.

Prison "should" take care to ensure he never sees the light of day again, even if a judge can't or won't give him life.

mom, bio dads -- all have opportunity from this to clean up their lives.

I missed that? Are you sure you aren't referring to the one just across the border in Idaho that I also posted? That one showed prior fractures when x-rayed for the broken leg, and yeah, I do agree with you on that. How could a mother not notice something had been wrong for weeks or months?

Media hasn't explained the 4/20/2010 charge yet, but it is clearly connected to the one on Monday.

Cases do have awful similarities though. Right down to mothers with same first name and scary live in with a record. One child lucky to be alive, the other not.

Yet, you're right - sorry about that. Wrong story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back