Questions and Answers

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
It was requested by a member to have a question and answer thread for Annas case so here is a new thread for just that.

New to the case and can't find what you are looking for?
Ask your questions here and your fellow WS'rs will be happy to answer or direct you to the post or thread where you can find the answer.

To link an individual post, click on the post number which will open a window with the individual post. Copy and paste the link and that will link the individual post.

hth
Cubby

Where is the "receipt" that is mentioned in regards to GW being somewhere other than in the statement just released? When was it found or where?

thanks

Do we know if GB was questioned by police?

Three questions please:

1.) A white barn and new construction are noted in the intitial incident reports of Anna's disappearance. Were they searched at some point?

2.) Many bones were discovered along the creek bed, primarily animal bones. What was in the area that was consuming the animals?

3.) Did LE determine the color of the vehicle that was registered to Dr Waters?

TIA!!

I don't quite understand "The Plan". Could somebody explain it to me?

I don't believe he was. I am terribly disappointed LE/FBI chose to 'close the case' so to speak until evidence of an abduction was found. (per the docs Annas mom linked). I think, and my heart aches for Annasmom and Anna, that it appears LE dismissed this as a drowning even though no evidence was ever found to support that theory. Technically, no evidence has been found to support any theory so I'm perplexed on why LE chose to rule out or have tunnel vision on any single theory. :(

I recall a post that there were 'cattle catchers' somewhere along the creek.
Where are they? When were they installed? And why didn't LE take that into consideration when ruling Annas case a drowning?

Where is the "receipt" that is mentioned in regards to GW being somewhere other than in the statement just released? When was it found or where?

thanks
This was a copy of a lab order request which was found among GW's papers after his death.

I don't believe he was. I am terribly disappointed LE/FBI chose to 'close the case' so to speak until evidence of an abduction was found. (per the docs Annas mom linked). I think, and my heart aches for Annasmom and Anna, that it appears LE dismissed this as a drowning even though no evidence was ever found to support that theory. Technically, no evidence has been found to support any theory so I'm perplexed on why LE chose to rule out or have tunnel vision on any single theory. :(
It was only the FBI (not the county or the National Center) which closed the case, and you will notice that the name and date are wrong on the paper. Apparently the case was later reopened.

Three questions please:

1.) A white barn and new construction are noted in the intitial incident reports of Anna's disappearance. Were they searched at some point?

2.) Many bones were discovered along the creek bed, primarily animal bones. What was in the area that was consuming the animals?

3.) Did LE determine the color of the vehicle that was registered to Dr Waters?

TIA!!

Areas searched are listed in great detail in the police report. This is a rural area, and over time animals wandered into the creek. ALL the bones found in the creek were found to be animal bones. The color and make of the car are listed in the report. It was a white VW. Thank you for your interest in this case.

Not to my knowledge. At that point, I don't think police knew there was any connection, and they were probably keeping two rooms at the hotel at that time.

Areas searched are listed in great detail in the police report. This is a rural area, and over time animals wandered into the creek. ALL the bones found in the creek were found to be animal bones. The color and make of the car are listed in the report. It was a white VW. Thank you for your interest in this case.

TY Annasmom, yes the vehicle color was listed in the report. Although I read the reports a few times, I didnt see where searches were conducted outside of the creek bed and the property itself. I will go back and read again.

It was only the FBI (not the county or the National Center) which closed the case, and you will notice that the name and date are wrong on the paper. Apparently the case was later reopened.

The case was later reopened by the FBI or by another agency? TIA.

The plan appears to be a note written by George Waters which was located in the Box From Hell. It appears to detail out a step by step approach to some of the life insurance policies he carried.

Here is a link to the discussion:
The Box From Hell (BFH) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Box From Hell (BFH) - Part 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is a link to a flickr picture of the note:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11624535@N08/1139982159/in/set-72157601489072011/

One question again if you will tolerate me-

I wonder if GW called GB Ace as a nickname?

The plan appears to be a note written by George Waters which was located in the Box From Hell. It appears to detail out a step by step approach to some of the life insurance policies he carried.

Here is a link to the discussion:
The Box From Hell (BFH) - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
The Box From Hell (BFH) - Part 2 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Here is a link to a flickr picture of the note:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11624535@N08/1139982159/in/set-72157601489072011/

One question again if you will tolerate me-

I wonder if GW called GB Ace as a nickname?

No, ACE was without any doubt Anna Christian Eifee.

I would add that "The Plan" involved using Anna in deception to get Brody as the beneficiary of an insurance policy. Anna would be listed as the beneficiary, then something was going to occur in January 1973 that would allow them to switch the beneficiary to Brody. Anna's disappearance on January 16, 1973 allowed them to make the switch.

And remember, Waters had never made any attempt to be in Anna's life since the divorce. His only "contact" was a child support check. He even redrafted his will specifically tio give Anna only one dollar with the rest going to Brody. It seems completely out of character for Waters to suddenly be concerned about Anna's financial well-being.

GW called GB Mr Wonderful, or something like that from some old comic strip IIRC.

I'm running like mad today, but for some reason the thought of that cartoon.... I will try to find it over the next few days. TONS of homework, RL stuff going on here so not so sure how quickly I can get here, but I will have to make a note of finding the discussion on Mr. Wonderful.

Thanks a bunch for your interest in Annas case believe'.

I should add, we believe GW refered to Anna as ACE, and dropped Waters off for some reason. According to Annasmom, in addition to the plan, the last child support check she received was written out to A.C.E and changed from how he usually wrote out the check.

hth

I should add, we believe GW refered to Anna as ACE, and dropped Waters off for some reason. According to Annasmom, in addition to the plan, the last child support check she received was written out to A.C.E and changed from how he usually wrote out the check.

hth

I have been reading through the BFH thread two things I have wondered about. Someone asked if that check in Dec 1972 Child support written out to Anna Christian Eiffe, was it the last check written? Because if the check was to be sent before her abduction 1/16/1973 and wasn't, then doesn't that mean he knew he wouldn't be writing one out for January?

The other thing was in the notes you discuss a notation about be allowed to bring a picture of M on his vacation. It is surmised that the picture was of Margaret. But GB was obsessed with her, not GW, or am I wrong? I thought he met Margaret when she was in the hospital with GB. I noticed that his (GW) mother's name is Anna and he has his father's name as his middle name. So maybe GB was breaking all the ties with GW's family, separating him from even memories of his parents. Maybe the M is for mom? Where are they, in all of this? Are they in another state? Did he visit them? I am just throwing out questions here. GB had such a hold on GW that he had to ask permission to take a picture of someone with him on vacation, how sad is that? So I am thinking it is someone other than Margaret. All these flight insurance policies and we don't know where he went or why. I think there were around 50 policies that I read in that thread.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back